• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

>>>> Closed Thread Container <<<<

Do you play with Nuzlocke rules?

• Yes!

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • No...

Votes: 30 58.8%
  • What the hell is Nuzlocke?

Votes: 7 13.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe the belt suppresses their power by making them hold it for so long. If that's true, and they had been wearing it long enough, then of course no one would want to take it off.

Wild Dragonite

Ralts Evo Tree Fan
I'm putting my shiny fossil hunt on hold. I've been at it for almost a week and nothing. I've really only done ten or fifteen a day, but that's really all I have patience for.

On a side note, I'm still looking for nicknames for shiny Lileep and Shieldon. Anyone got any?

Flydreigon

OM NOM NOM...
I have a new theory.

In its R/S sprites, Machamp does not have its belt. Also, it looks like its taking a crap. Maybe the belt is a poo transporter device, and whenever they don't have it they are prone to explosive diarrhea, so that's why it looks like its taking a crap.

poix_the_yak

I stay noided
You know those pajamas with the butt flaps that you unbutton so you can take a crap and still stay warm? (Peter Griffin wears a pair of these in one episode of Family Guy, look it up.) The "underwear" that Machoke and Machamp wear have these, and they just unbutton them to take a crap, while still keeping the belt on. I win.

It's funny because Mud-slap is an Egg move. :p

I love this thread, I'm laughing my butt off XD Too bad its gonna get closed, they should at least sticky this if they're gonna lock it.

shadowdrragoon

a good rain dance team

im looking for a little help in setting up a good rain dance team. but one pokemon i want included is cloyster with a very good defensive spread but can still deal pretty good damage. but to back it up im basically on the side of no clue. so if some one could help me out here.;091;

im new to the forums and competitive stuff i dont know what combos would work best because im defensive even when im playing story i have hard hitters but i have a few walls as well to block or even nutralize certain attacks just need help with a rain dance team.

Last edited:

Swagmander

I heard that without their power save belts, Machoke and Machamp are the mightiest Pokemon of all. What I want to know is where the belt comes from... when Machop evolves, it just appears.

No. 1 Machop Fan

I heard that without their power save belts, Machoke and Machamp are the mightiest Pokemon of all. What I want to know is where the belt comes from... when Machop evolves, it just appears.

That's indeed another mystery. Whatever happens, no doubt a Machop that's about to evolve will prepare for it.

PKMN Trainer Rex

~'3'~ Swalot face
I always thought Machamp is wearing spandex undies like wrestlers and wear them to hide the business. And that they take it off when do the doo behind a tree then go back to doing what Machamps do.

Side thought: Is there a sprite where Machamp puts on the belt before a battle? Seeing it holding its belt over head and putting it on would be really cool.

dracoburn

Lance's protege
Maybe it's not underwear, maybe it's a diaper. Maybe they save it up and wait for weeks, then gather in a secret cave where Mew, the ancestor(and therefore MOTHER) of all Pokemon employs its psychic powers to change them in a mass ritual. They then return to their trainers.

If your Machamp seems particularly grouchy or smelly, you're not working it out too hard, it just slept through its monthly change!

Swagmander

Ok, to be honest I think it would go like this:
Gen 5: This game is amazing! Look at all these awesome monsters! Ferrothorn and Bisharp look so cool! Whoa, Genesect is really B.A.!
Gen 4: Nice, more Pokemon! The starters have such creative final forms! There's a lot of friendly-looking new ones, they're not as cool this gen. OMG There's a god Pokemon?
Gen 3: I like these new Pokemon! But the fire starter line is like, exactly the same as the last one. Why are there so few dual-typed Ghosts?
Gen 2: Woooow. Pokemon is going TOO FAR. Pineco is a total Ferroseed rip-off. Wtf is this? Dunsparce? At least Stunfisk had a cool type and good defenses. And Politoed looks like a wuss compared to good ol' Seismitoad. At least the legendaries are cool...ish. Lugia is totally lacking in detail compared to past legendaries and Ho-Oh is a... happy turkey sticking its tongue out. Wow.
Gen 1: Seriously? We've come this far and this is all Game Freak has to show for themselves. ONCE AGAIN we get only one Ghost family and one Dragon family. A f***ing mime? UGLY. And seriously; Nidoking, Nidoqueen, Kangaskhan, AND Rhydon look EXACTLY THE SAME. And the type combinations are worse than ever! There are so many Grass/Poison elements, that even the STARTER is Grass/Poison! What is Weezing, anyway? And they are so out of ideas that they couldn't even design two cover legendaries. Mew created all Pokemon? Everyone knows Arceus did that. And what's with this Mewtwo? How DARE they try to copy good ol' Genesect.

