• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

>>>> Closed Thread Container <<<<

Do you play with Nuzlocke rules?

• Yes!

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • No...

Votes: 30 58.8%
  • What the hell is Nuzlocke?

Votes: 7 13.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

jolteon27

Epic & Electric
yes this thread is getting pointless, smogon is just for more competitive than here, it works very smooth actually, serebii is nice, quiet casual place to reside, and smogon is a serious competitive hotspot that makes tiers to ease competitive battling

MetalFlygon08

Haters Gonna Hate
If anyone has Beldum on any copy of a 5th Gen game, they can trade it to you. Though the easier route is to catch a Metang/Metagross in the Giant Chasm and breed them with Ditto (Also in the Giant Chasm).

President People

Eat The Path
I'm not saying RNGing is wrong, or that it's cheating. I've taken a crack or two at it myself, with no results.

By RNGing, you can crank out Pokémon with perfect stats in minutes, and blow away any competition. Maybe that's fun, but where's the challenge in that?

I don't want to RNG because I want to feel like I took my Pokémon for what they were and raised them as a team. I want it to be fun and challenging. To take the losses as well as the wins.

Maybe I'm bitter about failing to figure out RNGing. Maybe I'm just weird, but that's my outlook on RNGing.

Just my two cents on a tired subject.

jolteon27

Epic & Electric
if it passes random matchup theres not much solid evidence even if it is hacked

MetalFlygon08

Haters Gonna Hate
Any Starter caught in a different ball than Poke Ball while not having it's Dream World Ability is a hack.

Any Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina met at level 1 that is not in a Pokeball is a hack.

Any 4th Gen Riolu and Lucario not in a Safari Ball or Pokeball is a hack too iirc.

DarumakkaImposter

Look, RNGing is just making it easier for WiFi battlers/traders/whoever else. We're not putting 999 stats in everything. We're getting flawless Pokemon. Meaning 31 IVs in each stat and possibly a shiny at the same time. We then battle with it after training. Or we could trade it. Hacking/cheating is putting 999 stats in everything and then battling with it. We get the Pokemon through the game and not any external device. We EV train it. We battle with it. We trade it. Whatever. It is not cheating nor "blowing away the competition". They can still lose. I have Pokemon on WiFi that lose all of the time that are RNGd. It takes a while to learn how to RNG. Months even. It took me a while just to learn to get a flawless Vorizion. And it was just standing there. Now that's the easiest thing you can RNG. I didn't hack it and put 999 in everything. I sacrificed time to get it. Now, more expire fed RNGers like A d v e n t or what have you can most likely RNG without his computer. Computer meaning RNG reporter. It tells you when to do stuff to get what you want (not the best discription).

Saying RNGing is cheating is like saying battling on PO is cheating, since it's basically the same thing.

Sorry if some of this stuff doesn't make sense.

Any Starter caught in a different ball than Poke Ball while not having it's Dream World Ability is a hack.

The Johto starters can be caught in a different ball in Pokemon Colosseum, but they will be a hack if they don't say that they are from a "distant land". Just felt like pointing that out there.

randomspot555

By RNGing, you can crank out Pokémon with perfect stats in minutes,

False.

RNG doesn't do anything the game doesn't normally do. But knowing how to use the RNG, you can accurately predict when your desired result will happen. You still have to make it through all the crap (hatching eggs, answering phone calls, etc...) to get there.

and blow away any competition.

Due to the inherent luck already in a Pokemon battle (accuracy, critical hits, secondary effects, etc...), luck and strategy will make far more difference than 1-2 IV point differences.

randomspot555

There are Johto starter evolutions available in one of the Gamecube games in the wild, so any of the Poke Balls available in that game can be used.

Also there are some given away as Gen 4 events in Cherish Balls.

Any 4th Gen Riolu and Lucario not in a Safari Ball or Pokeball is a hack too iirc.

Or Cherish Ball.

Madden610

Acton replay can be uses to hack a poke into your party or
"Influence game to only produce shiny in wild"
RNG can also "Influence game to produce shiny/fwaless from anywhere"
same diff. im not saying hacking and RNG-ing are synonomous, just that its rather underground and i find it unnervingly creepy.
RNG-ed pokes are just numbers from a screen...
legally obtained and NON-RNGed is my way, to each their own.

Way to be dim and revive a topic that should not have been revived due to how stupid it is....

