• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

>>>> Closed Thread Container <<<<

Do you play with Nuzlocke rules?

• Yes!

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • No...

Votes: 30 58.8%
  • What the hell is Nuzlocke?

Votes: 7 13.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gelatino95

Not a tool
Some pokemon wouldn't be good candidates to receive prevolutions simply due to design reasons. As it happens, most pokemon lines increase in the complexity of their design as pokemon evolve. If a pokemon is already rather simple in design, it would be difficult to produce a baby form. Some examples of this are Shuckle and Qwilfish.

Jonah the Slaking

Couch-bound Warrior
Kangaskahn comes immediately to mind...although I bet tons of people have said that already. Another good baby would be a baby of Koffing.

Profesco

gone gently
Kangaskhan is one of them. She's got a baby in her pouch, but it's illogical for a Pokémon to have a baby upon birth. Kangaskhan can be bred, but she must have an offspring that's smaller than her, instead of the exact same size. Her baby offspring, whatever its name is, can evolve when it reaches a certain level, while holding a razor claw during the day. But, you don't have to indulge only my idea. You can post your own ideas for brand new baby Pokémon here.

Please use the "Create/Rename" sticky in Poke Polls.

Profesco

gone gently
As the title goes, what moves deserve a TM/HM form in Pokemon?

In my opinion, I believe Dual Chop should have a TM in the games. Of coirse it's rare, but I believe it is reasonable to hwve a TM formm since the move has an average base of power. I'd also like to see Quiver Dance as a TM, but could only be distributed through events due to it's strong effects. Like Snarl, for example. Only that move can be received with Wi-Fi at any time

Any other opinions/ideas?

Please use the "Create/Rename" sticky in Poke Polls.

Dark Side4

Is It Even Worth It?

I've been looking into the lower tiers to make a new team, and I really started to like a few Pokemon that are more different than most. More specifically, I wanted to make a team with a shedinja and shuckle on it, but I have heard that they really aren't that good, despite their abilities or stats. I also heard that many people believe they both have better substitutes that work better for whatever role they're trying to fill.

I was wondering if you all think they are even worth making, because I'm on the edge and I kind of want to make them, especially shuckle, who's one of my favorites. Please Help!

overlordmewtwo

Supreme Overlord
Shedinja is actually somewhat worth it for a team. It can be useful in certain situations. I'm not sure about Shuckle, though.

Dark Side4

@gelatino

Yeah I'm not sure you got the point of the thread...

I have seen move sets and ev spreads and all that good stuff, I'm asking if it's worth making them because so many people question them.

And I don't need a full team, I'm just wondering about shuckle and shedinja.

Jonah the Slaking

Couch-bound Warrior
Shedinja works fantastically...if you've gotten rid of all the Fires, Darks, countered harmful weather, and of course all the Dragons that learn Fire moves. Still, it can be an interesting twist.

Shedninja's a decent edition to a team if you like speed. Shuckle isn't a very good addition to a team because shuckle has low attack and high defense. But that can be changed with the move power trick though.

Profesco

gone gently
I've been looking into the lower tiers to make a new team, and I really started to like a few Pokemon that are more different than most. More specifically, I wanted to make a team with a shedinja and shuckle on it, but I have heard that they really aren't that good, despite their abilities or stats. I also heard that many people believe they both have better substitutes that work better for whatever role they're trying to fill.

I was wondering if you all think they are even worth making, because I'm on the edge and I kind of want to make them, especially shuckle, who's one of my favorites. Please Help!

We have a competitive section, as well as some RMT sections, for this kind of thing.

Cosmic Fury

Evil Overlord
Well I'm glad my thread got over 300 posts, but I've realized this is all at moot point because I cannot find my SID because I've never found a roaming shiny nor have I chained at least four shinies. The only reason I needed this was for a shiny shuckle, and I can't do that anyways, unless there is another way to find your SID without a non-bred/traded shiny or chained shinies.

BTW, no one helped me on my shuckle moveset problem lol. And no please don't tell me to go to smogon, that place is no fun.

I've got a good moveset, nature, and EV-pool for one I have.

It's a Relaxed nature (-Speed, +Def), and has an EV spread as follows: 206 HP, 52 of the defensive stat that benefits from the nature (in this case, it's 52 in Def), and 252 EV's in the defensive stat that does NOT benefit fron nature (in this case, it's 252 in Sp Def). So, its stats will look like this if it's hex-flawless: 232/56/559/56/559/41 (if you have 31 in speed. If it's 0, it's 13.)

Its moveset is as follows: Stone Edge, Sludge Bomb, Acupressure, and Power Split.

This moveset covers for a wide variety of foes, BUT--it depends on how strong they are. The stronger attacking stat(s) your foe has, the harder your Shuckle can hit.

Suppose you're in a battle and you know your opponent has a flawless Adamant Dragonite, which is EV'd only in attack and speed. He also has a flawless Modest Glaceon, whose Special Attack is 394, with EV's in Special Attack and Speed.