KittyKitty3308

Shiny Hunter
Those are some good names! I'm definitely gonna name them that, but first they gotta shine first! So far I'm at 171 SRs. Thats a lot higher than I expected for only 3 or so days. I hope to get 350 before the end of the weekend. Goodluck to you and everyone else!

Ok.. This may sound stupid, but since you have to start from the time they release themselves to determine shininess, what are you going to do when, say for example, entei shines but raikou doesn't? Are you just looking for one or the other in shiny? Cuz I don't think they would both be shiny.. Correct me if I'm wrong on any of this. I was just thinking about it earlier! But good luck! I would never have the patience to SR.

Flydreigon

OM NOM NOM...
Ok.. This may sound stupid, but since you have to start from the time they release themselves to determine shininess, what are you going to do when, say for example, entei shines but raikou doesn't? Are you just looking for one or the other in shiny? Cuz I don't think they would both be shiny.. Correct me if I'm wrong on any of this. I was just thinking about it earlier! But good luck! I would never have the patience to SR.

If one's shiny and the other's not, I KO the non-shiny one and defeat the Elite 4. That resets the data for the roamer, so then it's possible for it to be shiny. Or I could SR until both are shiny, but the odds of that are 1/67108864 O.O And yes, they both CAN be shiny, but the odds are astronomically small.

KittyKitty3308

Shiny Hunter
If one's shiny and the other's not, I KO the non-shiny one and defeat the Elite 4. That resets the data for the roamer, so then it's possible for it to be shiny. Or I could SR until both are shiny, but the odds of that are 1/67108864 O.O And yes, they both CAN be shiny, but the odds are astronomically small.

Oh yeah! I forgot about the Elite 4 reset! I personally hope you get Raikou first just because I only got shiny Entei and Suicune in the events. ;) Good luck! I'm rooting for you!

dracoburn

Lance's protege
Just an FYI, wrong place to put this. Gonna quit there before I hit the line of "minimodding"

Check out the group I mention in my signature. We have a newly developed mentorship program, and we'll be sure to help you out.

Flydreigon

OM NOM NOM...
Oh yeah! I forgot about the Elite 4 reset! I personally hope you get Raikou first just because I only got shiny Entei and Suicune in the events. ;) Good luck! I'm rooting for you!

Thanks for the luck! I personally don't care which shines first, as long as one shines soon! I'm up to 193 SRs right now; gonna try for 200 before I go to sleep. Hurry up and shine so I continue with my game! *shakes DS*

KittyKitty3308

Shiny Hunter
Wait... Then what would Ash's starter Pokemon be?

Darn!! You beat me to it! I was just thinking about this. I can see Ash with a cute Emolga that completely ignores him Volt Switching all over the place. And instead of hearing "My name is Ash Ketchum from Pallet Town." We can finally hear "I am Ash Ketchum from Nuvema Town."

Oh God... Prof. Juniper would be the legend researcher instead of Oak. No!! I'm glad Red and Blue came first!!!

KittyKitty3308

Shiny Hunter
Oh and just think about this... If Jynx was that "racist" back then... Just think about how racist she would have been if Red and Blue was just released instead of Black and White! I don't wanna go through THAT again.

poizonsting

Pokemon master
No matter, if that was the case, Unova Pokemon would still have looked like degenerated forms of digimon and uncreative.

Kaotos

Shiny Breeder
Hey guys well im about to start hatching 6 boxes of Munna eggs, wish me luck :D
oh and i want to sr for a shiny torchic on emerald, but Idk how, I save it before I click on the bag and keep sr till it shines right?

Status
Not open for further replies.