• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

>>>> Closed Thread Container <<<<

Do you play with Nuzlocke rules?

• Yes!

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • No...

Votes: 30 58.8%
  • What the hell is Nuzlocke?

Votes: 7 13.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ansem1013

4768-7457-8661
Make Secret Power useful. Don't care how, make it stronger, or give it some cool additional effect, bring back secret bases, something!

Cut being super effective against grass types would be interesting imo. It's logical considering the move is used to cut down grass, and it'd make one of the worst HMs much better. A thing should be done for Rock Smash.

dd1zzle

cantab

Secret Power I never found all that bad in-game. It's got a nice chance of the effect, 30% - including for freeze in snowy areas, all other moves that can freeze having only 10% chance of doing so.

Gelatino95

Not a tool
I would buff Hyper Cutter by giving it a higher base power. If we have to limit the amount it increases in power, then that's fine, but it's kind of an inconvenient move and my Armaldo can't learn X-scissor until level 70-something.

Moneyy

INACTIVE
I used to look in all the guide books and go on Serebii to try and memorize all the Pokemon, natures, moves, abilities, etc., but now I've realized that there are more important things to memorize and spend that much time on.

mario_fan

Kawaiibunkle
Aqua Tail should have 100% accuracy 90% just seems stupid and random. Smog should also have 100 accuracy why it had 55% (now 70%) baffled me.

Angeltripper

♥ Ace ♥
most of the info I get comes from the internet, while learning most new pokemon and the types they have I experiment (took me FOREVER to figure out Escavlier's type)

Dr. Leggs

Astral Cowboy
I'd like Hypnosis to have 70% accuracy again, but only because I use it so often.

Completely redundant moves should also probably be altered, like Detect.

Explosion and Selfdestruct being un-nerfed would totally make my day.

Gelatino95

Not a tool
There is no such thing as studying practice makes better and much better!

Practice doesn't make perfect. Perfect practice makes perfect; tragically, "perfect" is only a theory, so one can never actually become perfect. But that's beside the point.

You can practice battling and stuff using an Electivire with the moves Thunderpunch, Thunderbolt, Shock Wave, and Thunder Wave. This moveset would work fine for an in-game team and you could easily get away with it. However, you're not actually learning anything about the game by doing this. If you use a pokemon with a terrible moveset and practice with all your heart, it's still going to have a terrible moveset.

Erymry

Only Slightly Normal
I agree with un-nerfing Explosion and nerfing Stealth Rock a little. Maybe give moves like Hypnosis or Grasswhistle a higher accuracy, while lowering Thunderwave's and maybe Spore's.

I also think that early HM moves should be given a powerup. It doesn't have to be anything major, just something to give them a little more use. For example, maybe Cut could do higher damage to Grass types, and Strength could do higher damage to Rock types. Rock Smash could sharply lower the foes Defence, rather then just by one stage.

zozo

SLIMED!
A bit of both, I suppose. When I'm going through the game for the first time, I generally try to avoid "studying up" on pokemon, etc. and just enjoy myself without worrying about stats, natures, IVs, EVs, etc. After awhile, I'll start looking more in-depth at a couple of pokemon because I've gotten particularly interested in them, and decide that I want to build a team around them. That leads to me trying to think up the most suitable teammates for them, which in turn leads me to studying up on which pokemon would fit that description. After awhile, I'll stop studying and just start practicing with my team in-game and see how well it works before I go back to reading and figuring out how to tweak the team.

Rayquaza Master777

#1 May Fanboy
I wouldn't mind Cut being upped to at least 65, if not 70, and maybe with an added chance of making the opponent flinch. And I think Fly needs 100 accuracy, as does Rock Climb.

Bulletproof

Self explanatory.
I agree with un-nerfing Explosion and nerfing Stealth Rock a little. Maybe give moves like Hypnosis or Grasswhistle a higher accuracy, while lowering Thunderwave's and maybe Spore's.

I also think that early HM moves should be given a powerup. It doesn't have to be anything major, just something to give them a little more use. For example, maybe Cut could do higher damage to Grass types, and Strength could do higher damage to Rock types. Rock Smash could sharply lower the foes Defence, rather then just by one stage.

Nerfing Spore defeats the purpose, the fact that it is the only move with 100% accuracy sleep chacne gives Pokemon like Parasect & Shroomish a little nice to fill.

RDSchley

The Anti-Hero
Stealth Rock needs severe nerfiing. It cripples too many pokemon with only a single move that can counter it and thats assuming the opponent doesn't use a ghost pokemon.

Make it do damage randomly at base 35 power and it works off your current pokemon's highest offensive stat. Say, 40% chance every turn to inflict free rock damage that bypasses protect, substitute and detect at the end of the turn after all effects. It would be affected by stab naturally.

Status
Not open for further replies.