• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

>>>> Closed Thread Container <<<<

Do you play with Nuzlocke rules?

• Yes!

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • No...

Votes: 30 58.8%
  • What the hell is Nuzlocke?

Votes: 7 13.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flydreigon

OM NOM NOM...
Ok, I'm officially at a roadblock. I've released the beasts, but it's taking too long to encounter them. I haven't tried to catch a roamer in a long time, so can anyone spare some tips?

Kaotos

Shiny Breeder
Just updating guys, well still havent hatched anymore Munna eggs but I have stored 300 so now im up to 1,200 if they all get hatched :D
Just beat the pokemon league on White so imma be playing Black alot more and soon imma start transfering some of my Diamond pokemon to White so I can do the Battle Subway. Well I see that alot of people have gotten Shinies recently, mostly from SR's :D
Congradulations to you all and good luck to everyone else on your hunts.

LyreBirdGirl

inactive
Your right, it'll be smug, and covered in leaves. :D Perfect.

rykerr1

The Great Gublet
Ok, I'm officially at a roadblock. I've released the beasts, but it's taking too long to encounter them. I haven't tried to catch a roamer in a long time, so can anyone spare some tips?

I would just run around in a route for awhile with max repel and a level 39 Pokemon (in a route where the normal Pokemon are lower leveled, obviously). Run back and forth into/out of that route until you meet one of the beasts. I don't think there's any easier way of finding them for the first time.

Anyway, for an update on my hunts... I just finished boxing another 360 Eevee eggs, and I'm hoping that it'll hatch in this batch. I've also been SRing for Moltres all day, still with no luck. I'm really hoping one will shine by the end of the week.

*IZ*

I have hatched 450 eggs now. I got 2 more boxes to hatch :D. Anyone like my siggy? :p

RedJirachi

Veteran member
An emphasis on events. Not just "get this item, and you get this Pokemon", but a mini-story. For example:

-Genesect
You need the P2 Key, in order to access the lower levels of the P2 lab. The first basement level is full of wild Porygon, and nothing else. Below that is where a scientist is looking after an inactive Genesect. He will explain that he was the brains behind creating Genesect, but banished due to N's opinions on the matter. In order to capture Genesect, you must first fight him. He has the following Pokemon, all at Lv 63
.Klinklang
.Porygon-Z
.Rotom(form is random)
.Ditto
You only have one chance to beat him. If you lose to him, even once, you can never capture Genesect. Thankfully, you have an unlimited number of tries when fighting Genesect. It will be Lv65, and have Techno Buster as its primary move.

Also, there could be a giveaway of anime character-based Pokemon, who have movesets that are unavailable in the game. Or shiny Pokemon based off those seen in the anime

Brute Root

I'm a Christian
There's acutally 15 artificial Pokemon:
-Grimer & Muk
-Voltorb & Electrode
-Porygon & its family
-Castform
-Banette (basically a Shuppet inhabiting a doll)
-Trubbish & Garbodor
-Golette & Golurk
-Genesect

It doesn't seem appropriate to put most of them along with the ghosts, since most of them have physical forms.

I had not actually thought about that...hmm..
On another note...my new class this summer semester: a BUTT LOAD of work..not just any butt load, a Snorlax butt load. So I am only able to get on on the weekends.

Flydreigon

OM NOM NOM...
Ok, I've come up with a way that works to hunt the beasts. It works pretty well IMO. I release them, go to Route 37, put on a Super Repel, and head into the grass and come back up through the city and repeat. I'm already at 30 SRs with this method. I wish one of them will shine soon. I want to be able to say I got a shiny Entei or Raikou without the event! Good luck to everyone, and may the shiny be with you.

Oh, *IZ*, that is an awesome pic!

Vendidurt

« Breeder »
damn. yeah, i would like to see a shiny raikou that doesnt come out of a cherish ball!

Flydreigon

OM NOM NOM...
damn. yeah, i would like to see a shiny raikou that doesnt come out of a cherish ball!

Exactly! Entei and Raikou are probably be my hardest shinies to get, since I have to SR for one to be shiny, and KO the other one and go through the Elite 4 to have it respawn. And I have to do that until it's shiny. I don't think it's possible to SR at the end of the E4, so I have to go through the E4 each time I want to respawn the beast. That's gonna take some serious dedication on my part... O.O

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
Exactly! Entei and Raikou are probably be my hardest shinies to get, since I have to SR for one to be shiny, and KO the other one and go through the Elite 4 to have it respawn. And I have to do that until it's shiny. I don't think it's possible to SR at the end of the E4, so I have to go through the E4 each time I want to respawn the beast. That's gonna take some serious dedication on my part... O.O
RNGing is possible. But its still freaking hard. Because You have all three to do at once. (Atleast I think)

Going after shiny blissey at the moment.

EDIT: Wait I don't think you can do that Flydreigon. The values are already set after they are released (I'm almost sure of it)

rykerr1

The Great Gublet
RNGing is possible. But its still freaking hard. Because You have all three to do at once. (Atleast I think)

You only have to do 2 at once. In HG/SS it's like Crystal, you find Suicune near Cerulean city, and you can just save in front of it and reset.

Good luck Flydreigon on your beasts hunt! I was considering doing that but I was too lazy; I will be doing it for Latios though. Hopefully one will shine without too many resets.

Flydreigon

OM NOM NOM...

EDIT: Wait I don't think you can do that Flydreigon. The values are already set after they are released (I'm almost sure of it)

Yeah I know the values are set after you release them, which is why I saved on the stairs right before you release them. And you only have to do Entei and Raikou. Suicune's values are set whenever you fight it in Kanto. I might just have to RNG them if this takes that long of time, but I haven't the slightest idea how to RNG. I guess I'll look it up on Smogon on something later...

EDIT: Thanks for the encouragement Rykerr! I hope they shine soon too... then I'll be able to get done with the rest of the main story. The only shiny left to SR after the beasts is Ho-oh, but that's not 'til a long time after the beasts. I really want to enjoy the story! And good luck with your hunts too! Aren't you going after Moltres?

Last edited:

SnugNBouncy

Everyday Im Snugglin
oh. my. god. just started pokeradaring again after an unsuccessful period of REing in White and i am ready to kill someone. on my first try i got to a chain of 39 bidoofs while watching the new pokemon season. i wasnt even going to try for number 40, i was just going to keep resetting at 39. i stopped looking for just a second to watch part of the anime and BOOM ran into a starly. GRRRRRRR!

JASP01

Illust. Grand Master
I agree with Inchtall and Snar.

blonde_1

To do RNGs: 0
Well everyone, I made it to 315 SRs today for latias, I think I'll do a few more and maybe end at 320 or 330. Thanks for all the luck and encouragement lately, I need it! :D

I wish everyone the best on their hunts, and I hope lady luck swings by every now and then :p

Status
Not open for further replies.