• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

>>>> Closed Thread Container <<<<

Do you play with Nuzlocke rules?

• Yes!

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • No...

Votes: 30 58.8%
  • What the hell is Nuzlocke?

Votes: 7 13.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Grey Wind

Where' BCVM22 when you need him.
I agree. If it wasn't supposed to be like Ash's Pikachu, it should have been a Raichu.
Red has a Pikachu, because the third version - in this case Yellow - is canon. In Yellow, you have a Pikachu that won't evolve. Red is the character from Yellow, who has said Pikahu that won't evolve.

What about 000 when it comes out?

The original anime series was voted the best.
The games... alright.
Trainers/Characters were the best for example MISTY!
The original cards are better then the recent overpowered junk.

So the original is the best.

Although I love Sinnoh I adore the original.
This is an opinion. You like the original the best, that doesn't mean it is the best. Everyone thinks the original is the best because they're blinded by nostalgia. Just because it came first, doesn't mean that it's factually the best.

Flame Dragon

While i don't play Pokèmon anymore, i can say that B/W look really amazing to me.
You might surely think they are unfinished and lacking some options, but that's what the third game is for. After all, they couldn't delay the games forever. It's your option, if you want to wait for the third game and get ALL the features, or to get it now and enjoy yourself.

Let's examine what GEN V added.

1) 156 New Pokèmons with Excellent Designs. I bloated most GEN IV pokèmons, only liked 20% of them. The new designs are great, i love pretty much 70% of the new ones.
2) New Pokèmons that spice up the metagame with originality, such as Eccentric Ditto, Illusion Zoroark and Drought/Drizzle Ninetales/Politoed.
3) Older Pokèmons that were useless competitively have been given new life (or at least have been made better) with new abilities. Eccentric Ditto is just win.
4) A continent much better looking than Sinnoh. The cities are pretty good unlike Sinnoh which were just bland.
5) Many new Type Combinations (Dark/Fightning? Fire/Ghost? Dragon/Dark? Yes Please) that give a lot of new options for teammaking.
6) Finally a story that tries to be more original than usual. Characters that aren't plain boring. Gym Leaders that just don't stand around.
7) Seasons. That actually alter gameplay too.
8) Infinite TMs, no more stupid grinding for teaching moves to your team yayyyy.
9) We get Bug Pokèmon that don't suck.
10) Reshiram and Zekrom look amazing. Especially Reshiram.

I don't know man, i wouldn't complain if i were in ya.

Mister_SGG

I agree with Ememew in that that were a freakin' 156 new Pokemon (maybe 144, excluding the Legendaries), and there were so many not owned by trainers (excluding Gym Leaders, Elite Four, etc.), like Mandibuzz, Larvesta and others. I hate the Elemental Monkeys, always have, and EVERYONE has them.

Zark

{5D's Elite Duelist}
This is an opinion. You like the original the best, that doesn't mean it is the best. Everyone thinks the original is the best because they're blinded by nostalgia. Just because it came first, doesn't mean that it's factually the best.

It was officially voted that it was the best.

I saw it from my own three eyes.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Liked this game. Enjoyed majority of the new Pokemon. Wish some of them were more useful. Tons of useful new additions.

There are 3 things about these games that turn me off.
1.Wi-Fi battles (no level 100, 6 on 6)
2.double battle glitch (lose both your Pokemon on the same turn)
3.game felt short (it did)

Grey Wind

It was officially voted that it was the best.

I saw it from my own three eyes.
That doesn't prove anything. Did every single fan in the world vote? I don't think so. The only reason people think the original is best is because they are blinded by nostalgia. If Brendan was the first protagonist, and R/S were the first games, everyone would love them.

uprockingdude

Veteran Breeder
he is considered epic because he is the original he is the yugi moto to yu-gi-oh he is the agumon of digimon he is the goku of dragonball z putting it quite simply when pokemon started with its original fan base (i.e me and many others) we spent hours being him looking at this game in awe and if it weren't for the original fans there would be no Black or White.

and besides red was cool!

Lucas.G

Veteran Member
he is considered epic because he is the original he is the yugi moto to yu-gi-oh he is the agumon of digimon he is the goku of dragonball z putting it quite simply when pokemon started with its original fan base (i.e me and many others) we spent hours being him looking at this game in awe and if it weren't for the original fans there would be no Black or White.

and besides red was cool!

I agree with u except for the cool part

FireTheAbsolLord

Bad Username
Well, probably because they liked him from the manga...that's me anyway. He's a tough trainer as well. Also he's not stupid and all about "friendship" and "caring for your pokemon" and "no putting your pokemon through tough training :)" like Ash.

Hamishmash

"Just... stuff."
He's the best video-game final boss ever because... he's YOU. Chances are if you make it to Mt. Silver in Gold/Silver you'll have done pretty well in the original games, so fighting yourself is quite an epic finale.

WizardTrubbish

much more beastly
Look, if they introduced 156 new Pokemon and you were underwhelmed by it, that's kinda insane. This generation introduced the most new features.

Vid-szhite

I didn't find Gen V underwhelming. I found DP underwhelming, but I'm liking BW very much. I never played HGSS, so I never got to experience the pokemon following feature, but I do like the animated battles. The story of BW was great, and the pacing was perfect. A lot of the new pokemon in BW are now my personal favorites, which no Generation has done for me since Generation II. It just sucks that they made it so hard to acquire old favorites without a second DS. I honestly wish they could just let you upload DP pokemon to the Dreamworld and you could transfer them that way, rather than forcing you to buy a second DS, but of course they can't do that because DP aren't compatible with the DW. Oh well.

