• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

>>>> Closed Thread Container <<<<

Do you play with Nuzlocke rules?

• Yes!

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • No...

Votes: 30 58.8%
  • What the hell is Nuzlocke?

Votes: 7 13.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oreokidd

METALHEAD
Pikachu, Typhlosion, Pidgeot, Quagsire. A lot of my friends who play think the pokemon i use suck lol

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
Minun and Turtwig, my 2 signature pokemon. People often tell me to get rid of them, get a Raichu and Torterra, they're much better. But, Minun is my first level 100 and Turtwig is my second. They both mean a lot to me and I wouldn't change them for anything.

randomspot555

So as long as I have wireless (which I have at home) I can trade between those 5 games? ^^ awesome...and maybe I should start with Platinum, then HG, then Black or White (know the difference, still can't decide) and then Black/White 2 (if I don't get to it earlier) great :D where is my bag of infinite money

No.

4th gen games (Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, Heart Gold, Soul Silver) are compatible with eachother and 5th gen games are compatible with eachother (Black, White).

You can do a one way TRANSFER of Pokemon from Gen 4 to Gen 5 if you have two DS systems.

I still recommend getting Black first. 90% of Pokemon players are not super obsessed fans like most of us, and are fine with playing one game every 3 years or so.

And then if you like it a whole lot and hae played it and want more, then go back and get Platinum. And if you STILL want more, get HG or SS.

Go for Platinum. I went with Diamond > Platinum > Soul Silver > White excluding GBA and spinoff games. Diamond and Pearl are a little too outdated for me so Platinum is a good start. Soul Silver has more 3D graphics with more things to do after beating the E4 and Pokémon White is even more 3D with new Pokémon.

So as long as I have wireless (which I have at home) I can trade between those 5 games? ^^ awesome...and maybe I should start with Platinum, then HG, then Black or White (know the difference, still can't decide) and then Black/White 2 (if I don't get to it earlier) great :D where is my bag of infinite money

All 4th Gen games (Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, Heat Gold, Soul Silver) can trade with each other wirelessly. Additionally, you can trade with other people around the world if you have compatible WiFi. 4th Gen games can transfer Pokémon to 5th Gen games (Black, White, Black 2, White 2) but they cannot battle and trade with each other. All 5th Gen games can freely trade and battle each other, however.

Last edited:

ROBO PIKA Tek 2

Kid with Pantz
Smogon's All Wet!

(Ignore the title)

So, some time back, before I got Serebii, I made an account on Smogon, sent them my email, and waited. I never got it. Is this a problem with any of you guys? Is there a way to fix it?

Moog2

Must stay awake...
The fact that it's that easy to make money. I'm broke 80% of the time.
The Pokemon, too. That would be really sweet.

Kim62

Hello
I had the same problem at TRSRockin. Never found out what the problem was. Sometimes they set it up in a way if you do one wrong thing your activation letter will never arrive. It sucks but what can you do.

Seiryu

Resident dragon
I still recommend getting Black first. 90% of Pokemon players are not super obsessed fans like most of us, and are fine with playing one game every 3 years or so.

And then if you like it a whole lot and hae played it and want more, then go back and get Platinum. And if you STILL want more, get HG or SS.

Gotta agree with this.

Of all of the main games, Black/White is probably the friendliest to beginners. For one, unlike in previous generations, it's exceedingly difficult to go wrong with picking out pokemon for your team. It'll also make sure you get to know the basic aspects of gameplay and does more than any other game to help the player along (though just how much of that help you utilize is, of course, up to you). Some feel as though that's something of a step back--I disagree, for the record--but for first-time players, I feel that makes it the ideal first game, and a good introduction to the rest of the series. Really, the only thing you'll be missing out on is a couple of minor references to previous main games, but that knowledge is in no way required to enjoy it. Either way, get one of these (either one, it doesn't matter) first.

Platinum is, in my opinion, pretty much the overall best of the lot. A good second game, if you want more. Just one thing to watch out for: since Platinum is from Gen 4, there are some gameplay advancements made in the Gen 5 games (Black/White) that will be absent. Most notably: TMs. You'll figure out just what these are when you start playing, but the gist of it is: in Black/White, these were made into infinite-use items. They are not infinite-use in any game before Black and White; this includes Platinum and Heart Gold/Soul Silver.

And speaking of Heart Gold and Soul Silver...well, they aren't bad games. It's just, even though they may be the easiest main-series games as a whole, there are certain flaws that make certain parts...decidedly not friendly to beginners. Mostly it has to do with a level curve that, put simply, leaves most boss fights severely overpowered compared to the player, most other battles severely underpowered compared to the player, and the player him/herself with meager options for grinding experience levels. Combine that with a story that's weak even by Pokemon standards, and you have something that I cannot seriously recommend to, well, any player over Black/White or Platinum. (...or Fire Red/Leaf Green or Emerald, for that matter.) At least, not as your first game in the series. Pick it up if you're really that interested, or just to see what all the fuss is about (since something like 90% of the folks here seem to positively adore these games for some reason), but I definitely say save it for after the other games I've talked about here.

So, uh. Yeah, hope this helps with your decision!

(tl;dr: Just read randomspot's post again.)

Treecko's Awesomeness

Treecko is claimed!
Hammerspace backpacks. Hammerspace backpacks so much.

...Oh, and Pokemon too.

Treecko's Awesomeness

Treecko is claimed!
Just today, my Gothitelle was battling a wild Altaria, it used DragonBreath and I got paralyzed.

I couldn't attack for 3 turns, so I went into total rageface saying "This is uberly HAX!"

I know the feeling. Damn Zubats and there Confuse Rays.

zozo

SLIMED!
And yet, ironically, I almost always hit with Charge Beam ^^

It's weird, I can nearly always hit with Rock Slide. It's only once in awhile in double battles that it will miss one of the opponents. But Charge Beam? I may as well be using Guillotine. The accuracy seems to be about the same for me! XD

It's weird, I can nearly always hit with Rock Slide. It's only once in awhile in double battles that it will miss one of the opponents. But Charge Beam? I may as well be using Guillotine. The accuracy seems to be about the same for me! XD

I guess that's just bad luck ^^;

Profesco

gone gently
So I just caught this cobalion, and the IV spread is 28/18/31/16/0/30... should I keep it? or keep on trying for a different one? Hp is good... def is good... and speed is good... which are all great! but the lack of attk and sp def is questionable. anyone want to give me an honest opinion?

nature is adamant, IV is capable of taking hits

Please visit the Rate My Team subforums in the future.

Profesco

gone gently
The only reason I'm saying this is because both seem to have the ability to grant their user some kind of special ability whether in Jirachi's case it's a Wish or Victini's case the power of Victory. Both are part Psychic and one carries a type advantage over the over. I'm not saying they ARE opposites but I think there is enough similarities to possibly explore the 2 further. What do you guys think?

While I'm at it the complete contrast in design between Sneasel and Celebi makes me think they could be opposites to not least due to Sneasel's unbelievable contrast typing over Celebi.

How very thoughtlike. Please discuss trivial "theories" like this in the Pokemon Discussion sticky.

Status
Not open for further replies.