• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

>>>> Closed Thread Container <<<<

Do you play with Nuzlocke rules?

• Yes!

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • No...

Votes: 30 58.8%
  • What the hell is Nuzlocke?

Votes: 7 13.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ace Of Keys

Me and My sketch pad
I want to see natures of Pokémon displayed in the GTS so that nobody will get ripped off again.

Amen and while we're at it maybe an approve disaprove thing when it comes to trades to crack down on people wanting random and near impossible trades

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
For example, I watched to anime like once or twice, and I noticed that the trainers can use more strategy and can tell a pokemon to dodge a move. I think that should be added. Discuss your opinions on what should be added.

Oh good lord not another stupid idea.

Game Freak will NOT add feature from the Animé at all ever.

Marbi Z

Cin-Der-Race!
A more dramatic storyline like the Mystery Dungeon series would be nice.

I could see a side game that had live action battles. It would be quite interesting, and could easily incorporate all the stuff the main series has to offer in terms of battling; however, it wouldn't be nearly as complex otherwise.

Earthia100

Well, some are classics, like Porygon. Of course, I like all of the Pokemon, but among the inanimate objects, wild ROGGENROLAs make me want to scream. Its like the return of "A WILD GEODUDE APPEARED" but with sturdy.

But hey, there still okay.

The Red Thunder

Backwards thinking?
I think Pokemon is rather good the way it is.

If anything though, I'd say make the Vs. Seeker into a standard thing for all games. Also, make Gym Leader Rebattles into a standard thing only when certain conditions within the game are met (beat Elite Four, et cetera), similar to how Heart Gold and Soul Silver did it.

Also, a way to check your EV's in-game would be nice. Even if it's only, "Oh, this stat has been raised by X points through your Pokemon's hard work."

W.T.

Donw with CIPHET!

MetalFlygon08

Haters Gonna Hate
Seeing natures in battles and GTS.
And no impossible trades
"Zekrom, lvl 10 or below"
-_____-

The reason they allow this has actually already happened.

Think back to the days of early DP, the GTS was littered with level 9 and under Dialga and Palkia. Now the simple, not-thougt out answer would be 'Ban any that are under "Level 50 and Under"!'. but see, Game Freak kept the option open, because, low and behold, HGSS had an event that would net you a Lv 1 Dialga, Palkia, or Giratina.

Outright Banning these so-called impossible trades, would make it so people who want to offer up their event can not do so.

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
Not even close, ti physically cannot be that cut and dry. video games are there to provide enjoyment to the player, if that means playign through the story, like most of us, or being a genetics scientist like you are. If that's what ou get out of it, then great. More power to ya. (literally). But some of us aren't interested in being mad scientists and trying to build our own Franensteins and you can't tell me I've wasted 30 bucks because I wasn't interestid in beating the absolute best time, or making sure I killed everything if I enjoyed playing them. We recognize EVs and IVs as being there to make the game more difficult, and if you wish to, another facet of the game like Contests were and the Pokedex race is.
Actually I'm not a genetics scientist (yet), I'm just playing my game and perfecting it, and beating people like you at it.
And pretty much if you aren't attempting to perfect your game you are never going to beat people above your level at it. The absolute lowest level on the chain you can go to is Non-Competitive battling.

Well well... Looks like we have a STATUS TRAINER to debate! Let me make this short and sweet for you Zento! You prove NOTHING by (supposedly) perfecting your teams! The reality is no one cares but yourself!
I actually have perfected pokemon as it is. After achieving flawless IVs and being able to predict why my game puts out flawless shinies for me to use, I have perfected the game.
Actually, everyone cares, because this is how you beat every video game. By perfecting it.

Rey Alejandro

GOKAI CHANGE!
Once you competitive battle, it's pretty much impossible to go back. In game, I won't train my pokemon beyond moves and levels because I'm too lazy and the AI's too dumb to warrant it. That also means that I'll use whatever pokemon I want because I find it fun to do so. However, outside of the game, competitive battling is so much fun, and it's a lot more rewarding to use a pokemon that you've spent so much time on making it the best it can be. Even on PO, you spend so much time trying to make that one great team, and then you win with it? Amazing feeling.

randomspot555

For example, I watched to anime like once or twice, and I noticed that the trainers can use more strategy and can tell a pokemon to dodge a move. I think that it would be interesting for that be added. Discuss your opinions on what should be added.

The anime basically is a more "realistic" take on the batling aspect of Pokemon. "Pikachu, Dodge It" can't really be coded into a move.

(Though for what it's worth, the move Detect basically is the Pokemon dodging it, while Protect is forming a psychic barrier)

Zekromaster826

Casual Shiny Hunter
Seeing natures in battles and GTS.
And no impossible trades
"Zekrom, lvl 10 or below"
-_____-
Yeah, the GTS is not a place to brag about your Level 100 Shiny Gyrados that no one cares about. Also, maybe a mobile PC would be interesting too, anyone agree?

The reason they allow this has actually already happened.

Think back to the days of early DP, the GTS was littered with level 9 and under Dialga and Palkia. Now the simple, not-thougt out answer would be 'Ban any that are under "Level 50 and Under"!'. but see, Game Freak kept the option open, because, low and behold, HGSS had an event that would net you a Lv 1 Dialga, Palkia, or Giratina.

Outright Banning these so-called impossible trades, would make it so people who want to offer up their event can not do so.
Also I think he means that the GTS would be updated with whats possible and whats not. Like if they do a Sinjoh Ruins type thing with Zekrom and Reshiram, then they would make it so that would be able to trade.

The anime basically is a more "realistic" take on the batling aspect of Pokemon. "Pikachu, Dodge It" can't really be coded into a move.

(Though for what it's worth, the move Detect basically is the Pokemon dodging it, while Protect is forming a psychic barrier)
Good point, that was just an example, like back in the DPPt days, (saying this as replaying Platinum) I thought it would be awesome if for example, a pokemon that could fly, if it could go in the air then charge at it for double the power or something, or like a projectile move could be fired in the air so if a person uses fly/bounce, they can just hit it from above (and I know Stone Edge and Thunder does that but I mean all projectile moves)

Last edited:
Yeah, the GTS is not a place to brag about your Level 100 Shiny Gyrados that no one cares about. Also, maybe a mobile PC would be interesting too, anyone agree?

It's called a Full Restore.

A complete PC, including a Nurse, a Box, the GTS, and the battle rooms, would be too cheap to be mobile. There's a reason they're not.

Rey Alejandro

GOKAI CHANGE!
I think that they should a release a side-game that's basically a handheld PO. I'd like to see it. Like, if they had to, they could add a pokemon stadium-esque spin on it what with cups and stadium battles and such in order to gain special pokemon, but with an EV/IV editor and a move set maker so you can just jump into a competitive wi-fi battle without the hassle of ev training and shiny hunting and whatnot.

A complete PC, including a Nurse, a Box, the GTS, and the battle rooms, would be too cheap to be mobile. There's a reason they're not.

He means a PC. You know, the thing where you deposit and withdraw pokemon?

Reborn_Silver

the Radiant Dawn
It's called a Full Restore.

it may be just me, but i think he ment pc boxes being mobile.... which would be great

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon

Still a stupid idea is isn't like that it will take you 3 day just to get to the next town.

Asbestospoison

Excellent Driver

But when you deposit/withdraw pokemon, they get fully healed. Add that with the fact that you could completely swap out your team during the elite four, and no one would ever need to buy health restoring items to use outside of battle, pokemon centers themselves could become obsolete, it's just a bad idea all around. Not that being able to carry extra pokemon in a mobile box is a bad idea, but it shouldn't be able to heal.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.