• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

>>>> Closed Thread Container <<<<

Do you play with Nuzlocke rules?

• Yes!

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • No...

Votes: 30 58.8%
  • What the hell is Nuzlocke?

Votes: 7 13.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Profesco

gone gently
After that they could focus on New England or go to Canada.

Nobody wants to go to Canada. Not even fictional characters.

But Europe and Australia would be pretty neat, sure.

weirdamanda

What a drama llama.
Well they sort of did a European place in the Latias/Latios movie. The canals and such were very European. Although a place resembling France would be lovely. I'd also like to see a tropical island, as many people have said.

I do have a question though; have Ash and co. gone to Mt. Silver? I think they went to a town at the base, but have they attempted climbing it?

weirdamanda

What a drama llama.
but I also get teary eyed during the scene when Mewtwo releases all of the Pokeballs to round up the Pokemon in the tower and everyone's trying to get their Pokemon away from them.

Pikachu gets caught and it's so dramatic because you know he hates pokeballs T_T

The only thing that's really sad in the animé is how they keep Ash around just because Pikachu is the franchise mascot. I, personally, think it would have been cooler to have each generation have their own protagonist based off the games. In the first episode of Best Wishes it was mentioned how Ash is still ten years old. "Yeah, I traveled five regions and raised all these Pokémon in under a year." I know it shouldn't bother me because the show is just used for marketing which is why they got rid of Brock, but it still bugs me. Also the CGI animation for attacks. Now that is something to shed a tear over! D:[/B

I'm a little torn about that. Sometimes I wish they'd get someone new, but then ratings would drop massively I think. Everyone wants to know what happens to Ash, even though nothing ever really will. I think it'd be interesting if they started following some older characters that traveled with Ash, or maybe just had a timeskip, and showed Ash in later years hopefully becoming a bit more famous. I just wish he'd just become a freakin "pokemon master" already, or at least age. The fact that they still call him 10 bothers me too. With, of course, the CGI animation. "Grotle, use rock climb!" *CGI rocks pop out of ground* *facepalm*

poizonsting

Pokemon master
Canada. It has some of the unimaginable beautiful places. Creating a region off the medieval remnants in England, Scotland, Norway, or Denmark wouldn't be half bad either.

I do have a question though; have Ash and co. gone to Mt. Silver? I think they went to a town at the base, but have they attempted climbing it?

Don't think so. If I recall correctly, Ash and co. went to the base of the Mt. Silver only for Ash to participate in the Silver Conference.

Ememew

Emerald Mew
US of America: Missouri could be pretty neat (the Gateway Arch could be an actual gateway a legend is summoned through or something), though I'd love the Bad Lands of South Dakota to be incorporated into a game somehow, among other interesting landmarks. 49 states to choose from (since they've done New York already, 48 if you count Arizona/Orre).

North America: Mexico or Canada could lend themselves to regions. Canada doesn't have to be cold (they put a few deserts in Japan, after all), and the Mayan temples in Mexico would make great in-game locations.

South America: could you imagine the Amazon rain forest in Pokemon? (that might be too big, though . . .). Brazil's shape could make an interesting region to play through, though. Chile would be an odd shape for a region, so if it was incorporated, it would probably be combined with other areas like Argentina to create a larger region.

Europe: So much to choose from here (both in terms of geography and history), the UK, France, Germany, Spain, the list goes on. What would the Poke-Eiffel Tower be? Could the fall of the Berlin Wall be referenced in Poke-terms? Like I said, the list goes on.

Asia: China (again, may be too big, though could focus on a "region" or "province"), India, etc. Would they be able to make a mountainous Afghanistan-like region, or would that be too controversial?

Africa: Egypt has some major potential (the pyramids, the sphinx, mythology and history), as do other African countries (although I don't know much about many of them - if they were in a game though, it would probably encourage fans to learn more about them).

