• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

>>>> Closed Thread Container <<<<

Do you play with Nuzlocke rules?

• Yes!

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • No...

Votes: 30 58.8%
  • What the hell is Nuzlocke?

Votes: 7 13.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ememew

Emerald Mew
As interesting as the concept sounds, the fact that Pokemon is targeted to kids and that parents would start an uproar if Pokemon was encouraging them to be the bad guys means it'll likely only ever happen through a few ways:

1) You are only ever temporarily a part of the villainous team. Either you would "see the light" and leave the evil team, or you would have only joined to infiltrate their ranks in the first place. They wouldn't be likely to let you join/stay permanently.

2) You have a situation in which the regional team are not the villains, either by having two teams (the one you join being the "good" one, that then foils the "bad" one's plans), or through changing the formula enough that the "teams" aren't part of the villainous plot (a region where the Gym Leaders are the bad guys and the Team are the good ones?!).
The latter is quite unlikely, however, as Pokemon loves its formulas (why? Because they sell!).

Anyway, those are the only main ways I could ever see it happening since they'd likely be cautious about parental reactions.

Simipour

<('.'<) (>'.')>
YES. I would give them a complete makeover(if possible). I would at least imagine being able to choose my own pokemon, so no more dark/poison types. no more matching costumes. actual practicality in how we go about things. pretty much everything i wanna see even as the good guy. Oh, and naturally i would succeed :D

DVB

Philosopher Knight
I don't get why so many people are infatuated with this idea. You have to think of who the game is being marketed for, children. They are the main market for this franchise, not older guys and girls who have been with the series since near the beginning and believe the games are directed mainly to them.

Sorry if I stepped on a few toes there, but this is a rather improbable idea. It would all rely on execution, something that I see that the chances are slim to none that it can be done will.

Why does everyone want to be the bad guy anyway? You would be entitled to lose because in this sort of universe, good triumphs over evil.

Zweihander Nemesis

Not too old for Poke
I wish something existed somewhere in the Pokeverse, maybe it's not kid-friendly unless they make the bad things they do seem comical (and hopefully don't influence the kids to do those things themselves) Was interseted in a character for Team Galactic or Rocket, cool uniforms are cool. The closest thing we get to this is temporarily wearing the Team Rocket uniforms in HG/SS

400th post woot.

DVB said:
I don't get why so many people are infatuated with this idea. You have to think of who the game is being marketed for, children. They are the main market for this franchise, not older guys and girls who have been with the series since near the beginning and believe the games are directed mainly to them.

Sorry if I stepped on a few toes there, but this is a rather improbable idea. It would all rely on execution, something that I see that the chances are slim to none that it can be done will.

Why does everyone want to be the bad guy anyway? You would be entitled to lose because in this sort of universe, good triumphs over evil.

It's improbable and will probably not happen yet, but it's nice to dream y'know; people want to be the bad guy in allot of those RPGs that let you have choices like KOTOR, or Neverwinter Nights sometimes its more interesting and "fun" to be the bad guy as Plankton from Spongebob says "Being is Evil is too much fun!"

Last edited:

jogurts

Pokemon MMO

They need to get on this. There are so many ways they can do it right....

You choose what kind of trainer you are, options being stuff like Breeder, Ace, Healer, or something along those lines. Each type of trainer would have different trainer abilities. Such as being able to heal pokemon in the field, either your friends or yours. Or gaining trust of your pokemon quickly causing them to evolve at a faster pase, or even affecting how your pokemon fight for you, if they are more defensive or aggressive.

Now group encounters would be fighting the different teams who obviously don't play fair and defend yourself and your friends pokemon from being stolen.

When you send your pokemon into battle you take control of the pokemon and have a limited area to run around in, this would be your battle field.

You can equip your trainer with items that boost your pokemon, like a rain coat, to boost water moves, or something close to that. Pokemon level slowly and evolve based on things other than level, such as trust, loyalty, and base abilities.

Legendary pokemon would be raid type battles, that take groups of trainers to fight, and will remain uncatchable, but do drop good trainer items to help your teams.

All this and being able to explore all the regions in a full 3D MMO world would be amazing.

No. 1 Machop Fan

Welcome to Serebii.net Forums!

While I would be more interested in a 2D MMO done in a similar style to the current main series games, most people here are against the idea of a Pokemon MMORPG iirc.

Hamako-chan

Pokemon Collector
A Ghastly living in your house would be extremely freaky, for more then one reason !
For me, I just hate ghosts -.-
And these Ghastly can make illusions = even scarier !

Litwickgang

litwick ninja
I would want a Litwick.....
sitting on my shoulder as i go to the toilet at night XD
AND slowly sucking away my soul~

thats funny:607::607:

~Lati~

Or not :/
My friend Nurse joy does it in the 2nd episode

Exactly, that's where I got the idea. What about a Fire-type though? How would you fireproof your whole house?

Ohshi

Banned from Club Penguin
My friend Nurse joy does it in the 2nd episode

Well those aren't her "friends" obviously. =P
The one she truly takes care of is Chansey/Blissy/5th Gen Teletubby.

The Chilli God

Like a Boss
I guess the easiest pokemon to care for would be a plant-like grass type. Like a sunflora or something. It'd also mean you get to put a sign in the front of your property, "BEWARE OF SUNFLORA, IT WILL SOLAR BEAM YOUR FACE."

One pokemon I would NOT want to take care of around home, though, is diglett. Imagine what would happen if it wanted to come indoors. And it would thoroughly ruin our vegetable garden to the point that we'd need to diglett-proof it.

the Unova starters would be easy pets maybe even the Hoen starters they all are about human sized and not that bulky....any of the Normal pokemon you start the game with would be easy except for rattata, although Patrat would be really annoying because its always watching you, lucario and riolu would be easy, larvitar would be ok, ralts or abra would be ok most of the birds, Minccino would help with housework, arcanine for a guard dog

arbiter7x

Brock Obama
For grooming, check Ruby from RSE chapter of Pokemon Adventures

As for food, those "Biological" looking Pokemon will probably eat what they are supposed to eat, like those brown balls that Brock makes. Stuff like Voltorb and Magnemite would probably need changing batteries or charging. As for Arceus, I believe that Gods either don't NEED to eat or they can just CREATE food, since it's a, well, GOD!

And face it, Pokemon in real life would be more like in the Anime, where you are not SUPPOSED to capture Gods and legys and bring them home. Stuff like Onix would live like Underground and won't take much space, and stuff like Magnezone can be stored in the, erm, garage. You would probably need to be rich and buy some land to keep stuff like Tauros and Nidoking.

Regarding Pokemon intellegnce, Stuff like Alakazam would be smarter than you, but would still obey because they know that it is their place in the society to serve humans, and if the trainer goes out of line, they can maybe force/psychic influence their minds to make them do stuff the right way.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.