• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

>>>> Closed Thread Container <<<<

Do you play with Nuzlocke rules?

• Yes!

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • No...

Votes: 30 58.8%
  • What the hell is Nuzlocke?

Votes: 7 13.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Liz Azzimagica

Angelic Trainer
sorry, I was asking for opinions simply is all...I can have you guys delect it if you like so I can repost and change the title if it bothers you guys so much...I'm no trouble maker I promise...

yanmegy423

Litwick-KAWAIIDESU!
This thread shouldnt be here but 5th gen PMD I can't wait for :p

yanmegy423

Litwick-KAWAIIDESU!
I was inspired to get a Vanilluxe because I was eating ice-cream and i thought -- I'm killing a pokemon ._.

yanmegy423

Litwick-KAWAIIDESU!
No! Pokemon is awesome, and it teaches kids about responsibility.

jstinftw!

hey trainer
I also tend to like Pokemon that a lot of people don't like. For example, my favorite starter is Tepig. Most people don't like him, but I really like the Pokemon.

And then the Vanilluxe and Garbodor evolutionary lines. I noticed how much hate they were getting, and I paid a little extra attention to them. Vanilluxe is currently one of my favorite Ice Types and Garbodor's cool. Hahaha.

So yeah, popularity has a little bit of affect on the Pokemon I choose. If people don't like them, I won't go out of my way to like them, but I will give them a better chance. I already know that Pokemon like Haxorus and Chandelure are well liked. I specifically like them, but my favorites tend to comprise more of the lesser used/liked Pokemon.

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
Yeah what inspired me to get a certain Pokemon was when Ash got it. On a side-not, in a fan-fic I am doing, the main character has a combination of what Ash caught in each region mixed with some of my own favorites, with the female character having Pokemon that the female character from the anime had with mixed of my own favorites as well. I never really liked Roggenrola, Palpitoad, but when Ash caught them, I suddenly liked them & decided to try & get them.

Arahabaki

Come at me bro.
when me and my cousin were younger, we played pokemon together a lot. he usually kept a salamence and sceptile in his party. then we grew up and he got into college and and all that boring stuff. i dont really remember when, but i started to use those two pokes, kinda like a tribute to my cuz.

Vanilluxe

Gear Grind~
I prefer Pokemon that are based on living things because it gives them more personality, but I don't mind ones that aren't.

Just because many of them can't change their facial expressions and what not, does not mean they don't have personality. :3

If you recall in the Deoxys movie, Rebecca's Metagross was quick to protect the group from Deoxys, meaning it had a really defensive personality.

I'd say they have just as much personality as any other Pokémon. :3

Malanu

Est sularus oth mith
Pokemon should be living(undead) creatures. Inanimate objects don't make good living creatures. In the case of Rotom... well it is animating the Appliance so that kinda loopholes my distaste.

Marbi Z

Cin-Der-Race!
Most of my inspiration to get certain Pokemon was from the anime. Even if the Pokemon is terrible, the anime makes it look amazing. No one can deny that they wanted a Pikachu, only to get one and find out that it's not all that good. At all.
Your right! They should give Pikachu better stats and a better movepool! After all he is the company mascot.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
I get inspires my certain moves. Lkie my Sneasel that knows Low Kick and Bite.
I know there is Brick Break and Night Slash, but I like the two first better x3

Earthquakerage

Joltik is just way too evil for this game. Seriously, how can something be that cute.

@Scubasteve
Next it will be Rock pokemon that they blame.

______
Black :545: :596: :510: :526: :503:
White :496: :543: :524: :538: :509:
Platinum ;466; ;078; ;389; ;454; ;475; ;419;
LeafGreen ;003; ;147; ;028; ;093; ;038; ;033;
Emerald ;184; ;262; ;257; ;306; ;282; ;286;
Heartgold ;189; ;157; ;197; ;181; ;468;
FireRed ;023; ;008; ;033; ;021; ;025;

Last edited:

Zappy!

Fly Birdy, Fly!
Well, when I was younger, I was inspired by the anime. If I saw a pokemon that seemed to kick butt, I liked the moves and design, I'd pick it (i.e. Ash's & Misty's pokemon), while near enough, always avoiding Weezing and Arbok, since my childish mind thought of them as, "the big, mean baddies who suck!"

Lulu_used_SunnyDay

Petal Blizzard
I really don't have anything against them...It's good to have them as long as they are well designed. There can be both really bad (the Vanillite line) and really good (the chandelure line) ones.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
I'm not sure what it is that made me want to get a Marill (specifically a female one) every time I get a game. It could be because the Marill in the anime was cute. It could have been because there was an Azumarill Ash's Totodile crushed on that one episode. I honestly don't know.

All I know is I caught one in Silver version, and she turned out to be my best Pokémon I've ever had, they all have been. Since then, I made sure to get a Marill, and always, ALWAYS make sure it was female so I could name it Mousey... for some reason. I was eight-nine, I couldn't think of a good name for her, and that was what I came up with. It stuck since, I can't bring myself to change the name.

ChrisPBaken

$@&&*!BoyCapnCrunch!
But the Magnemite line are still living. :O They are kept alive and afloat by the energy they absorb from around them, and by the magnetic fields that their magnets produce.

Chandelure is a chandelier kept alive by a spirit, Magnemite Line is kept alive by energy. I don't see how that makes them any different, if they are both being kept alive by external sources.

You clearly do not know what constitutes a living organizm. Something is living if it has order, can adapt/respnd to it's environment, can reproduce and displays heredity, requires/uses energy, made of cells, mantains homeostasis, and can evolve. (Pokemon do not evolve into another, that is metamorphasis) for example, a pickachu morphs into richu, but it may have evoled into an emolga (the flying electric rat).

ChrisPBaken

$@&&*!BoyCapnCrunch!
Is a solar powered lawn mower that can reproduce mechanically, and can respond to it's environment via computer programs living? No! It does not have cells, it does not mantain homeostasis, it does not have heredity, dna rna, or any type of heredity transferring mechanism other than a program.
Magnemite is not living, klink is not living, etc..

Charlie, get it? CHARlie. (I know: it's a bad name)
You can also get ignis or flamma. Latin for fire and flame.
Or maybe igne draco. Latin for firedragon.

Status
Not open for further replies.