Australia: again, cool idea. I like the idea of a harsher terrain for the games to explore, and the Outback fits that bill.

Antarctica: (mostly kidding) a region that shrinks and melts as you explore!

pokeaussie37

I know I'm biased. But Australia would be cool, given the variety of climates here, you've got the dry inland desert areas, the tropical north, the temperate south and the mountains do have snow in winter. New Zealand could also be really cool, given the volcanic nature of it. As long as there's no Ground Type Gym.

Off topic: Since I've mentioned it, RIP to all those dead in the Queensland floods, Cyclone Yasi, and of course the Christchurch earthquake.

Edit: @Pokemon Trainer R - A Rainbow Serpent would be awesome. Plus you could base a bit of the region's culture on Aboriginal culture, or for New Zealand, the Maori

Last edited:

Mr. amazing400

arcanine FTW
id say the saddest thing was may saying goodbye too manaphy in movie 9...Also lugias song in pokemon 2000 always makes me sad

PKMN Trainer Rex

~'3'~ Swalot face
I know I'm biased. But Australia would be cool, given the variety of climates here, you've got the dry inland desert areas, the tropical north, the temperate south and the mountains do have snow in winter. New Zealand could also be really cool, given the volcanic nature of it. As long as there's no Ground Type Gym.

Off topic: Since I've mentioned it, RIP to all those dead in the Queensland floods, Cyclone Yasi, and of course the Christchurch earthquake.

Edit: @Pokemon Trainer R - A Rainbow Serpent would be awesome. Plus you could base a bit of the region's culture on Aboriginal culture, or for New Zealand, the Maori

On second thought, having a region based off Australia is a pretty cool idea. Having an area modeled after Ayers rock, and then traveling between Australia, New Zeland and maybe Tasmania. Aslo base a roaming rare pokemon based off of a Tasmanian Tiger.

O.J. da Juiceman

Nebraska: The entire region could be a giant corn maze.

The roaming legendary could be a rotom-possessed tractor.

(Nebraska isn't really all cornfields by the way, I live in Omaha Nebraska, which is actually a very artistic and progressive place to live. Admittedly, it's probably the only city in the state that could be described that way, sorry Lincoln =P.)

pokeaussie37

One flaw I can see with Australia or New Zealand though, is that they are so large compared to the previous regions. The North Island of New Zealand for example, is just as big as Hokkaido in Japan. I know it would be easy to shrink the region for gaming purposes, but imagine how they would try and fit all these places in! Not to mention the extensive sea areas (Tasman Sea and Bass Strait). I would like to see however, a huge region. Large cities, perhaps not the size of Castelia City in Unova, and really long routes between towns. Imagine the levelling in the games compared to past ones! We could have the last gym be, for example, in the 70s, and the Elite Four be in the 80s or 90s even. That'd give the creators much more opportunities for high leveled evolutions, sort of like Volcarona and Hydreigon.

Edit: That's not necessarily practical, but it's an idea.

As for Nebraska. Well, I think they'd probably consider other areas in America before that ;) not saying it's a bad idea though!

O.J. da Juiceman

One flaw I can see with Australia or New Zealand though, is that they are so large compared to the previous regions. The North Island of New Zealand for example, is just as big as Hokkaido in Japan. I know it would be easy to shrink the region for gaming purposes, but imagine how they would try and fit all these places in! Not to mention the extensive sea areas (Tasman Sea and Bass Strait). I would like to see however, a huge region. Large cities, perhaps not the size of Castelia City in Unova, and really long routes between towns. Imagine the levelling in the games compared to past ones! We could have the last gym be, for example, in the 70s, and the Elite Four be in the 80s or 90s even. That'd give the creators much more opportunities for high leveled evolutions, sort of like Volcarona and Hydreigon.

As for Nebraska. Well, I think they'd probably consider other areas in America before that ;) not saying it's a bad idea though!

Haha no I agree, it was just a little joke.

