• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

>>>> Closed Thread Container <<<<

Do you play with Nuzlocke rules?

• Yes!

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • No...

Votes: 30 58.8%
  • What the hell is Nuzlocke?

Votes: 7 13.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Will-powered Spriter

Pokédex Complete!
If you are going to be hatching your pokemon at an area seperate to the day care, keep in mind that only Volcarona has an ability that makes eggs hatch faster AND can learn fly.

Marbi Z

Cin-Der-Race!
I love the dream world to but there's so much RED TAPE. Besides the obvious once every 24 hours restriction I HATE the fact that while you can befriend multiple Pokemon you can only take ONE back with you.

Treecko's Awesomeness

Treecko is claimed!
I like it, but it does stink that you can't choose which area you go to. I've been trying to get a dream world Ralts (not for the ability; I can't seem to catch one in White), and have visited the Spooky Manor a total of twice. Niether of the times have I found a Ralts.

Ziga

I like it, but it does stink that you can't choose which area you go to. I've been trying to get a dream world Ralts (not for the ability; I can't seem to catch one in White), and have visited the Spooky Manor a total of twice. Niether of the times have I found a Ralts.

You can meet Ralts after having 10000 DW Points.

Gelatino95

Not a tool
If I were you, I wouldn't worry about the amount of time it takes to hatch. The only reason you want a shiny in the first place is because of its alternate appearance, so the idea is to choose the shiny you find most appealing. Honestly, the number of steps doesn't make much of a difference.

RedTroopa

Flame Trainer
If I were you, I wouldn't worry about the amount of time it takes to hatch. The only reason you want a shiny in the first place is because of its alternate appearance, so the idea is to choose the shiny you find most appealing. Honestly, the number of steps doesn't make much of a difference.

I do agree with the way you would chose which pokemon to hatch, but the amount of steps can be a big difference. It would take MUCH longer to hatch a deino than a magikarp. Still, if I wanted a shiny deino, I'd take the time to hatch all of the eggs for it instead of just having a shiny for the sake of having on.

Gelatino95

Not a tool
I do agree with the way you would chose which pokemon to hatch, but the amount of steps can be a big difference. It would take MUCH longer to hatch a deino than a magikarp. Still, if I wanted a shiny deino, I'd take the time to hatch all of the eggs for it instead of just having a shiny for the sake of having on.

Exactly. It really depends on how much you want the shiny.

mjjfan10

Pokemon Trader
God, I wish people wouldn't RNG! It takes all of the fun out of the game (plus it's cheating!) Right now, I'm doing a shiny Tepig hunt, they take longer to hatch, but they're easier to trade away because they're pretty sought after....

God, I wish people wouldn't RNG! It takes all of the fun out of the game (plus it's cheating!)

I'm sorry for not wanting to spend several hundred hours trying to hatch a mediocre shiny pokemon. Also, Nintendo recognizes rng abuse as being completely legitimate. Not to mention it requires no external devices, and therefore isn't cheating.

Gelatino95

Not a tool
You could always try Magikarp. I just checked Bulbapedia, and it said that Magikarp has a relatively low egg-hatching time. Golden Magikarp is very visually appealing, and so is red Gyarados.

Will-powered Spriter

Pokédex Complete!
Also, Nintendo recognizes rng abuse as being completely legitimate. Not to mention it requires no external devices, and therefore isn't cheating.

Do they? Proof please. RNG'd beasts are allowed in tournaments beause you can't technically prove it was RNG'd, as it is possible to get flawless shinies. I highly doubt they're happy about it and I very much doubt they'd say it's completely legitimate.

And the rage glitch requires no external devices but it's products aren't considered legit.

Considering that pretty much everyone who attends VGC's, and gets anywhere either RNG abuses, or has pokemon that someone else RNG abused, that's a pretty damn good sign that Nintendo recognizes the legitimacy of the pokemon. However they feel about it doesn't matter, since you technically can get the pokemon without RNG abuse.

For them to be illegitimate, you'd have to alter your game in some way with an external device. Since RNG abuse doesn't do that, it's completely legitimate. As for the Rage glitch, or the mimic glitch, the reason they're not considered legit is because you can end up with moves the pokemon is incapable of learning by itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.