Ememew

Emerald Mew
Liked this game. Enjoyed majority of the new Pokemon. Wish some of them were more useful. Tons of useful new additions.

There are 3 things about these games that turn me off.
1.Wi-Fi battles (no level 100, 6 on 6)
2.double battle glitch (lose both your Pokemon on the same turn)
3.game felt short (it did)

Can't help with the other two, but the double battle "glitch" isn't a glitch. If both Pokemon faint on the same turn, you select the first Pokemon you want to send out in its place and then select which of the two fainted Pokemon you want to replace with it. After doing so, you'll see the fainted Pokemon and the switch-in swap places on the party screen. Then just select the second Pokemon you want to send out in place of the other fainted one. Both replacements will be switched in without a problem. There's no glitch.

Dattebayo

Banned
Can't help with the other two, but the double battle "glitch" isn't a glitch. If both Pokemon faint on the same turn, you select the first Pokemon you want to send out in its place and then select which of the two fainted Pokemon you want to replace with it. After doing so, you'll see the fainted Pokemon and the switch-in swap places on the party screen. Then just select the second Pokemon you want to send out in place of the other fainted one. Both replacements will be switched in without a problem. There's no glitch.

Then how do you explain the Sky Drop glitch in Double Battles?

MegaMew2

5th Gen still sucks.
I like these games a lot, so I can't really say anything bad, but...
I feel that B/W are not as Game Freak promised they'd be...
I don't really know why, but that's how I feel.
They're excellent games, though.

randomspot555

I
I feel that B/W are not as Game Freak promised they'd be...
I don't really know why, but that's how I feel.
They're excellent games, though.

What in the world does this even mean? What specific statement did Game Freak, in promoting the games, make that was deceitful?

Blue Monarch

Lonely Heart
Hm. I do feel that Black and White were certainly underwhelming. In fact, it just did not feel the same. The early game was rather prolonged, spamming you with endless Patrats and Lillipups to fight with, along with the occasional Purrloins... then you get a special monkey, yay! ... well you thought it was special until you realise EVERY trainer and their mother (quite literally) has them too! It wasn't surprising to see a trainer with all 3 even!

We were not introduced with HM03 and 04 properly either, and the lack of water routes meant lack of water Pokemon to fill your team. Also, getting acquainted with the new Pokemon felt odd... especially since they were in very random habitats, such as Throh/Sawk right outside Pinwheel Forest, Tympole in the GRASS patches nowhere near waters, Solosis in grass patches (not laboratory of any kind), etc... things definitely felt out of place and the game did not seem to feel like a Pokemon game until you BEAT the game and start building your team.

Post game was strange. Here I was, fighting level 50 Pokemon from trainers and ALL OF A SUDDEN they're bombarding me with level 60 + Pokemon. Most of them are unevolved and a trainer had the audacity to spam six level 60 Magikarps. What a way to troll Gamefreak...

Wild Mamoswine? Wild Metagross? Wild Tyranitar? I can fish out a Dragonite? I don't know about you, but I don't like the direction this is going at all...

The adventure field was different too... quite different from what anyone would expect. However, could it just be that Gamefreak decided to go a different direction overall instead of going their routine? I tried my best to actually see where BW went wrong... I think it's just that it is different and unfamiliar, so I tried playing the old games again to see what their charm was.

Well, I'm looking at Platinum again, and I realised the adventure field was great, but the characters were incredibly bland as the game had a subtle emphasis on competitive battling. In fact, they introduced us to TOO many Pokemon at that point that it was hard to get to know them all, and some were just overlooked even in-game (Wurmple and Kricketune I am looking at you).

HGSS... was beautiful. I don't know exactly what it was, aside from the claustrophobic adventure field and the low level curve (the latter which I don't mind so much anymore), it felt great. It had some sense of story, just the right amount of Pokemon to get to "know" and befriend, and it felt just like home for children and adults alike (though I do object to some character makeovers like Sabrina, but I won't get there).

Overall, I don't know what it is that made Black and White very underwhelming. BUT, one can clearly see that BW did have an emphasis on CHARACTER development. Where the past games were lacking some kind of concrete story or some random warped up story involving some bad guy trying to catch some legendary dragon, this one definitely had a good story. I got to know each characters and how they dealt with their life in the Pokemon World. I became enamoured with Bianca trying her best to be someone noteworthy and Cheren's competitiveness. N's innocence and idealism could not have been portrayed any better. Everything else about the game was executed poorly, but the storyline is what got me hooked and playing through. Was it worth the trade? Well, I'm not entirely sure, because I felt the game was lacking a lot. It could have been done better... much better.

What say you? Because I want to know myself what all of you think about this game, and I'm putting hopes for the "upcoming Grey version" that we don't even know about to rectify a lot of these. Platinum did make DP a LOT better, for example, but I'm not sure how they will pull this one out.

JamesRaynor

I am a little disappointed with Black/White. I really liked the main story and playing through the game, but after beating the E4 the first time, I am actually bored of the game. This is really surprising to me because I have never been bored with a Pokemon game even after hours and hours of gameplay. When I played SS, I couldn't put it down and played it everyday, but with Black I have stopped playing it even if I have nothing better to do.
I think it's because you were in it for the story first and and foremost, because it 'ended' you lost a good deal of emotional investment.

What disappoints me is they still don't allow pokemon to even speak, even the oesn that have been shown to be capable. No N I don't want you to tell me what the pokemon thinks, I want them to speak for themselves.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.