I think a region based on the Galapagos Islands would be cool. Some pokemon could have some nice area specific forms (like Gastrodon) for each island.

Last edited:

pokeaussie37

I think a region based on the Galapagos Islands would be cool. Some pokemon could have some nice area specific forms (like Gastrodon) for each island.

Darwin's finches.
Could be really cool. But I'd see that more as a 'filler' region. An idea for another region, western South America: Ecuador, Peru. Feature the Andes Mountains and Machu Picchu, and have the Galapagos Islands as a filler region like the Sevii Islands, for example.

Edit: Europe too would work really well. I think the best way would be to deal with all of it at once and have a really large region, and feature all the cities/areas as unique, like Rome, Venice, London, Paris, French Riviera, Berlin, Madrid, and many others.

Jaggy101

I'm Jaggy and proud
I think the whole of the UK, not just england, wales or scotland and northern ireland, but all of it. Its seems a complete difference to climate.

CliveKoopa

Orre or the Sevii Islands. I'm not going to mention any real world locations because I think the Pokemon World is set on a different planet and universe.

Soriana

Musketeerific!
Europe, for sure. Combine 2 or 3 countries (i.e. the United Kingdom, France, and Italy) and call it a region. I see a few problems with the whole "medieval" idea--although I would really, really love a Pokémon period piece. x3 Team Plasma exudes a Knights Templar sort of vibe, and that combined with the Musketeers trio sort of nips any postulations of a future medieval or Renaissance setting in the bud. You know, because they're kind of giving us that in Unova.

Beyond that, Australia and New Zealand. Maybe even South America--a jungle region sounds rather appealing to me.

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
US of America: Missouri could be pretty neat (the Gateway Arch could be an actual gateway a legend is summoned through or something), though I'd love the Bad Lands of South Dakota to be incorporated into a game somehow, among other interesting landmarks. 49 states to choose from (since they've done New York already, 48 if you count Arizona/Orre).

Yeah that would be cool. But I also want the other Four Corner states. The Arches (man-made or not) could symbolize the presence of a Legendary under it.

North America: Mexico or Canada could lend themselves to regions. Canada doesn't have to be cold (they put a few deserts in Japan, after all), and the Mayan temples in Mexico would make great in-game locations.

Mayan Temples would be interesting. Didn't they turn the name around for another ancient structure in a previous game? Canada, interesting. If they did make a region based on it, I would like to go to a Greenland like land and surf alot.

South America: could you imagine the Amazon rain forest in Pokemon? (that might be too big, though . . .). Brazil's shape could make an interesting region to play through, though. Chile would be an odd shape for a region, so if it was incorporated, it would probably be combined with other areas like Argentina to create a larger region.

Pokemon Police and Pokemon Druglord. Lol. Team Deforestator is trying to wipe out the ancient forest to find the legendary pokemon! Can u stop 'em?

Europe: So much to choose from here (both in terms of geography and history), the UK, France, Germany, Spain, the list goes on. What would the Poke-Eiffel Tower be? Could the fall of the Berlin Wall be referenced in Poke-terms? Like I said, the list goes on.

Barcelona was used for the Dialga and Palkia movie.

Asia: China (again, may be too big, though could focus on a "region" or "province"), India, etc. Would they be able to make a mountainous Afghanistan-like region, or would that be too controversial?

Yep, way controversial!

Africa: Egypt has some major potential (the pyramids, the sphinx, mythology and history), as do other African countries (although I don't know much about many of them - if they were in a game though, it would probably encourage fans to learn more about them).

Again, Legendary presenve is sensed in those pyramids.

Australia: again, cool idea. I like the idea of a harsher terrain for the games to explore, and the Outback fits that bill.

Yeah, I would love to use Rock Smash, Strength, and Rock Climb as my first HMs. That's cool.
Antarctica: (mostly kidding) a region that shrinks and melts as you explore!

What?

Status
Not open for further replies.