• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

>>>> Closed Thread Container <<<<

Do you play with Nuzlocke rules?

• Yes!

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • No...

Votes: 30 58.8%
  • What the hell is Nuzlocke?

Votes: 7 13.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

arbiter7x

Brock Obama
GF isn't Bungie. They don't have a well established internet fan community to take in ideas and suggestions from fans and players. It is up to GF employees to randomly stumble upon ideas they think are cool and feasible while randomly browsing through forums such as this one.

BCVM22

Which assumes that they read forums like this, or that they need to in order to generate ideas.

Neither is true.

Nyter

Island Challenger
I think they should take ideas but how many ideas would that be... like a gazillion? They ain't got time for that.

abrar14

Statter Master
yeah theyd get like 10,000 ideas a day with only a few good ones

Axel

Orange Champion
Should Gamefreak and Nintendo take our ideas? Oh, no, no, no. Never. If those fanmade games are any indication, Pokemon will be ruined forever if Gamefreak took our ideas. There's a few good ones, but so many bad...

WeatherEffectRain

Arm Wrestle?
^And that is my reasoning behind the handy-dandy auto 'Checks Grammar, send through report people for authenticity(Good background, not overpowered or too much on it), and send it to checkers for good thoughts and design, then send to Sugimorizers to see if it's good enough and eventually out of like 20,000 checks two or three look good enough to use' machine.

Not exactly how I put it, but they could always extract ideas by say, hiring Internet Surfers to zoom around the web and try and see some people with good ideas. Likely not contact them either; If you draw 'inspiration' from something on the internet, you need no sort of legal action, as it's their's.

Likely won't in any case, though.

Ivanka

Freeeeeeeeee
Should Gamefreak and Nintendo take our ideas? Oh, no, no, no. Never. If those fanmade games are any indication, Pokemon will be ruined forever if Gamefreak took our ideas. There's a few good ones, but so many bad...

I sort of agree with this. Unless fans could come up with a majority for a certain aspect they want in the game, Gamefreak would be flooded with mostly bad ideas.

Victory

Banned
I would like too, but only one idea, like for a legendary or something

Vanilluxe

Gear Grind~
Which assumes that they read forums like this, or that they need to in order to generate ideas.

Neither is true.

I really don't see how you would know this, unless you were an employee at Gamefreak or something.

Personally, I think they probably do read some our complaints and crap, but none of it matters. They do what they please.

Last edited:

WeatherEffectRain

Arm Wrestle?
@Victory: Legendary Ideas would suck. I'm gonna go on a rant here, TL;DR, It'll never work.

Gamefreak is very specific in Legendary Pokemon's designs. Yes, it would be awesome if we got our Dragon-Normal, Red-And-White-120/150/90/150/90/120-Know-Every-Move-Have-Ability-That-Makes-GigaImpact-It's-Best-Move, but no, it's never going to happen. They're going to base Legendary Pokemon on actual things; Example? Kygore. It's based off of Leviathan; The... A Religion...'s God of the sea, Rayquaza represents Ziz(Bulbapedia) and Groudon is Behemoth(Again, Bulbapedia). Arceus has basis in Romen and Greek gods, Dialga and Palkia being Izinagi and Izinami. Oh, but then, they're also going to have to incoorporate it into the storyline and everything, so it's gotta have amazing powers, become secluded. Oh, and they have to cover their tracks. They've got to make sure that only very analytical people can see what it's based off of, OR make it so something's so obvious and have seperate meanings. The Legend also has to have something about the Region.

So yeah, no Fan-Legends.

Gloryus

Where's Wally?
Gamefreaks or Nintendo take our ideas? I don't think so simply because they don't have the time or energy to check each and every idea to see if it's feasible or not. Gamefreaks and Nintendo have their own methods on improving/revamping games an it's safe to say it worked well as the Pokemon franchise still stands strong.

Here's how fan ideas work:

If it's in a fangame, it is instantly awesome for being made by fans cause "creators can't get it right."

If it's in an official game, nobody will pay attention to the fact that it is a fan idea and it will "suck, they're running out of ideas."

And nobody will pay attention to the "our many fans" part of the credits.

Sakuma

Okay... pretty simple. I dont want to play as some random kid they created. You should be able to pick your hat and clothing attire. Yes they should take our ideas because they arent kids and they dont know what we would like. nuf said

SmoG878

i'm not dead...srsly
if old games were resold...

Take this pitch:

Nintendo releases all their old games spanning from red to leaf green. All these games were on cartriges. But what if these games were just re-sold...but on ds cards? No graphic rework, no game re-make, no sound "adjustments" just the entire game, code-for-code just onto a ds card.

Now when i thought this up, i initially thought money. Because we all know nintendo can make a profit from anything (except E.T on the nes *cough*). BUT! this might not work as it seems. People seeing these strange games on the shelves only to see a "retro" icon and a lower price than the regular game. Not everyone would like it immediately. Hell i'm even gonna say some kids now-a-days just don't have respect for older generations. But this has some benefits:

#1: no more battery problems. save files are completly safe

#2: no more link cables. the only thing replacing them is the wireless function, therefore no more errors and disconnections.

#3: it gives kids a new outlook to what they could've experienced and it also gives die-hard fans a chance to grab a copy that's not at full price from some collector's store.

now don't be quick to flame me yet. this is just an idea. i don't wanna get a million comments about why it's such a bad thing, and i don't exactly want a mod to go " not gonna happen *closed* "

i think this could be a legit idea, but i just want people to discuss it. this idea also works for another range of titles for the wii, ie: nes, snes, n64 titles on a CD, etc.

Discuss.

Sakuma

pretty good but i was hoping for a remake of the hoenn region. they have kanto, johto, and sinnoh for ds except hoenn. that should be nintendos next goal

Ivanka

Freeeeeeeeee
I think it would be a great idea and they would make a lot of money out of it. I agree when you say that the younger kids probably wouldn't appreciate the retro aspect to it.

MegSuicune251

Pokemon's #1 Fan
I could have sworn I heard a rumor that they were actually gonna release the original games for the 3DS, but Im pretty sure it was a rumor. :(
Anywho, if that actually happened, it would be fantastic.

Heist XL

Playing since 1998
90% of the people on the forums outside of Serebii would rage 'omg nintendo gets lazy they dont do **** about making new games'. They're already doing that about Zelda Ocarina of Time on the 3DS. But I personally would love the idea, especially if they gave you both ruby & sapphire on a cartridge and firered & leafgreen on 1.
But what are they going to do about the 2nd ds screen?

Status
Not open for further replies.