• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

>>>> Closed Thread Container <<<<

Do you play with Nuzlocke rules?

• Yes!

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • No...

Votes: 30 58.8%
  • What the hell is Nuzlocke?

Votes: 7 13.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Inchtall

Back in Black....2
Also, get this: You can make the game as hard as you want to.

Honeyichigo

The manliest
I;m not sure what point you're trying to make here. If it's about the games trying to one-up each other in terms of mythology, that actually ended with Gen 4. Reshiram and Zekrom helped with the founding of a region, not with the creation of the universe. Mew, Arceus, and the others aren't dependent on them in the least.

The only downside is that Pokemon Adventures would end

This is a downside?

Gelatino95

Not a tool
Everything in the OP is based on opinion. Not all of us share the opinion that the pokemon franchise is declining.

Also, I always thought Buddhism was based on enlightenment through self-discipline and freeing oneself from the material world. Yin and yang is Daoism.

Because after Pokemon ends, where would all of us be?

Some of us might have a life, I guess.

Last edited:

Dragonicwari

Artistically angry
I feel like the legendary pokemon aren't actually what they are said to be, but instead beings with immense power that are incredibly rare. I feel as though they are just meant to portray various religions, and how each religion made the world. I'm not trying to say that they are representing real religions or not, but just the religion of that area.

GrassTypes.

I just now I'm going to get absolutley Trolled but....

I like his Ideas! I don't have the time to schedule trades or try to SR my way to a Shiny. Color Custimazation is a great idea.IMO. Then your team is actually yours! sure they can copy your teams everything but its a TON harder to do. Customizing your character is way overdue. Game Mechanics could use an update due to the large fanbase.

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
I just now I'm going to get absolutley Trolled but....

I like his Ideas! I don't have the time to schedule trades or try to SR my way to a Shiny. Color Custimazation is a great idea.IMO. Then your team is actually yours! sure they can copy your teams everything but its a TON harder to do. Customizing your character is way overdue. Game Mechanics could use an update due to the large fanbase.

But his idea would break the pokémon game lose the target audience, which is little kid age 6-12. Also just plain stupid.

Isn't this a speculation thread?

No

Lanik

Pokémon Black and White Aesthetic are great and lack-luster on the same time. Let’s start with the biggest offender, attacks, more specifically, the animation for the attacks. There is none, an Earthquake from a Magikarp is the same as any other Pokémon in the game.
Is this some kind of "Magikarp" joke? Well, it's not a good one, because Splash mops the floor with earthquake. /sarcasm

Battle Mechanics
The current battle mechanics in Pokémon SUCKS, it’s dated and outclassed. Where does it suck and how can it be improved?

I’ll start with the base mechanics to completely get rid of.

1. Accuracy, get rid of it completely!
2. Chances of X happening, GET RID OF IT COMPLETELY!
3. Battle Items, get RID of IT completely!
First: Even though accuracy can be aggravating, it would make Pokémon overpowered with their Blizzard, Focus Blast, Thunder, Hurricane, Dynamic Punch etc. There are certain moves that can guarantee 70% moves to hit targets without fail, such as Rain Dance.
Second: You want to eliminate ailment/critical ratios because you got unlucky in a triple battle. It's like you're asking Game Freak to take away luck from battles.
Third: If you want battle items gone, then you must want the Wonder Launcher gone, too. I think people would be unhappy with that loss.

Launcher eliminated, too. I think people would be sad to see it go.
Dodging and blocking in battles is self-explanatory, depending on the attack, depends on how effective the dodge and block attack is. Volt Tackle is an attack move where as High Jump Kick is a dodge counter move, Volt Tackle misses and High Jump Kick hits. Even though moves are classified as counter and block moves, if they don’t meet the conditions, say, High Jump Kick vs. Hydro Pump, it will still play out regularly. This means blocks and counter moves won’t fail, they just won’t have extra effects.
Why would Hi Jump Kick be a counter move when it has a 50% health recoil? Even the anime shows Pokémon hurting themselves with Hi Jump Kicks. Priority moves, such as Quick Attack, would be good enough to be dodge counter moves.

Counters have an effectiveness level, I'd like to put the effectiveness level into tiers.
Depending on the attack and the counter tier depends on the outcome. For example, say Flamethrower is a tier 2 ranged attack, for a Pokemon to successfully block it; they must have a counter move tier of 2 or above. Bubble is a tier 2 block counter, meaning that Flamethrower attack damage will be greatly reduced and the popped bubbles will create steam, cleansing the Pokemon of status reductions.
Speaking of steam, did you know that ice and fire create steam when they collide?

The effectiveness of certain moves can also be affected by distance. Like Hydropump losses some power if the Pokemon is too far, same goes if it’s to close. Whereas Flame Charge gains power the farther away the Pokemon is. Thunder at close range will result in a paralyze. Dragon Pulse from far away will result in a critical. Picking the Pokemons position should be simplified; by pressing a certain button, players can use the Touch screen to manually select where the Pokemon should go before it attacks. Pokemons Leg power (explained below) should affect how far a Pokemon can move as well. Pokemon cannot phase through one another, so a large Pokemon size can shorten the distance the other Pokemon can travel. For example, the players Emboar will have hard time getting distance to increase damage for Flame Charge against a Steelix.
All Pokémon battles have the same distances between opponents. It seems as though you want in-game battles to mirror the anime. What you've said made sense, but it's a simple kids game, and most E rated games don't follow realism.

