• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

>>>> Closed Thread Container <<<<

Do you play with Nuzlocke rules?

• Yes!

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • No...

Votes: 30 58.8%
  • What the hell is Nuzlocke?

Votes: 7 13.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PsiOmega

An old soul
I found a Shiny Metang, and I ran out of Pokeballs... Yeah, now I carry 100 if everything except Master Balls at all times.

PsiOmega

An old soul
Also, on HeartGold, my Togepi is suicidal. It's only attacking move was Metrinome, and it kept using Selfdestruct, Explosion, Healing Wish, Lunar Dance, and Memento, battle after battle. the friendship value still isn't high enough for it to evolve, so yeah.

Zachmac

My age is 14, and no, I don't scream "hax!" or "n00b" whenever I lose. Nor am I actually bad. Well, I do terrible on days like these, but usually I wind up ranking 12,00 points on smogon's PO ladder.

I'll have to admit that I'm a bit biased, but I think it's pretty clear that not all 13 year olds are noobs.

Autis-misc

Abridger
Same reason Pokemon and Mario fans go after Call of Duty fans.

I think you got that the wrong way.

Ever met a guy on Xbox Live that has Pokemon in its name, while Playing Call of Duty? No?

That's because I'm probably the only person who does that.

either way, it's the call of Duty fans that go after Pokemon. trust me, I know that from experiance. I don't know about Mario though.

Pkfire0

I'm a ninja
Also, on HeartGold, my Togepi is suicidal. It's only attacking move was Metrinome, and it kept using Selfdestruct, Explosion, Healing Wish, Lunar Dance, and Memento, battle after battle. the friendship value still isn't high enough for it to evolve, so yeah.

LOL mine always uses ledgendaary moves like roar of time

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
I had a Clefairy use Spacial Rend on me XD

ShadowAura

A speck of light
~Tangelas. I effing hate them. In my Platinum, I encountered a Shiny Tangela. The catch? It was in the safari zone, and it ran away after throwing over 20 of my safari balls! D:

~In Pokemon White, when against the Psychic type elite four, I could NEVER beat her! Never. When I finally DID, I had to go against N, and I lost. I mean seriously, N should not have a Zoroark!

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
I miss and miss and miss on Groudon in Emerald, yet he always has 100% accuracy with Fissure RRRRRRGH! lol

Xionea

Half a centaur
Fighting Steven in Ruby for like the bajillionth time hoping to finally beat him and win my first pokemon game, just my Groudon and his claydol. I had no moves except brick break (don't question why; even i don't know why i had that) so i used it. Claydol lives by like 1 tiny HP and defeats me. I almost broke my screen that day.

Asbestospoison

Excellent Driver
My age is 14, and no, I don't scream "hax!" or "n00b" whenever I lose. Nor am I actually bad. Well, I do terrible on days like these, but usually I wind up ranking 12,00 points on smogon's PO ladder.

I'll have to admit that I'm a bit biased, but I think it's pretty clear that not all 13 year olds are noobs.
Basically what he said, except he's probably better than me.
The problem is, no matter how many GOOD younger players they're are, we're always going to remember the ones that call you a n00b and the n-word just because you beat them. Why? Because they called you the n-word!
My point is, there are good 13 year-olds (and younger, as Karp pointed out), and there are the kind that tend to get banned who give the good ones a bad name. Age has no direct correlation to skill level. If it does, then maybe the old man who lives across the street from me was right about the lizard people who control my brain.

aurasageluke

AuraSage
I think you got that the wrong way.

Ever met a guy on Xbox Live that has Pokemon in its name, while Playing Call of Duty? No?

That's because I'm probably the only person who does that.

either way, it's the call of Duty fans that go after Pokemon. trust me, I know that from experiance. I don't know about Mario though.

My name is HellFireVio94, and HellFire is always the name of my Typhlosion, and the character that's in my comic series, AKA Typhlosion.

You aren't the 1% Lol

Also, it's Halo VS CoD.

Asbestospoison

Excellent Driver
My name is HellFireVio94, and HellFire is always the name of my Typhlosion, and the character that's in my comic series, AKA Typhlosion.

You aren't the 1% Lol

Also, it's Halo VS CoD.
What, no battlefield 3? Or TF2?
I've ne'er done anything like that, although I named my Hydreigon Dovahkiin.

Autis-misc

Abridger

You aren't the 1% Lol

Also, it's Halo VS CoD.

