• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

>>>> Closed Thread Container <<<<

Do you play with Nuzlocke rules?

• Yes!

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • No...

Votes: 30 58.8%
  • What the hell is Nuzlocke?

Votes: 7 13.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Invisiblade97

I think there's already a thread for this in the Polls section, but just to stay on topic:
Bug: ;212;
Dark: :571:
Dragon: ;330;
Electric: ;405;
Fighting: ;475;
Fire: ;157;
Flying: ;398;
Ghost: :609:
Grass: ;251;
Ground: ;472;
Ice: ;461;
Normal: ;162;
Poison: ;094;
Psychic: ;482;
Rock: ;141;
Steel: ;483;
Water: ;134;

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
Gen 2 was boring. Painfully boring. All but two of the starters looked like crap. Heck, there was like 3 or 4 pokemon outside of Totodile that I remotely enjoyed. Gen 4 was more of a mish-mash between metagame balance and bidoof; the only design I liked that wasn't an evolution of a previous pokemon was the Infernape evolutionary line. And Riolu.

That is your opinion then however you can't say that the pokémon style dropped in 2nd and 4th gen as I have said before none of the gen style are perfect.

Slayer Shank

The Ozone Deity
Normal-;486;
Fighting-;392;
Fire-;229;
Grass-;254;
Water-;382;
Rock-;377;
Ground-;105;
Steel-;379;
Ice-;378;
Dragon-;384;
Electric-;181;
Dark-;491;
Ghost-;487;
Poison-;169;
Bug-;469;
Psychic-;386;
Flying-;398;

OVERALL-;384;!!!!

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I think these threads are declining in style... or did they have any style to begin with?

Anyway, don't we have a thread like this going by a name like "Pokemon 'Purist' Running Out of Ideas thread?

Rey Alejandro

GOKAI CHANGE!
While I generally don't agree with these things, I will say that the Gen. V pokemon have a different-ness about them that seems a bit off compared to the old pokemon. I'm not saying that they're better or worse, but that they're just different. When I see Unovan pokemon facing off against or alongside older pokemon, it feels weird to me. I still like them all the same, but I feel like this gen has a feeling of detachment from the earlier gens. Which is kinda what GF was going for. So I guess they succeeded.

Weird, my thoughts about Gen 5 was that they were a huge jump forward compared to the relative low of Gen 4.

Icy_Snorunt

Pokemon Coordinator
Usually once I get used to the Pokemon from the new gen (from either the games themselves or the anime), I do tend to like them more. I guess its just people's own personal opinions though. Is it true that this gen's Pokemon were designed by different people this time or something around that? I am not sure, think I read it somewhere...

Profesco

gone gently
R/B/Y: You must tame a genetic experiment, and defeat a giant, evil mafia,
G/S/C: You must awaken the sacred beasts and beat the champion of all trainers.
R/S/E: You must save the region of Hoenn from a leviathan, a behemoth, and a 22 foot flying dragon, and defeat eco-terrerists.
D/P/P: You must catch the rulers of time and space, save the world from a giant ghost dragon in a world made of antimatter, and defeat a evil team before they create a new universe.
B/W: You must travel in the land of dreams, and catch the two dragons and have a epic final battle with N. The stories are pretty cool, right? Which one is your favorite?

Use the Favorites Stickies in Poke Polls.

Profesco

gone gently
do you think pokemons shape inspired by animals?
for me its a yes

You'd be right, then. Plenty of Pokemon are inspired by real-life animals.

Profesco

gone gently
I have these compositions that declare the rise of a certain pokemon and decline of a certain pokemon relative to time of the year. You can see one in my siggie.

January-February
"This is January
Rise of Glaceon
Decline of Heatran."
For February, just change January to February.

March-April
"This is March
Rise of Leafeon
Decline of Glaceon."
For April, just change March to April.

May-June
"This is May
Rise of Cyndaquil
Decline of Glaceon."
For June, just change May to June.

July-August
"This is July,
Rise of Quilava
Decline of Cynadquil"
For August, just change July to August.

September
Work in progress. Post ideas, please.

October
"This is October,
Rise of Gengar,
decline of (September's rise.)"

November
"This is November,
Rise of Spearow,
decline of Gengar."

December
(see sig)

Christmas/Hanukah
Work in progress.

That's nice, I suppose. I think it should go in the "Create/Rename" sticky in Poke Polls, if it goes anywhere.

Profesco

gone gently
For me, it's:
Bug: ;637;
Dark: ;359;
Dragon: ;149;
Electric: ;181;
Fighting: ;448;
Fire: ;157;
Flying: ;398;
Ghost: ;094;
Grass: ;286;
Ground: ;034;
Ice: ;473;
Normal: ;143;
Poison: ;169;
Psychic: ;196;
Rock: ;248;
Steel: ;376;
Water: ;160;

There's a thread FOR EXACTLY THIS in Poke Polls.

TheGengarGuy

Yah probably. Wouldn't be a pokemon trainer though. Would keep pokemon as pet. That way whenever i walk down the street, pokemon trainers would not challange me to a pokemon battle every five seconds.

TheGengarGuy

When i spent hours of leveling up my dratini into a dragonite, fell asleep without saving and let my gameboy run out of charge. Also after i leveled him up again i lost him in my multiple pokemon cartriges (i traded him throughout the cartridges)

Charizardfan900

Charizard King!
I'm not a pokemon purist, but my favourite gen was Gen 1

My three favourite pokemon are gen 1: Charizard, Poliwrath and Nidoking.

But I play any gen.

I must say, I've only doubted the Gen 5 pokemon for their originality. At some points I thought they were blatant copies of earlier pokemon.

But my second favourite gen was Gen 4 some I don't hate all new pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.