Pokemon Stats Revamp
I would remove special attacks and physical attacks completely along with their defensive counter parts.

Each Pokemon will have a body chart showing their stats connected to the body part.

The moves power will be based off the body part used (ex. High Jump Kick on Hitmonlee will do more damage compared to Mienshao's; but Mienshao Drain Punch will do more damage compared to Hitmonlees but Drain Punch on Hitmonchan will do more damage than all 3 of them)

Depending on the Pokemon, depends on the number of moves it can learn. Types of moves can be limited as well. (ex. Typhlosion can learn 2-3 attacks, 1-2 status and 2-3 counter moves, Kingler can learn 2-3 attacks, 1 status and 1-2 counter moves, Bronzong can learn 1-2 attacks, 2-4 statuses and 4-5 counter moves)

Skills will still have their base power, however, the game will show how much a Pokemon can benefit from it. For example this Feraligator can know 2-3 attacks, 1-2 status and 2-3 counters, maxing at 6 total moves; Feraligator’s ability is Strong Jaws, it adds 2 tiers to bite moves and ranged special moves’ damage is not decreased by distance:
Feraligator Attack Power chart:
Head = 90 power
Arm = 65 power
Legs = 60 power
Body = 80 power
Tail = 90 power
Special = 70 power
This idea seems original and sophisticated. The only thing that's wrong with it is, increasing the number of moves for a Pokémon up to 6. It would probably take away a lot challenge, and make Pokémon battles last too quickly.

Small change to Abilities

Lastly, abilities. On some Pokemon, for example, Chandelure can’t levitate, which is very odd because it’s faster than Pokemon with legs. Flygon has wings but it’s levitates? This is a simple fix; give certain Pokemon a natural ability (Levitate) along with its other ability. Natural Abilities should be obviously visible in battle, Flygon is up in the air, Earthquake cannot hit, simple as that.
That makes sense to me. Chandelure never touches the ground, and yet it can take hits from ground-types. Gengar has legs on the ground, and it's got earthquake immunity. Natural abilities are fine by me, I don't see why not.

Removal of Held-items
Why get rid of battle items? If you add the depth into the battle mechanics, there is no need for them. Not that they’re too bad. They do allow for very unfair strategies (F.E.A.R.) and they’re atmosphere breaking, Heatran weighs 948.0lbs, yet he can be lifted INTO THE AIR BY A SINGLE FREAKING BALLON?! If GameFreak was going to take Pokemon into next generation and deepen the battle system, there will be no need for held items.
Again, most E rated games don't follow realism. That being said, the games do not equal to the anime, nor do they have to.

Tell me what you think below! Oh, almost forgot, LET US USE THE POKEDEX IN BATTLE. To see types and Pokemon's strengths, this is mainly for beginners. Honestly I don't know why GameFreak won't add it.
Well, that's another idea to make the games mirror the anime.

Bulbapedia is the worldwide PokéDex for anyone who wants to know weaknesses and whatnot.

Your post is a yes and a no. I'd like to see natural abilities and body charts, but Shiny Pokémon stay. Shinies have more than one purpose; they can either act as trophies, or EV trained opponents in competitions.

Marbi Z

Cin-Der-Race!
Sadly there isn't much I can say that you haven't already said... But here goes nothing! I'd be all for the Pokemon having more personality than just being fighting machines... HeartGold and SoulSilver were a great start!

Wyrm

~Setting Sail~
Technically, we already had reality vs. fantasy in BW. Truth and ideals are of the same concept.

Seeing how far Pokémon has gotten, I'm sure they could come up with something. Who said we had to keep on escalating with the Legendaries? The Legendaries could just delve more towards more minor things instead of governing major mechanics of the universe.

Zekromaster826

Casual Shiny Hunter
Things you think that Pokemon needs

For example, I watched to anime like once or twice, and I noticed that the trainers can use more strategy and can tell a pokemon to dodge a move. I think that it would be interesting for that be added (maybe). Also, maybe a mobile PC would be nice, because how many times have you needed a pokemon with fly and you are in the middle of the longest route in the game with the most wild pokemon and you are out of repels (Also added on to this, the ability to heal pokemon when they are deposited would be taken out). Discuss your opinions on what should be added, or discuss your opinions on the things I brought up.

Last edited:

Lanik

Sadly there isn't much I can say that you haven't already said... But here goes nothing! I'd be all for the Pokemon having more personality than just being fighting machines... HeartGold and SoulSilver were a great start!

Well, Pokémon do have their softer sides. If you sign up your Pokémon to dance in a theater, they'll act as if they have sparkling personalities. And there's putting your Pokémon to sleep, using them to harvest berries and befriend DW Pokémon.

Invisiblade97

Not exactly necessary, but a 'Dodge' option on the move select screen would be nice. Also, a 'Defend' option would be cool (although stallers would abuse that to no end).

Honeyichigo

The manliest
I'm not sure how a "dodge" mechanism would work in a turn based game, exactly, since you can't react to an opponent's attack directly and instead have to wait until next turn. I guess you could make it work like an attack, but we already have Protect/Detect, so it wouldn't really add anything that way.
There's this fangame thing called Pokethulhu (as in Pokemon and Cthulhu, yes) that apparently has a dodge mechanism, but I have no idea how it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.