• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

>>>> Closed Thread Container <<<<

Do you play with Nuzlocke rules?

• Yes!

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • No...

Votes: 30 58.8%
  • What the hell is Nuzlocke?

Votes: 7 13.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GilligBoi

Once again, steel attacks should be super effective towards dragons.

Yeah because the hero always slays the dragon with a sword. I think mabey it isn't like that because in Japan dragons are noble. In most of the stories we westerners hear the dragon is evil and eats people/hoards tresure/steals a princess and a knight usually slays it.

glox

Rayquaza Master777

#1 May Fanboy
Well, I would ride my Rayquaza to school, and once I reach whatever the government deems the legal age for going on a journey to be the very best like no one ever was, I'd go on that journey and catch 'em all and beat all the gyms!

GastlyMan

Ghost Type Trainer
^^That would be awesome. Better than a car for sure.

ShadowSplash

Spring is Coming!
Lol I wish they were real, so long as there were no weird dangers as stated before. I would raise a dratini into a dragonite and then fly around on it. X3

SuperSkitty

to the rescue !
I never understood the whole thing with bug types.
Why are they super effective against psychic? I guess it can be thought as someone said, meditating people don't like disturbing bugs.
And also, rock is effective against bug, but not fighting. I think I'd be easier to kill a bug by just punching it rather than throwing a rock at it.
The only thing I understand is bug and grass.

I also quite never got why grass is effective against water. Don't plants need water to grow ? D;

And dragon too, why is ice effective against them?

I dont know, it's confusing D: But I think it's mainly so that one type isn't over powering.

Spacialrend

Gallade owns
What about the Flying/Fire matchup? Doesn't wind like, spread the blaze?

Heh, I would cut school at ten and be a trainer, yeah i get to travel the world at ten. and i would destroy every thing with my raikou or metagross

I see what you guys are saying, but i like to think of steel types as a wall. ooh i'm a wall in the dark big deal. try and bend i am 2 feet thick. Also a saying that ghosts hate pure metals. As for most of the others, each makes sense, except for dragons, they always confused me, why would a mythical being ever be weak to some ice, makes no sense, guess they needed a weaknes other than themselves.

Shimama

.the~desert~spirit.
If Pokemon existed in the real world, I would be utterly terrified.

As much as I love Pokemon, there are too many bad people out there who would use Pokemon to commit horrific crimes. Murders, robberies, "natural" disasters (Earthquake, Twister, Thunder, etc.), and even things like genocide would probably be even more catastrophic than they already are.

I do however believe that there are many more good people in the world than bad, but I don't think that having more good people than bad would lessen the massive damage that horrible people like that could do if they were able to control such terrifying power as that of Pokemon.

Not to mention you'd probably run a huge risk of being slaughtered by wild Pokemon. You'd be eaten by a Luxray or your house knocked down by an Ursaring or something.

And if Pokemon existed in this world, then the "no dying in battle" rule would be non-existent. I couldn't imagine becoming so immensely close to a Pokemon only to have it die in a Pokemon battle. That kind of loss would be devastating.

So all in all, I would never want Pokemon to exist in the real world. No, thanks.

Bardische

Elegance.
A phobia solely for a Ghastly licking your face would exist. And phobia for pokemon in general.

Also, we'd have basketball tournaments. How awesome would it be too see your team of six wearing jerseys and slam dunking on the court? Oh well.

TomNook

Still In Kanto
Well if the games are anything to go by then everyone in the world would have psychological issues involving pokemon obsession. It would be literally all we talk about.

Bardische

Elegance.
The one thing I don't understand is how psychic is super effective against poison. The only thing that I believe that can back it up is the poison inside is affected by the telekinetic waves or something, causing some sort of reaction or something.

Bug is effective against the Dark, why? Maybe since they hide in there and act all creepy and s***.

alakazam123

Pwnage trainer
Fire burns a birds wings/feathers same witha a flying/bug type,other wise i dont know like if it is poisen/flying i have no idea.Dragons are weak to ice cause i guess it freezes their throat/stomach so they can not breath fire which is one of their strongest weapons.Or it just could be the fact that they are reptiles which have problems living in the cold because they are cold-blooded.Bugs can see in the dark so they have no reason to be scared of dark types.

SneaselClaw

I don't understand why water isn't effective against dragons. Think of a dragon, and you'll think fire breathing, so why wouldn't water be effective against that, but ice which can be melted by fire is?

I don't understand why water isn't effective against dragons. Think of a dragon, and you'll think fire breathing, so why wouldn't water be effective against that, but ice which can be melted by fire is?
I think it is because dragons are cold-blooded, they can swim like many other animals, but can't stay active in the cold, their fire is a inner working and is not damaged by attacks IMO.

~Platinum~

<- Caught it!
Hey, I noticed something funny about the Galactic Commanders Mars, Jupiter, and Saturn.
You guys know the Zodiac Signs, right?(Aquarius, Pisces, Gemini, etc.) Well each Zodiac Sign has a ruling planet and a color. Get this:

Zodiac Sign: Aries
Ruling planet of Aries: Mars
Color of Aries: Red
Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Ruling planet of Sagittarius: Jupiter
Color of Sagittarius: Purple
Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Ruling planet of Capricorn: Saturn
Color of Capricorn: Blue

I don't know if the designs for the Galactic Commanders were based off of this or if it's just a really big coincidence, but I find it funny that the names and hair color of the Galactic Commanders match up according to the Zodiac Signs. I just thought I'd point this out.

Indragon

Back in the USSR
I doubt that's all just a mere coincidence ;) Game Freak probably used those facts to design their characters. Or were those their names only in the English version, in which case kudos to the translation team.

Status
Not open for further replies.