Suppose he sends either one in right when your Shuckle is on the loose. Your optimally EV'd Shuckle with a Relaxed nature will have stats looking like this at level 100:

Item: Leftovers-- for spread out and constant recovery.

HP: 201-232 (If exactly 206 EV's are invested here)
Att: 25-56
Def: 525-559 (Benefits from nature, if exactly 52 EV's are invested here)
Sp. Att: 25-56
Sp. Def: 528-559 (If exactly 252 EV's are invested here)
Speed: 13-41 (hindered. People go for either 13 or 41, depending whether they want it to be slower than anything for a Trick Room set, or faster than other Shuckles in any other circumstance.)

So the opponent sends out that same Dragonite I described earlier, which has 403 attack and 212 Special Attack (which is useless to him). Suppose your Shuckle is flawless and has 56 attack, and the first move you use on it is Power Split. It averages out your attack and special attack stats with the opposing pokemon, which turns your Shuckle into the following set, provided you survive Dragonite's first attack:

HP: 201-232 (If exactly 206 EV's are invested here), minus whatever the Dragonite took off you, plus recovery from leftovers
Att: 214-228
Def: 525-559 (Benefits from nature, if exactly 52 EV's are invested here)
Sp. Att: 118-134
Sp. Def: 528-559 (If exactly 252 EV's are invested here)
Speed: 13-41 (hindered. People go for either 13 or 41, depending whether they want it to be slower than anything for a Trick Room set, or faster than other Shuckles in any other circumstance.)

You'll note from these details that the Dragonite also has the exact same attack stats as you now! Which means that your opposing Dragonite had both its attack and special attack effectively cut in half, which can be extremely damaging to them and benefecial to you, as you can defend yourself more easily--and attack hard with your newly-powerful Stone Edge Attack!

The same principle applies to their Glaceon, if you pull off the same move successfully and then use either Sludge Bomb, or Acupressure if they choose to switch to a different sweeper.

AmericanPi

Write on
^Rock Slide. One hit. Either my Breloom is awesome, or his Moltres sucks.

Ah, didn't realize that a Grass-type like Breloom could learn Rock Slide. But then again, it's a Fighting-type, and most Fighting-types can learn Rock Slide...

Most of the time, a Moltres would outspeed a Breloom though... wait, never mind, there are EVs and IVs, which I will never understand. XP

On topic, though, people who disconnect because they get pissed when their Pokemon get beaten by a Pokemon with a type disadvantage need to learn that it isn't just types that determine who wins. Not just in the anime, but in the game too, especially on WiFi.

Gelatino95

Not a tool
Most of the time, a Moltres would outspeed a Breloom though... wait, never mind, there are EVs and IVs, which I will never understand. XP

Moltres has a base speed of 90 while Breloom has 70. Not that huge of a difference. However, there are numerous other determining factors which play into the speed stat. It's always possible that the guy using the Moltres unintentionally was using a hindering nature, while the Breloom may have had a helping nature.

As for IVs and EVs, I can give you a quick run-through if you're having trouble understanding them. VM me if you still need help.

IV stands for Individual Value. This is a fixed value between 0 and 31, assigned to each stat of a pokemon as soon as it is generated. They can never be changed. What you get is what you get. Each IV stands for one extra stat point at level 100. In layman's terms, the more IVs a pokemon has in a stat, the higher that stat will be. That's why people aim for perfect IVs, or 31 in each stat.

EV stands for Effort Value. Unlike IVs, these can be changed. Each pokemon in the wild gives out a certain number of EVs for any one stat (maybe more than one, can't remember). When you fight a pokemon in the wild, any pokemon of yours which participated in the battle will get EVs from the pokemon you fought. Every four EVs constitutes one extra stat point at level 100; like before, this means the more EVs you have, the higher your stat it. However, there is a catch. You can only have 520 total EVs (not sure if this is exactly right) and 255 in any one stat. Most people use only 252 because 255 is not divisible by 4, so the extra three EVs won't change the stats at all.

WillieNelson

I had a similar experience on Battle Revolution. (Biggest waste I ever indulged in). A kid had 6 Arceuses (before they were legally available), and they mustv'e had crappy IVs, because while he was screaming about how awesome he was (He sounded about 7 years old) I took 2 out easy with my Dragonite. As soon as I beat the second one, he throws a tantrum. Then the kid's mom comes in, and starts cussing me out for making her little twerp cry. She raves on and on about how He's only in 1st grade, and I should go EASY on him, while I hear the kid lying about how I was calling him names (hadn't said anything the entire battle). Then the mom disconnects. Yeah, I hate people who disconnect from battles. In more ways than one.

That kid is truley pathetic and their mother is an idiot.

I win about half of my RM games, but my ratio is about 1/10 because of D/Cers

Serebii!

I used a Masterball on a Poliwag in Fire Red

I didn't know how to evolve my Haunter and Kadabra so I just kept leveling them up hoping they would evolve.
On Fire Red I could never get my Kadabra to evolve it. I ended up having a level 100 Kadabra on my team then a friend of mine told me what to do later

Status
Not open for further replies.