I ment LITERALLY the name Pokemon.

My Live account is "PokemonGX", and I highly doubt anyone else has the courage to have Pokemon in there name.

Also, No, I was pointing out CoD fans hate, and Flame on intentionally, Pokemon fans.

zerofield

i miss miror
Did you ever play when Swift Swim + Drizzle was allowed, where people could slap a bunch of abusers on a team to sweep with their doubled speed and double STAB in Rain? Did you ever have to face Excadrill when it could reach the equivalent of 2 Dragon Dances in a single turn and barrel through teams with its near-perfect coverage and already impressive power? Did you ever try to tackle Blaziken when it became nearly impossible to outspeed after a couple of turns and could eliminate almost every OU-viable Pokemon after a Swords Dance AND could destroy the SD set's counters with a simple mixed set?

Each of those bans went through an extensive testing process where the entire community tested the Pokemon/ability/move/etc. and decided whether or not the ban would be made. You can't just push that off as "they were scared."

Not to put you on the spot, MugoUrth, but I feel that this statement sums up a lot of the resentment towards Smogon in a nutshell. Many are just mad because "smogun dozent like muh supah garchomppz and charizardz." In other words, many players don't like Smogon just because their precious favorites are banned or in a lower tier.

I think a lot of this stems from a misconception that Smogon is some entity that makes these decisions in competitive battling, when in reality, Smogon is simply a community much like this one that makes these tiering decisions based directly on the activity within the community. Heck, there are even a ton of people on this very site that are either a part of the Smogon community or at least participate in usage stats by playing on their Pokemon Online server. If you're favorite Pokemon is in a lower tier, then that just means that the entire community plus some others aren't using it enough.

Another complaint I've heard often is that Smogon "makes" people use certain sets (it's even funnier when people suggest that those sets suck). This argument is really sad and ill-researched. In reality, Smogon doesn't make anyone use anything. Their sets are just the ones that work, the ones that players commonly use. In this regard, Smogon is just a reference where you can see good sets for some inspiration for your own team, or just to know what is common and what you should prepare for.

There are some other common complaints that I could address, but they seem to have slipped my mind (and I'm not looking through 15 pages to find something else to argue about, lol).

Somebody get this guy a medal/some cookies. Or both.

even tho the last guy pretty much said everything.........
I dont like smogon mainly because i feel they dont give us the best info. What i mean is that they will not give out good sugggestions because they are scared of people being more powerful then them if that makes sence.....
And also they keep banning good pokemon because they are scared. I can understand garchomp a little. (even tho i still think it shouldnt be banned) but swift swim users, excadrill, and blaziken? come on now......

It's people like you who spread terrible misconceptions about smogon, treating it like some kind of monolithic internet tyrant that forces everyone to conform to its teirs and banning all that stands in its way. Smogon is a community, much like serebii, except wholely focused on competetive battling and with an average skill level of ours x9001. I very much doubt that you played during the excadrill era or the drizzle-swift swim era. You've probably never had a blaziken sweep your team after one swords dance. You just come along after said bans and say, ooh, they were scared of these things. Everyone in their right minds were scared of these things, hence the ban. And you think garchomp shouldnt be banned? By the way, your whole thing about smogon giving out bad info because they don't want anyone to be more powerful than them? Go look at the smogon rmt section. Go look at people sharing their #1 peak teams. A trained monkey can handle a standard set and win a battle, and you think smogon is giving out bad info?

Trained Monkey>You

Kai*

Sakura Whirlwind
ponyta/rapidash - the pokemon-athon race episode. my favorite pokemon!
leafeon - just love the design
articuno - awesome looking flying/ice type
pikachu - just so darn cute! plus cause of ash's pikachu
buizel - favorite water type, loved ash's/dawn's buizel
riolu/lucario - do i need an explanation?
pigdeot - another awesome flying type, and the episode that ash's pidgeotto evolved.
flygon - just an awesome looking ground/dragon type!

Last edited:

Archangel Azazel

Fallen Angel
Deino because he looks more like being a pet and his cry in the pokemon game is simply adorable.. like a little dog!
Lugias inspiration was the movie..and well I really like his design and typying :D

Squirtlediddlyirtle

It's full of women!
I orginally liked Suicune because of its cry. Now, there's nothing i don't like... except maybe perhaps the movepool!

Status
Not open for further replies.