• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

>>>> Closed Thread Container <<<<

Do you play with Nuzlocke rules?

• Yes!

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • No...

Votes: 30 58.8%
  • What the hell is Nuzlocke?

Votes: 7 13.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Atratus

Antimatter Trainer
I don't think so. And I most certainly hope not. I liked the remakes, they were refreshing, but I think re-remaking is just dumb.

The only good thing that could come out of remaking remakes is another xzibit meme.

Neekerisanni123

Kanbei <3 _ <3
You mean like remaking FRLG and HGSS for 5th and 6th gen? No, that sounds like a stupid idea. There's no point in remaking the same game 5 times. If they're thinking of porting games, that's a different story, but I think they'd be better off coming up with something completely new. One remake is enough.

This.

It would get really repetitive if the same game was remade multiple times.
Why do a remake of a remake when you could make a completely new game?

The Oncoming Storm

I went to jared
The more time goes on, the less reason there is to remake certain games. FRLG was a necessity because many of the Pokemon in it were made unavailable in RS. For HGSS, you could still get all of the Pokemon in it, but some required you to use Pal Park, and Lugia and Ho-oh were very hard to get back then. And I haven't even brought up the issue of popularity, as many people seem to want RS reamkes, RBY and GSC deserved to be remade because they were genuinely good and popular games. RSE were nowhere near as good or popular, who's to say it'll sell as well?

Where do you keep getting this hoenn is garbage from. Tons of fans loved RSE and a lot of new fans were made because of those games. It is rediculous for you to continue to base claims about rse reakes soley on your own opinions. Lots of peopleliked RSE if it had been a bad game it wouldn't have sold.

Klozo

The Voyager
I doubt the remakes are going to happen unless there's going to be another major change in the data structure that would make transferring Pokemon between generations impossible. Actually, basing on the very same idea, I doubt there's ever going to be remakes of R/S/E. Which would suck, because Hoenn is the place where I wasted most of my time in elementary, and being forced to buy the original games just to revisit it in, say, 10 years and being subjected to a reversed change in the battle mechanics wouldn't make things very enjoyable for me :p

Klozo

The Voyager
Finding a shiny Poochyena in Emerald. Then realizing I don't have Pokeballs yet. And then realizing I couldn't transfer it anyway because the game turned out to be on a bootleg cartridge. Ouch.

Wyrm

~Setting Sail~
It's plausible, but possibly overdoing things. We'll just have to see what the rest of Gen. 5 thinks.

xDWarrior

The originals were such hits that GF could potentially remake them again in the far future. Nostalgia would bring in HUGE bucks for them.

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
To remake games, the secrets have to change.

What was so great about Hoenn was how vast it *felt* because of the in depth secrets the game had.

Mirage Island, the Regi puzzles... deep sea travelling. It couldn't just be a graphical update, it would have to be an overhaul in the same location.

You are thinking as a person who has played the original. What you don't take into account is that there will be generation of new Pokémon players who have never played the original, so to them the remake will fresh and new.

Also it wouldn't be a remake if Game Freak changed a lot of the features that was in the original.

As for the question will Game Freak remake a remake the clear answer is no they won't.

What they might do instead is just remake the original game but add in the features that was only in the remake. However don't expect Game Freak to do something like that any time soon.

Gelatino95

Not a tool
Why do remakes when you can make new ideas instead? We've already played off the popularity of previous generations with remakes. Now let's see some new material instead.

Are 1st edition Pokemon trading figures worth something?

First of all, I just want to say that I wasn't really sure where to post this, I was going to post it in the TCG forum, but I wasn't too sure if it belongs there. So apologies if this is in the wrong place and please move this thread if it doesn't belong here. Also, apologies again if this isn't the place I should be asking, though I am not really sure where to be asking this question. Anyway, I digress...

I used to be a huge Pokemon nerd back in the day and have thus collected a ton of Pokemon stuff over my childhood years, mainly Pokemon cards. However, I also managed to buy some of the short lived Pokemon trading figures from the 'Next Quest' set back in 2006.

I've been going through my old Pokemon stuff to sell on Ebay, and I've noticed I've got 4 Pokemon figures that are '1st edition' (Raichu, Machop, Ekans and Zangoose). I know 1st edition trading cards are usually worth quite a bit (like 1st edition Charizard), but what about the trading figures?

I was going to sell the 1st edition figures among all my other regular figures in a job lot on Ebay, but I was wondering if I should hold on to them in case they make be worth more? I've tried searching all over ebay and google, but can't seem to find anything on this. I did find a 1st edition Lugia figure for $11 on Ebay, but that doesn't really tell me how much my particular figures are worth.

Edit: Also, a bit off-topic, but I've been inactive for a very long time and I don't really play Pokemon anymore, so please ignore anything that may be in my signature.

Status
Not open for further replies.