• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

>>>> Closed Thread Container <<<<

Do you play with Nuzlocke rules?

• Yes!

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • No...

Votes: 30 58.8%
  • What the hell is Nuzlocke?

Votes: 7 13.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ShinyDoug

Shine?
Its fine...what I meant is double grass has better "luck" not odds on shiny encouters. In return have the same odds of finding shinies in the wild still 1/8192. I was saying its true by "luck" 2/8192 in the grass but the odds are still the same....

Ah, I understand now. Sorry for the confusion. Yeah, it seems like double grass does have better luck.

rykerr1

The Great Gublet
I've heard something about people saving every 30-50 REs to shuffle the RNG or something like that. I don't think it's messed up like Emerald's though.

I'd heard that too, that's why I was concerned. I don't really like counting my SR's, but maybe I will start a hunt on LG anyway. I don't have a car, so I can't go anywhere during the day anyway =/

SphealsFTW

Money is the anthem!
I'd heard that too, that's why I was concerned. I don't really like counting my SR's, but maybe I will start a hunt on LG anyway. I don't have a car, so I can't go anywhere during the day anyway =/
Oh, you're SRing? I don't know if it would affect SRs in the same way. It would probably be best to go on hunting like normal and not worry about the RNG, since I've never really heard anyone have any problems with it.

rykerr1

The Great Gublet
Oh, you're SRing? I don't know if it would affect SRs in the same way. It would probably be best to go on hunting like normal and not worry about the RNG, since I've never really heard anyone have any problems with it.

Yea, there isn't anything on FR/LG that I couldn't get on Soul Silver, Platinum, Pearl, or White, except for a starter. I know you can get Kanto & Hoenn starters in Soul Silver, but you can only get one of each, so I figured I'd go for Charmander on LG, if I ever figure out where I put it...

Autis-misc

Abridger
People would just rant about kanto pokemon just as they do with unova...

Plus, Dylan and cole would make a commercial on sinnoh remakes and not the johto remakes.... just saying.

"i can use my palkia to beat my brother!"

"i just sent emolga to the pokewalker"

and so on....

(although, id want emolga to be sent to the pokewalker)

Ash's starter would be emolga and the mascot woud be Snivy (lol, just want to be different)

ToeyJoey

The Count
I don't think I'll be happy until we've got at least 1500. More would be better though.

Accipitri

Space relic
I love to see the different ideas they come up with every generation, especially the ones based on obscure or unusual concepts, and I really hope they keep going as long as they keep up the quality that they have. There are so many ideas in nature and in culture to take ideas from that it would be hard to run out!

FlyingFlygon

Ocarina of Calm
As long as the quality of Pokemon stays at least bearable, then they can make however many they can. However, when we have a full generation of all Vanillite-esque Pokemon, that's when they should stop.

I agree. The problem that Pokemon is beginning to have is that they're running out of good ideas. Vanillite was a step in the wrong direction, and if Nintendo goes down that path then the pokemon francise will die. However, if they can give us good pokemon yet then we may still see more generations.

What I personally think is that Nintendo needs to stop making new pokemon and start using them in new and creative ways. For example, instead of the typical OMG!!! I HAVE TO GO AND BEAT THE GYM LEADERS AND THE ELITE 4 GUYZ!!! they should make some more games along the lines of Colosseum / Gale of Darkness.

LyreBirdGirl

inactive
Hello, Shiny Hunters!
I finally got my 18 Litwick eggs back (i'm up to 40 now).
So...Anyone want to help me come up with names? The litwick will be named Gibli, but what should I name the Snivy?

Jeshika

Ergh, bored already, my diamond swarm was Absol, thought that'd be a nice shiny, but chain broke at 15, same with Shellos. I'm gonna try route 203, a shiny Ralts would be amazing!

Edit: No, changed my mind, I want a Shinx.

If my chain fails again before 15 i'm going back to MMing Kangaskhan. >/

Last edited:

RoflLuxRay

Pokemon Physiologist
I don't think so. Why? Because real animals don't really have that either. I mean, if we're going to do a realistic phylogeny here, I think it's best to keep with the mix we have now. It seems more natural and it also means that the members who didn't do this at first don't have to go back and alter them as well. Overall, it's just time saving and more realistic to stay with what we already have.

He's got a really good point. Trying to control the way the names are given is something the nomenclature codes have been trying since Linneaus and yet they are full of exceptions...

FatalOmega

Aquatic Fanatic
Be sure to have a Pokemon with the ability static in your first slot. That is how I was able to get my chain to 40.

Wild Dragonite

Ralts Evo Tree Fan
I agree. The problem that Pokemon is beginning to have is that they're running out of good ideas. Vanillite was a step in the wrong direction, and if Nintendo goes down that path then the pokemon francise will die. However, if they can give us good pokemon yet then we may still see more generations.

What I personally think is that Nintendo needs to stop making new pokemon and start using them in new and creative ways. For example, instead of the typical OMG!!! I HAVE TO GO AND BEAT THE GYM LEADERS AND THE ELITE 4 GUYZ!!! they should make some more games along the lines of Colosseum / Gale of Darkness.

I agree, the storyline's getting a little too repetitive. I'd rather see something more... evil. And less 'Become teh champion omgz!' stuff.

blonde_1

To do RNGs: 0
Hello, Shiny Hunters!
I finally got my 18 Litwick eggs back (i'm up to 40 now).
So...Anyone want to help me come up with names? The litwick will be named Gibli, but what should I name the Snivy?

I like your reference for your litwick's name! (are you doing Gibli or Ghibli?)
My shiny litwick is actually named Calcifer (I'm assuming you get the reference :)), I thought it fit him so nicely :D

Road

Shiny Master
Is there a secret to keeping the chain from breaking? I remember I tried chaining a lot in DPPt but it broke after like...5. My longest chaining was maybe 20-30 and I never found anything. I must just have terrible luck...

Ah, on the topic of MMing, I'm trying to decide what to MM on my Jap White. I want to stick to 5th gen, so I was thinking maybe Larvesta, since it's a pretty cute Shiny and Ulgamoth (sp?) is cool too. But Iunno. This'll be my first time MMing ever so suggestions for an easy Pokemon to start me off would be aprpeciated~

P.S. You guys rock at names. I love you all.

blonde_1

To do RNGs: 0
Is there a secret to keeping the chain from breaking? I remember I tried chaining a lot in DPPt but it broke after like...5. My longest chaining was maybe 20-30 and I never found anything. I must just have terrible luck...

Ah, on the topic of MMing, I'm trying to decide what to MM on my Jap White. I want to stick to 5th gen, so I was thinking maybe Larvesta, since it's a pretty cute Shiny and Ulgamoth (sp?) is cool too. But Iunno. This'll be my first time MMing ever so suggestions for an easy Pokemon to start me off would be aprpeciated~

P.S. You guys rock at names. I love you all.

I wasn't very good at first, but I found the Smogon chaining guide to be very helpful! They talk a lot about good and bad patches as well as good and bad patch formations (which I found extremely helpful). Give it a read, and when in doubt reset the radar! :D

Smogon's Guide to Chaining

Status
Not open for further replies.