Look, RNGing is just making it easier for WiFi battlers/traders/whoever else. We're not putting 999 stats in everything. We're getting flawless Pokemon. Meaning 31 IVs in each stat and possibly a shiny at the same time. We then battle with it after training. Or we could trade it. Hacking/cheating is putting 999 stats in everything and then battling with it. We get the Pokemon through the game and not any external device. We EV train it. We battle with it. We trade it. Whatever. It is not cheating nor "blowing away the competition". They can still lose. I have Pokemon on WiFi that lose all of the time that are RNGd. It takes a while to learn how to RNG. Months even. It took me a while just to learn to get a flawless Vorizion. And it was just standing there. Now that's the easiest thing you can RNG. I didn't hack it and put 999 in everything. I sacrificed time to get it. Now, more expire fed RNGers like A d v e n t or what have you can most likely RNG without his computer. Computer meaning RNG reporter. It tells you when to do stuff to get what you want (not the best discription).

Saying RNGing is cheating is like saying battling on PO is cheating, since it's basically the same thing.

Sorry if some of this stuff doesn't make sense.

Exactly, many people that say it's hacking also happen to play on PokemonOnline, which is really contridicatry considering how they essentially are the same (you battle with perfect pokes...). Also this topic really should be dead my response from nintendo, as posted on one of these pages (if your curious look, I can't be bothered to dig through this stupid thread) shows that they don't care we can rng if we want.

Zevn

Lost in Translation
It's a matter of opinion.

For me the idea of using any RNG'd shiny pokemon completely ruins the fact that it's shiny.

I have shiny pokemon with close to perfect stats that I bred legitimately, and I would never trade them for any RNG'd pokemon, even if the RNG'd pokemon had 1-2 points higher in Attack.

It's not rarer or special if you do it that way, but no it isn't exactly on par with hacking cheaters either.

It's the same as signing up to run a marathon, and taking a taxi to the finish line after sitting at a cafe while the other people ran.

HarmonySH

Rennaissance Woman
cheating is going BEYOND the limits of what a certain pokemon can do
like making an umbreon faster than a starmie

but if all you're doing is making a pokemon that meets its fullest potential in its range of possibility, i can't see how thats CHEATING

i see how it may feel unfare for trainers who take the long way but...
not all of us have the patience for that

well that's all just my opinion anyway

It's a matter of opinion.

For me the idea of using any RNG'd shiny pokemon completely ruins the fact that it's shiny.

I have shiny pokemon with close to perfect stats that I bred legitimately, and I would never trade them for any RNG'd pokemon, even if the RNG'd pokemon had 1-2 points higher in Attack.

It's not rarer or special if you do it that way, but no it isn't exactly on par with hacking cheaters either.

It's the same as signing up to run a marathon, and taking a taxi to the finish line after sitting at a cafe while the other people ran.

so basically you're saying you think it's cheating...

President People

Eat The Path
By RNGing, you can crank out Pokémon with perfect stats in minutes

False.

RNG doesn't do anything the game doesn't normally do. But knowing how to use the RNG, you can accurately predict when your desired result will happen. You still have to make it through all the crap (hatching eggs, answering phone calls, etc...) to get there.

blow away any competition.

Due to the inherent luck already in a Pokemon battle (accuracy, critical hits, secondary effects, etc...), luck and strategy will make far more difference than 1-2 IV point differences.

Ah, thanks. I'm merely posting my personal preference on raising Pokémon, and overlooked some information amidst my rant, I guess.

Zevn

Lost in Translation

In Pokemon Red I found a Charmander in Cinnabon Island's mansion.

No, but I really did find one on Cinnabar.

Zevn

Lost in Translation
so basically you're saying you think it's cheating...

Not exactly. I don't mind if other people do it, but they aren't legitimate pokemon to me.

No, it's not. That is cheating.

:cool:

Yeah, in my opinion it's the same. I don't mind if you disagree, and I don't mind if you RNG, just don't trade them to me.

IF YOU CHOOSE THE QUICK AND EASY PATH AS VADAR DID...
>.>

Last edited:

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
Oh my gosh~

Like, Mewtwo is available early for whatever reason, dudes! :D

Go! Go and get him early so you can flaunt your Pokemon prowess and whatnot! This isn't a troll thread btw. -w-

I juuuuust got mine.

I'd give a pic buuuuut...I don't know how...but it wouldn't hurt to verify it yourself! :0

Status
Not open for further replies.