• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

>>>> Closed Thread Container <<<<

Do you play with Nuzlocke rules?

• Yes!

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • No...

Votes: 30 58.8%
  • What the hell is Nuzlocke?

Votes: 7 13.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flame Mistress

The only way to properly get EVs is when you complete the game, which is when you have much more of a variety of wild Pokémon to battle.

And yes, if the Pokémon has gained all the EVs available (510), it will level up normally without gaining EVs.

Also, post this in the Pokémon Questions thread next time.

Flame Mistress

Got another one... Tried Audino grinding for my rather underleveled yet still EV trained Pokémon.

I kept killing the poor things while they kept on using Heal Pulse and that stuff.

That is, until I got a shiny Audino.

darklazerman

Yeah, I believe you.
Recall one of the saddest, most heart-wrenching moments in the anime, movies, and/or games you can think of

One of mine would have to be from the episode "Bye bye Butterfree" and the rest is kinda obvious

~;198;

Ash being 10 years old.

That fact that it is believed that Steven S. died. Out of everyone, they chosed Steven. Just sad. ~

darklazerman

Yeah, I believe you.
^ But then... Doesn't that mean the Steven in HGSS is a ghost??? Or is Emerald just a year or two faster than normal 2nd/4th Gen games?

Lemma think...Bulbapedia says something along the lines of; "Steven died due to the stress/strain of controlling Registeel. After Ruby releases "his" captured celebi, Steven mysteriously comes back to life."
Steven S. Last two/three paragraphs of "In the Pokémon Adventures manga". Eh. Its Pokemon, so we will never know. Anyway its still was sad. Kinda like how Gaara died then came back...

I forgot the episode, but from what I remeber, Charmander would have died if Ash hadn't saved him from the rain.

Last edited:

Morty05

Ghost-type trainer
Lemma think...Bulbapedia says something along the lines of; "Steven died due to the stress/strain of controlling Registeel. After Ruby releases "his" captured celebi, Steven mysteriously comes back to life."
Steven S. Last two/three paragraphs of "In the Pokémon Adventures manga". Eh. Its Pokemon, so we will never know. Anyway its still was sad. Kinda like how Gaara died then came back...

I forgot the episode, but from what I remeber, Charmander would have died if Ash hadn't saved him from the rain.

eh... that was in manga... it has NO BEARING what so ever with the games like R/S/E or HG/SS... It is seperate meidia like how amime is different from the game.

But within the context of manga yeah that was sad but I found Ruby's dad Norman dying to be even more sad.

cuty_pie98

Gallade Lover ♥
To be frank, YES! Living in a world full of pokemon would be awesome! I would love to be able to be with pokemon all the time.
For one (I don't mean to sound greedy but), it would be super easy to earn money. You wouldn't even need a job! All you'd have to do is go around beating trainers!
Secondly, it would be cool having to catch pokemon and beating gym leaders to become the champion. You'd never get bored...unless you're to old to be a pokemon trainer though ;)

PsychicPsycho

While I wouldn't like to live in the Pokemon world, I wouldn't mind having Pokemon in the human world, mind you.
You see, I actually think the exact opposite. It'd be fine for just the common person, but I'm thinking of things criminal could do. Rob a bank with an bunch of salamence, or having gangs using pokes electrocuting or incinerating each other. Also, I don't want to imagine driving around and meeting a Snorlax on the road (or something small like a rattata).

Although I guess they could go good things, too. Like bringing water to people, or using electricity to power up things, or growing plants for food. There could be both good and bad, I guess. I might have to reconsider.

I think living in the pokemon world might be fine though. It seems like the criminals are fairly stupid and unambitous.

MisterM

That's what she said
OMG after seing the first posts in this thread I just re-watched Bye Bye Butterfree... This sure was a sad episode! Butterfree FTW!

Sceprile

Reptiler
Of course, I would like to live in there! What would be better place?

ROFLMAO

Of course :D Living in the Poke-world would be amazing.

jstinftw!

hey trainer
If by the 'World of Pokemon' you mean 'World of Pokemon - as presented by the anime/games,' then yes. A Charizard can blast his super hot flames at me and I'd just be toasty until I brushed it off? A Pikachu can hit me with X amount of volts and I'd get similar results? AND I can survive explosions inside of machines and get blasted a bajillion feet in the air and still survive?

Why the heck not? Obviously, I'd be impervious to death unless it involved suffocating. Who doesn't want that?

But in a more realistic scenario, where Pokemon are just like real-life animals, i think that would be a little bit more scary. Animals of varying temperaments wielding powers that, essentially, could be the cause of my death? No thank you.

If you meant the first option, then yes. I would love to live in the 'World of Pokemon.' Everything seems so happy in that world. That would be perfect; the worst thing that could happen is that a trainer was mean to their Pokemon. And that's easily solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.