• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

>>>> Closed Thread Container <<<<

Do you play with Nuzlocke rules?

• Yes!

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • No...

Votes: 30 58.8%
  • What the hell is Nuzlocke?

Votes: 7 13.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DMerle

Guess who's back
Too many legendaries?

So this is something that's been on my mind forever, in the 1st gen of pokemon we had 5 legendaries: Mew, Mewtwo, Zapdos, Articuno, and Moltres, these were all great pokemon that looked good, had great characteristics and a good backstory behind them, now that we're into 5th gen it's like we're getting bombarded with WAY too many legendaries now. Don't get me wrong i like the designs for the most part but lets just stop and think about the legendaries in gen 5.

Zekrom
Reshiram
Kyurem
Landorus
Tornadus
Thundurus
Cobalion
Terrakion
Virizion
Victini

not counting Meoletta, Genesect, and Keldeo when they're introduced later on in the year, that's thirteen! Surely they could of brought back legendaries from previous generations to play a part, it seems like legendaries are losing the novelty they once had. Thoughts would be appreciated.

-Merle

Last edited:

randomspot555

not counting Meoletta, Genesect, and Keldeo when they're introduced later on in the year, that's THIRTEEN! Surely they could of brought back legendaries from previous generations to play a part, it seems like legendaries are losing the novelty they once had. Thoughts would be appreciated.

-Merle

lol. That defeats the entire purpose of making a new region. New Pokemon.

People who think there are too many Legendaries, even though they are a mere fraction of the total number of Pokemon, can simply choose not to catch them. In many cases, you're never even forced to encounter them.

gliscor&yanmega

Isn't it like around 7% of the Pokemon are Legendary or something? I don't consider that to me "too many".

EDIT: And if it was for each generation then:
Gen 1-3% for the generation.

Gen 2-6% for the generation. 4% for all the Pokemon.

Gen 3-7% for the generation. 5% for all the Pokemon.

Gen 4-12% for the generation. 6% for all the Pokemon.

Gen 5-8% for the generation. Again 7% for all the Pokemon.

So it's pretty much +1% for each new generation when you're factoring in all the Pokemon.

Last edited:

Schade

Metallic Wonder
I think Sinnoh brought in a bit too many legendaries.

Shinku

neko, desu~
With new Pokemon come new legendaries *shrugs* and there's probably more to come I suspect. But really, when you look at how many Pokémon as a whole now, there really arn't that many legendary's in comparison.

Yeul

Green Eyed Girl
When I entered this thread I thought it was BW's Route 11, just as a nice call back to the first games. Too bad.

Hidden Power

If we count by the number of final stage Pokemon (including those that don't evolve), the number of legendaries is actually around 1 in every 7.5 Pokemon, which quite a fair chunk. I tend not to use legendary during my game, and for those that you aren't forced to encounter in-game, I leave them alone where they are.

Atratus

Antimatter Trainer
While it is great that each generation bring new pokemon, there really are too many.
1st gen - 5 legends.
2nd gen - 6 legends.
3rd gen - 10 legends.
4th gen - 14 legends.
5th gen - 13 legends.
That means 47/649 pokemon are legendary. That is a lot. It makes "legendary" into something common. Personally, I think 2nd gen had the best format. 1 trio + 1 duo + 1 pseudo cute thing.

xDWarrior

The amount of legendaries in the 4th and 5th generations was WAY too much. Personally I'd like to see one epic legendary per generation and that's it.

TheEliteEmpoleon

I think maybe nine or ten is fine. A trio, a duo (mascots), the duos leader, a fairy legendary, another, less important, duo, and an event. That's my ideal thinking, though I do like legendaries because they are easy to get as shinies.

atypicalorca

Bird Keeper
Eh...I don't mind, really. Legendaries are fun, even if there's more than 5 of them...
Don't really have any strong feelings one way or another about it.

Wyrm

~Setting Sail~
It's a neutral situation. While 47 is indeed over the top, I bet they were attempting to have a Legend for every major aspect of life.

I'm personally not bothered TOO much by it, but do believe in a potentially smaller amount.

thatjeremykid

.Memento.Mori.
i can see it kind of but i think you're just looking to hard and seeing what you want to see

Status
Not open for further replies.