• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

>>>> Closed Thread Container <<<<

Do you play with Nuzlocke rules?

• Yes!

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • No...

Votes: 30 58.8%
  • What the hell is Nuzlocke?

Votes: 7 13.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ConfusedEevee

Time Gear Thief
This topic has been coming up in the forums a lot. I have one question about it: What exactly is RGN? I feel like a n00b right now, but I've never heard of it until I joined Serebii, and I want to know what it is. If someone would let me know I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.

coolminun

Banned
New stuff for the games

So, I was on my way to school and lately I've been obsessed with Final Fantasy 13's Lightning, her wicked awesomeness and was thinking about some of the basic things. Things like hitting with elemental attacks like thundaga while smashing defensively weak opponents who are weak to lightning with something like lightning strike. Anyways, this made me start to think of some really good items, abilities, attacks etc that could really be useful.

So, this thread is about posting some ideas that are well thought out. Not stuff that is so outlandish it's like.......really?? Post any new attack, ability, etc, and explain how it would be useful.

Lightning spear
base: 90
Category:Special
Effect: Removes ground type immunity to electric attacks, and strikes water/ground pokes super effectively
Rational:Ensures ground types no easy switch in, lets electric types check counters without having to rely on hp grass or hp ice

Opposing charge orb
Grants activation of pokes with the +/- ability and increase speed by 1.5. This lets pokemon like Minun, plusle, Manectric, and Amphoros to shine a bit more. They're basically at choice specs power with a boost in speed to boot.

Spark tacks
type: electric
Category: Support
lays a set of electrified tack entry hazards that cause paralysis upon entering.
Also activates the lightning rod, volt absorb, and motor drive abilities. All pokes with levitate, ground typing, and flying type are immune.

Rationa:lThis is good, because it effectively cripples teams much like toxic spikes does, and you're gonna need either a ground type, a poke with limber ability, or special electric types, because ones without the abilities listed will be paralyzed. Pokes with the quick feet ability like ursaring, mightyena, granbull and jolteon can switch in to get the speed boost and ursaring can fire off a nasty facade without the worry of losing health due to toxic orb. Flinch haxing will increase, but togekiss has gotta be carful itself because if it roosts its sweep will be over. Also, rapid spinners like starmie are gonna have to watch themselves due to that speed drop.

Pokemom

TCG Gym Leader, Ret.
I've had quite a few CritiCap fails...had one day with 3 consecutive 'balls chime and all three failed.

Lucariolover22

Aura Master
I've had quite a few CritiCap fails...had one day with 3 consecutive 'balls chime and all three failed.
Hate it when they fail. I hate it even more when your Larvitar has the Hasty nature. I dont need speed, I need attack

AK Adam

What to put here...
Let's see.... When I first started with Yellow, I used my Master Ball on Haunter. In several games I failed to catch a shiny because it was in the Safari Zone. In emerald, I missed out on an Oddish, and in Diamond I missed a Paras. Also in Diamond, I didn't save after raising a pokemon from about 20 to late 40's, then I KO'd Giratina.

Zevn

Lost in Translation
So I read the smogon guide to RNG abuse because I'm sick of the argument that: If I don't know how to RNG abuse, then surely I don't understand how it's used.

Anyway, I have considered what's been said in the thread, and I have altered my opinion slightly.

RNG-ing legendary pokemon is acceptable, because you cannot breed for better stats, which is something you need for competitive battling.

RNG-ing shiny pokemon is still not acceptable to me, because that ruins the intended rarity.

Pokechan

When my Samurott's main job post game was fainting. It was disappointing because I like Samurott too. He was at level 74 and my Excadrill and Hydreigon had to do most of the work.

Lucariolover22

Aura Master
When working hard to breed a female Torchic and finding out that she can't breed with Pidgey :(

dewey911p

primus inter pares
RNG-ing shiny pokemon is still not acceptable to me, because that ruins the intended rarity.

fair enough, but remember that the purpose of RNGing isnt for getting shiny pokemon, its for getting flawless pokemon. Shininess is just an added bonus. Just something to keep in mind if you trade a lot.

Also, just out of curiosity, what do you feel about RNGed legends that are flawless and shiny, if i may ask?

~Kurou

to see you smile
Things In Pokemon That You Wish Were Real v.2

This is a remake of magikarprules thread, since it died :/

Anywhoo, title sys it all.

I would want ehm pokeballs (not the toy ones, I mean real)
I would catch my fish and pretend it was a basculin xD

What do YOU want to be real that's in Pokemon?

Shockking

i dont know anymore
The whole friken thing. (School doesn't matter once your ten?)
Its funny how in Pokemon you never see people with normal jobs besides the occasional police, reporter or sailor... Yet besides all the Pokemon stuff its essentially the same world as ours.

~Kurou

to see you smile
The whole friken thing. (School doesn't matter once your ten?)
Its funny how in Pokemon you never see people with normal jobs besides the occasional police, reporter or sailor... Yet besides all the Pokemon stuff its essentially the same world as ours.

Yeah, I wish I didn't have to go to school anymore starting on my 10th b-day (I'm already ten) but ya no jobs yet they robably have lotsa money, that'd be awesome

Status
Not open for further replies.