• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

>>>> Closed Thread Container <<<<

Do you play with Nuzlocke rules?

• Yes!

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • No...

Votes: 30 58.8%
  • What the hell is Nuzlocke?

Votes: 7 13.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryn

Growlithe Lover
Hey guys... decided to come check in with everyone before I zonk out for the night.

Worked on my MM Totodile a bit today but no luck... but I did do a little training with Amadeus (my shiny Charmander, who is now a Charmeleon).

Congrats to everyone who got their shinies! And good luck to everyone who's still trying. :)

Today's my 23rd birthday (Ack, getting so old! ;_; ) so hopefully I can do a bit of lazing around and MM for a while when I wake up in the AM... and hope for a nice birthday shiny! Maybe? *pokes white version*

auryn

Eevee Breeder
Today's my 23rd birthday (Ack, getting so old! ;_; ) so hopefully I can do a bit of lazing around and MM for a while when I wake up in the AM... and hope for a nice birthday shiny! Maybe? *pokes white version*

Well, happy birthday and happy shiny hunting! You're really not old, I'm only a year behind you. I'm honestly surprised to see someone else on here close to my age. =P

Still working on my Purrloin, obviously. Trying out getting tons of eggs and hatching them all at once to see how I like it.

Actually, I scored a shiny Latios in trading. I definitely didn't expect that! He's pretty.

thekorean

I tried shiny chaining. Nothing. Wasted time and effort. Honestly, why does shinies even exist if no one can get it.

PsychicPsycho

Finished my Deino breeding obligations, I'll probably start up my Zorua MMing again soon.
How can you tell if a Unova pokemon is foreign? Because I just got two pokemon for MMing that had Japan as their location. Their OT and names for both are both in Japanese letters
In addition to the foreign dex entry mentioned for pre-5th gen mon, it seems that, if you compare the experience gained from a pokemon of your own game, it should be 1.7 more. I got some from Canada and the UK, foreign countries that speak english, and got 1.5 time exp. However, ones I've tested from Japan and France got 1.7. Basically, what I do is breed/catch a pokemon and take it, along with the suspected foreigner, to the battle dome. I then SR and note the exp. gained by each from a certain pokemon defeat and compare the ratio.
that sounds awesome! ive never heard of anyone SRing for a game corner poke before, thats so cool!
I tried that a bit for an Abra in FR. I got the idea from a video I saw on the internet.

Nyter

Island Challenger
Oh Gur-eat

i like all 649 pokemon and i hope they keep adding but there to me is a problem.

if they make a new generation there will be a pokemon number 666 and christianity which is my religion is the devils sign. so i cant wait to see if the makers of pokemon do something special in that numbers meaning. i hope they dont

Oh great now what the church used to accuse Pokemon of in 1999 WILL come true

"Pokemon is the Dev!l"

Vendidurt

« Breeder »
i chained 6 shiny eevee today! gonna get some more tomorrow, since i messed it up on my own. stupid level 1 synchronizer....

BCVM22

Only if you're insistent upon running around like a chicken declaring the sky to be falling. The rest of the sensible world won't have a problem.

Nyter

Island Challenger
Nope Not Me!

Only if you're insistent upon running around like a chicken declaring the sky to be falling. The rest of the sensible world won't have a problem.

LOL no, but the discussion reminded me of that issue back in the days. The church did look stupid at the time (No religious offense)

Radlin

He Returns.
Well, I say any amount is ok. What I would like is that they would have most Pokemon available to catch in that game.

Murton

Once you were lost.

The people running around saying that the sky is falling have whined about Pokemon being the devil before. I don't know, I think I'll get a good laugh out of it.

Emperor Empoleon

Honor of Kalos
I think it's fine as of now, but expanding on the Pokemon world with more would be cool. Unova's designs/concepts were some of the best imo, and I'd like to see more suprise Pokemon like them. Unova is proof to me that they've still got more ideas over at Game Freak/Creatures. There weren't any evolutions of older Pokemon either, so it must've taken a touch more creativity to make up the new Pokemon.

Shell-Sword wielding Samurai Otter is still the most creative idea for a Water type that I've seen :p

Well I like to keep one of each species in my boxes... So if we talking 1000+, THEY BETTER have more than 18 boxes in the PC, cause if not, I WILL BE TRIPPIN!

There's 24 in B&W :3

The future titles will probably have the same system that Unova did. Expand the Box number when you have Pokemon in all of the Boxes you already have.

Last edited:

Kiruria

La Melancolie Noir
Shiny Wurmple appears!
YAY! Goes to tap on Fight but taps Run.
Pffffffffffffffffffttttttt!!!

*Epic facepalm*

That happened to me with a Cryogonal the other day... not a shiny one, but still...

Jeshika

Time to start chaining for my shiny Shinx again, this time i'm going to use a static pokemon. Fingers crossed, this is getting boring.

Zuzu14

buttd
I think 649 is a damn fine number. Although it's a real pain to try and get the complete pokedex. Would have been nice to include over half of the Pokemon in Black and White post-game. Much easier task.

Vendidurt

« Breeder »
Time to start chaining for my shiny Shinx again, this time i'm going to use a static pokemon. Fingers crossed, this is getting boring.

if youre having trouble check out some of the youtube instructional videos. before, i could never chain past 12, but just yesterday i got 6 shiny eevee's in the olive garden. some of the rules are kinda obscure, but check the videos out and follow all the rules they have. youll be a master in no time.

i plan on chaining for snover's, but the snow will obscure my vision. so, ill do that soon.

cuty_pie98

Gallade Lover ♥
How do you get shinies? I don't have any and I wish I could get one!

Jeshika

if youre having trouble check out some of the youtube instructional videos. before, i could never chain past 12, but just yesterday i got 6 shiny eevee's in the olive garden. some of the rules are kinda obscure, but check the videos out and follow all the rules they have. youll be a master in no time.

i plan on chaining for snover's, but the snow will obscure my vision. so, ill do that soon.
I think i'm going to have to, broke my chain at like 12 again, and that was using static and everything lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.