• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

>>>> Closed Thread Container <<<<

Do you play with Nuzlocke rules?

• Yes!

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • No...

Votes: 30 58.8%
  • What the hell is Nuzlocke?

Votes: 7 13.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow XD001

At first I thought that 649 Pokémon seemed like a lot, but it's easy to get all Unova Pokémon throughout the game, and the other 493 from the older games are pretty easy to get from the PokéTransfer, since you can get a lot at one time. There's usually more ways to get the Pokémon to the most recent games, it just takes time.

Wild Dragonite

Ralts Evo Tree Fan
About 25 minutes ago My shiny ekans shone. Prob 500 resets thats 2500 ekans. Hes a careful nature and ivs arnt so bad. I named him arbongnik. If anyone can guess why. Once again pics will come when i can. On to eevee now.

Good grief, that's a lot of resets. Kudos to you, you have more dedication than I ever had.

I got my Gible, not really happy about the nature (oh well.) Still need to get that Japanese Ditto so I can get MMing. =/

Gligari

Shiny Hunter
2500 ekans? Wow how long did that take you?

Well 500 resets isnt that long. Took me a day and a half of non-dedicated resetting. And dont forget 2500 ekans is because you reset 5 at a time. So it wasnt a hassle. And for bbcode markup i had to delete 2 shines from my sig so i deleted my lost shiny claydol and my event raichu from there because they dont really count. Now i have to do eevee wich is annoying because bill loves t chat it up before he gives you eevee.

EDIT: i am just loving arboks shiny sprite. Golden blue is awsome

Ryn

Growlithe Lover
Good morning guys. :) Congrats to everyone and their new shinies! I'm envious, Gligari. I want a shiny Arbok so bad. xD

Putting the Totodile hunt on hold and going to start working on Houndour for a while. I haven't been doing too much shiny hunting in the past few days... been too busy. :p Plus I've been getting some breeding requests on the forums... and that interferes with MMing.

But Amadeus is a level away from becoming a shiny Charizard... can't wait!

Also, wanted to ask opinions: do you MMers find it faster to gather five eggs, hatch them, put them in the box, then go collect more from the day care man? Or do you stockpile eggs and then just hatch them? I have yet to find a desireable method, tbh.

TheWatersGreatGuardian

Legendary Trainer
Well 500 resets isnt that long. Took me a day and a half of non-dedicated resetting. And dont forget 2500 ekans is because you reset 5 at a time. So it wasnt a hassle. And for bbcode markup i had to delete 2 shines from my sig so i deleted my lost shiny claydol and my event raichu from there because they dont really count. Now i have to do eevee wich is annoying because bill loves t chat it up before he gives you eevee.

EDIT: i am just loving arboks shiny sprite. Golden blue is awsome

Er...I am not really sure I totally understand the resetting thing. 5 at a time?

*IZ*

Ironically, i just got a shiny rayquaza off of gts negotiations and it was caught at sinnoh. XD I just traded a giritina for it. it dont matter but still a dissapointment.

Taboo

Shiny Zorua
I got a Shiny Espeon off the GTS before. It was caught in Sinnoh at LV.100. So, I re-traded it for a Charizard :3

pokemon1996

<-- I will get'em
Good morning everyone. Good luck to all the shiny hunts today.

Poke_Cannon

Beck is my boy'
too many pokemon.. too many threats... ruins metagame.

as a casual pokemon player and catcher, etc.. im sure its not a big deal to them.

but to me.. i think the designs are still quality, the ideas and types are great, the pokemon themselves are solid. but i do feel that there are just.. too many.. and even more [which will probably happen] will be chaos

Electric

Unfortunately I haven't got a shiny Cobalion yet. But I'm thinking about quitting because I have a Spanish Black version so I might as well do my SR hunt there, but I don't know yet. I kinda want a shiny Cobalion now so that I can get a shiny Virizion, because it looks different.

Wild Dragonite

Ralts Evo Tree Fan
Unfortunately I haven't got a shiny Cobalion yet. But I'm thinking about quitting because I have a Spanish Black version so I might as well do my SR hunt there, but I don't know yet. I kinda want a shiny Cobalion now so that I can get a shiny Virizion, because it looks different.

So, if you don't get a shiny Cobalion, you can't get a shiny Terrakon or Virizion? I didn't know that. I thought they were all independent.

Learn something new every day.

pokemon1996

<-- I will get'em
Oh I get it, so you save BEFORE you buy the ekans or fight a legendary then catch as many as you can, if they aren't shiny, you reset?

Exactly. That is how you SR for a shiny pokemon. You can also save before obtaining an egg if you prefer.

thatguycharizard34

so AWH-SOME /)^ɛ^(\
So, if you don't get a shiny Cobalion, you can't get a shiny Terrakon or Virizion? I didn't know that. I thought they were all independent.

Learn something new every day.

You can't see Terrakion or Virizion until you've battled that hench beast that is Cobalion, so you, in theory, cannot get the others as shinies until you get a shiny Cobalion

Kaotos

Shiny Breeder
Hey there guys, well im at 570 Munna eggs and nothing.
Imma keep trying though and im almost done with the game so thats good. :D
Good Luck to all your shiny hunts!

Red Raichu Returns

Raichu Enthusiast
Exactly. That is how you SR for a shiny pokemon. You can also save before obtaining an egg if you prefer.

Off topic: really digging the sig, the old school Haxorous evolution line thingy is awesome.

On topic: who has encountered. A legendary shiny without soft resting?

abrar14

Statter Master
Off topic: really digging the sig, the old school Haxorous evolution line thingy is awesome.

in crystal i encountered a shiny ho-oh but after i beat the e4 in restarted my game because i didn't know about shinys

pokemon1996

<-- I will get'em

I encountered shiny suicune in crystal. I remember thinking it was a glitch and reseting.

Status
Not open for further replies.