• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

>>>> Closed Thread Container <<<<

Do you play with Nuzlocke rules?

• Yes!

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • No...

Votes: 30 58.8%
  • What the hell is Nuzlocke?

Votes: 7 13.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coey890

Optimistic Geek
It looks more like the old hammer bros map sprite from Super Mario Bros 3. It has the head, the body, and it's in the exact same posture. Except it looks like it's wearing skis and a cape.

gliscor&yanmega

If we count by the number of final stage Pokemon

And why would we be doing this...the other Pokemon count too you know.

While it is great that each generation bring new pokemon, there really are too many.
1st gen - 5 legends.
2nd gen - 6 legends.
3rd gen - 10 legends.
4th gen - 14 legends.
5th gen - 13 legends.
That means 47/649 pokemon are legendary. That is a lot. It makes "legendary" into something common. Personally, I think 2nd gen had the best format. 1 trio + 1 duo + 1 pseudo cute thing.

7% isn't a lot...not to me at less...

Also, it's not like there being an X amount of Legendary makes them less "Legendary".

The amount of legendaries in the 4th and 5th generations was WAY too much. Personally I'd like to see one epic legendary per generation and that's it.

4th generation? Maybe. 12% for the generation is far greater then any other generation had it, however, in the end by the time of the 4th generation overall the Legendary Pokemon in total was only 6% which is only one more percentage then the last generation.

5th generation? I don't see how...it was only 8% for the generation. Totaling 7% when you factor in all the Pokemon in all generations.

Overall, when you are dealing with all the Pokemon, each generation only adds +1% to the amount of Legendary Pokemon in total, so overall, there has never been "too much", unless people really believe 1% is a lot.

One? I think that would be a complete waste, not everyone is going to like that one Legendary, that's why there's a few for everyone to have one they like.

AmusedMilk

Oh, hey, Big Zam!
Isn't it like around 7% of the Pokemon are Legendary or something? I don't consider that to me "too many".

EDIT: And if it was for each generation then:
Gen 1-3% for the generation.

Gen 2-6% for the generation. 4% for all the Pokemon.

Gen 3-7% for the generation. 5% for all the Pokemon.

Gen 4-12% for the generation. 6% for all the Pokemon.

Gen 5-8% for the generation. Again 7% for all the Pokemon.

So it's pretty much +1% for each new generation when you're factoring in all the Pokemon.

After more and more generations, it's gonna add up.

By Gen 8, 1 in 10 of every Pokemon is going to be legendary.

gliscor&yanmega

After more and more generations, it's gonna add up.

By Gen 8, 1 in 10 of every Pokemon is going to be legendary.

Not necessarily, they could end up lower the amount or having it stay the same.

Rayquaza Master777

#1 May Fanboy
I really see nothing wrong with having lots of legendaries. I mean, it could easily be akin to how some cultures and religions have huge numbers of deities, each ruling different areas. So given that many legendaries are at least partially based on such deities, why not have lots?

Watchog

Lv. 50
Yeah they make more and more legandaries for more promotions/events and things like that, making us obligated to go to Gamestop.

Sceptrigon

Armored Legend
Eh, it's not bad to have too many legendaries. In fact, I think it'd only be natural to have even more legendaries for each future generation (likely maintaining the 10/14/13 area). Legendaries are the creation of originating history of their respective regions. Being used to describe any creations, backgrounds, and other history, having many legendaries to help build a sizable region is a decent idea, IMO. Kanto was just the starting region, so naturally, there wouldn't be many legends to start off with. The foundation just grew for the new ideas they had.

Hidden Power

And why would we be doing this...the other Pokemon count too you know.

Why not? Most people would only consider the final form of any family, along with legendaries, if they're looking to form a team. Have you actually seen teams, competitive or non-competitive, consisting of a mix of basic stage, stage 1, stage 2 Pokemon and legendaries? You CAN do that, but I'm not too far off when I say that 1 out of 7.5 final stage Pokemon is a Legendary, for practical purposes.

For 5th Generation, 13 out of 82 families are Legendaries, which is around 1 in 6.3 Pokemon.

For 4th Generation, 13 out of 68 families are Legendaries, which is around 1 in 5.2 Pokemon.

Last edited:

sharkdude5

Master of Chaos
No, I don't think there are to many legendaries. A lot of the legendaries are important in plot wise, and those that are not offer you something to do after you've beaten the game.

gliscor&yanmega

Why not? Most people would only consider the final form of any family, along with legendaries, if they're looking to form a team. Have you actually seen teams, competitive or non-competitive, consisting of a mix of basic stage, stage 1, stage 2 Pokemon and legendaries? You CAN do that, but I'm not too far off when I say that 1 out of 7.5 final stage Pokemon is a Legendary, for practical purposes.

For 5th Generation, 13 out of 82 families are Legendaries, which is around 1 in 6.3 Pokemon.

For 4th Generation, 13 out of 68 families are Legendaries, which is around 1 in 5.2 Pokemon.

Because it's a matter of how many, as such you should factor in all Pokemon without cutting things off for no real purpose other then to exaggerate something. The other Pokemon are there, so they should be factor in.

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
While it is great that each generation bring new pokemon, there really are too many.
1st gen - 5 legends.
2nd gen - 6 legends.
3rd gen - 10 legends.
4th gen - 14 legends.
5th gen - 13 legends.
That means 47/649 pokemon are legendary. That is a lot. It makes "legendary" into something common. Personally, I think 2nd gen had the best format. 1 trio + 1 duo + 1 pseudo cute thing.

How is 47/649 "too many" and "common"?

No there isn't too many legendary, furthermore I don't exactly see how having too many legendary is a problem.

☭Secret_Shocker☭

It's pretty much alright., since there's lots of Pokemon out there, and you could just choose not to capture them all.

Atratus

Antimatter Trainer
Just to make a comparison:

4.16% of all pokemon are Ghost type.
4.47% of all pokemon are Dragon type.
5.86% of all pokemon are Steel type.
6.32% of all pokemon are Fighting type.
7.24% of all pokemon are legendary.

Status
Not open for further replies.