• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

>>>> Closed Thread Container <<<<

Do you play with Nuzlocke rules?

• Yes!

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • No...

Votes: 30 58.8%
  • What the hell is Nuzlocke?

Votes: 7 13.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lanik

Choice scarves are not broken. You know it, I know it, everyone who practices competitive battles know it.

I can tell from your post that you're a troll who's butthurt because you can't deal with scarfed threats.

NeohopeSTF

Sol Badguy
but really though people decide to stick it on random Pokemon all the time and it ruins strategy
That is the point of battling fool. Also maybe thier not using Smogon sets not everybody uses those.

Bluelatios*

Well to be honest, I'm fine with most of the animal and plant based Pokemon, sometimes I can tolerate strange ones like Exeggutor, others like Dodrio are a little bizarre. Some people would say both are weird, I just have my own preferences like any other person. But I'm not really fond of most of the mad-made objects like Lampent, Vanillite, Trubbish, Klink, etc. It just doesn't seem right for them to be "naturally born" Pokemon that probably wouldn't have been created by Game Freak had the said object not been invented. To me they are starting to go too far in stretching out what a Pokemon is, and they tend to do that more often with each new generation.

"Spite" DefaultAsAwesome

Well to be honest, I'm fine with most of the animal and plant based Pokemon, sometimes I can tolerate strange ones like Exeggutor, others like Dodrio are a little bizarre. Some people would say both are weird, I just have my own preferences like any other person. But I'm not really fond of most of the mad-made objects like Lampent, Vanillite, Trubbish, Klink, etc. It just doesn't seem right for them to be "naturally born" Pokemon that probably wouldn't have been created by Game Freak had the said object not been invented. To me they are starting to go too far in stretching out what a Pokemon is, and they tend to do that more often with each new generation.

I like to think that inanimate objects were based on them.

gliscor&yanmega

It just doesn't seem right for them to be "naturally born" Pokemon that probably wouldn't have been created by Game Freak had the said object not been invented. To me they are starting to go too far in stretching out what a Pokemon is, and they tend to do that more often with each new generation.

The same thing applies to all the Pokemon that are based on Animals and Plants, had those Animals and Plants never been around the Pokemon counterpart wouldn't have been made either. They base every Pokemon on something that has already been established in the world.

Each generation has the same basic Pokemon ideas:
Animals
Plants
Man-made objects
Other things like rocks and that

They don't go overboard with them as these are the things that are always used to make a Pokemon in each generation.

bolter1

Swampert Trainer
I love Pokemon that are based ob inanimate objects! The designs are mostly very creative to be able to make an inanimate object seamless living qualities while retaining what it is based on clear. I personally love the Vanillite line, they are among my favourite Ice types.

randomspot555

But I'm not really fond of most of the mad-made objects like Lampent, Vanillite, Trubbish, Klink, etc. It just doesn't seem right for them to be "naturally born"

Strange how you only name Gen 5 Pokemon when there are several "object" Pokemon in Gen I and II that none of the Gen 5 complainers ever seem to...well, complain about.

What exactly is so bad about Trubbish and Klink?

Please avoid these vague, one word descriptions. What really makes these designs so bad and really separates them from the object-based Pokemon of Gen I and II that you give a complete pass to.

To me they are starting to go too far in stretching out what a Pokemon is,

Did you hear about this Pokeball that evolves into a bigger Pokeball with a grin? Running out of ideas, right????

Stylinson

Pokemon based on inanimate objects aren't bad, although I don't understand the idea of making a pokemon out of a pile of sludge, pokeball, magnet, and a pink blob.
There. Fixed it for ya.

But seriously, what's with the 5th gen hate? I think most of the 5th gen pokemon are awesome, even the garbage bag.

Gelatino95

Not a tool
Pokemon shouldn't be evaluated based on their origin. Their creativity should be based solely on their design.

Stay Gold

BattleSubway Trainer
Really, I judge Pokemon based on inanimate objects just like others, some I like, some I dont.

For example:
Chandelure? Epic, the guy that came up with it deserves a high five.

Vanilluxe? *facepalm*

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Choice Scarf altered the meta game. As for ruined? It's your Opinion.

I could argue abilities ruined it, as you get instant Rain Dance or Sunny Day or any other effect Abilities do. But I do like them and they keep me on my toes in battle, as I often forget about them.

Shutting - OP's argument lacks reasoning. - Plus this isn't the competitive section, in which you'd get pages of why it not ruined the metagame.

cantab

There are loads of Pokemon based on man-made objects, not just the obvious ones like Voltorb and Bronzong and Trubbish. Jigglypuff is a balloon, it's even called the "Balloon Pokemon". Diglett and Dugtrio are based on Whac-a-Mole. Wobbuffet is like a Weeble. Donphan is half an elephant, half a tyre.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
As long as they aren't obvious ones, it's cool.

FireTheAbsolLord

Bad Username
They're cool. I don't have a problem with them. We've always had them. I mean, for just one example from each generation, there's Ditto, Unown, Baltoy, Bronzor, and Vanilluxe. There's loads more as well, especially in Kanto.
We've always had them, and they're pretty cool. Though it bugs me how the Unova Pokemon are picked on the most. The Unova Pokemon took inanimate objects and game them quite the designs, all in all.
Even the Pokemon based on animate creatures in Kanto are just...not the best.

Marbi Z

Cin-Der-Race!
Good question! But I think there better off just putting all the games into one big collection at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.