• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

>>>> Closed Thread Container <<<<

Do you play with Nuzlocke rules?

• Yes!

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • No...

Votes: 30 58.8%
  • What the hell is Nuzlocke?

Votes: 7 13.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CliveKoopa

Arceus must be the worst idea ever, at that point i think they were just tryna outdo every previous pokemon, i get that you wanna up the stakes but a pokemon that created the universe?

Exactly. Why would that be a problem? The idea of a pokemon creating a universe filled with pokemon is quite intriguing.

DMerle

Guess who's back
How is that a horrible idea? In a world filled with mysterious creatures that have unique powers, why does it not make sense that there could be 1 possibly ultimate Pokemon?

Because there was no reason other than them trying to trump all the past pokemon.

Arceus; I created the universe.

Ash used masterball

Gotcha! Arceus was caught.

Last edited:

gamer_legend

Because there was no reason other than them trying to trump all the past pokemon.

Ash used masterball

What doesn't help Legendaries? Being thrown into movie which completely undermine their status because there are too many of them and movie ends up neglecting character development for all of them.

Whereas in the First Movie I was half expecting Mewtwo to break the Fourth Wall and say "Right! Now wheres my Golden Globe?"

DMerle

Guess who's back
What doesn't help Legendaries? Being thrown into movie which completely undermine their status because there are too many of them and movie ends up neglecting character development for all of them.

Whereas in the First Movie I was half expecting Mewtwo to break the Fourth Wall and say "Right! Now wheres my Golden Globe?"

You said that perfectly, every time they wanted something for a plot point there like, yeah new legendary. They were all so underdeveloped it's like they get a spotlight for one movie, one event, then there forgotten.

voicerocker

Platinum Master

Ash used masterball

Going by that logic, they should never have made Mewtwo, who was specifically made to be stronger than the other 150 Pokemon in Gen 1.

Arceus explained the creation of not only the Sinnoh region, but the entire Pokemon universe. But, if you notice its stats, they're all the same. It has the highest combined base stats at 720, but each stat is 120. Many Pokemon have various stats that greatly exceed 120. Just look at Mewtwo, with Speed at 130 and Sp. Atk at 154. Arceus is not unbeatable.

gliscor&yanmega

Ash used masterball

I'm pretty sure there being a "God" that is responsible for the creation of stuff is reason enough, plus it's hardly uncommon for such a thing, there's usual "Gods" of all sorts in plenty of franchises, there's always someone/something on top, Arceus is that someone/something.

DMerle

Guess who's back
Going by that logic, they should never have made Mewtwo, who was specifically made to be stronger than the other 150 Pokemon in Gen 1.

Arceus explained the creation of not only the Sinnoh region, but the entire Pokemon universe. But, if you notice its stats, they're all the same. It has the highest combined base stats at 720, but each stat is 120. Many Pokemon have various stats that greatly exceed 120. Just look at Mewtwo, with Speed at 130 and Sp. Atk at 154. Arceus is not unbeatable.

I was focusing less on in-game stats and more in the plot and anime. Also Mewtwo has a great backstory with the whole clone thing + we never got to see if it would of beaten Mew.

mankeyonmyback

Lass (I'm a GIRL)
I think the legendaries are getting a bid tedious. I think they'd be of more value if only 1 new legendary was added to each new generation. I get that each region has it's own legendaries, but it's like they try to make every new generation's legendaries better than the last, but they're just losing their significance. Least to me. I haven't really bothered collecting any legendaries past Gen 2.

Larry

I don't mind the amount of legendaries we have now it's all of this event crap that I don't like. Let's buy Black and White and then wait 2+ years before we can get a legit Genesect. Christ just have them in the game when we buy it.

Haunter ゴースト

If 1 Pokemon can be ruled unneccessary, ANY Pokemon could be ruled unneccessary.

Just as there are countless creatures in this world, there are just as many myths and legends filled with mysterious creatures: Bigfoot, Yeti, Loch Ness Monster, Chumpathingy lol....Not to mention completely fictional creatures like dragons and such. As long as each Pokemon's legend is unique, I see no problem with adding more.

I'm curious, which Legendary Pokemon do you think are just totally unneeded and why?

Yes but talking strictly on the legendaries, there are a lot of unneccessery ones considering the important ones have of them have a special origin of some sort surrounding them.

Before I go listing any, im just going to say that I do like ALL of the legendaries, I like their designs and roles in the anime and such, but even I have enough common sense to notice the ones that arn't needed besides their design features. Anyway, Im talking about ones such as:

-Latios and Latias (They were just rare dragon Pokemon, they had no real legendary relevance).
-Heatran (Simply a rare Pokemon living in a volcano).
-Manaphy (It was claimed as the king of the sea, but this spot really could have gone too Lugia or Kyogre).
-Phione (Almost a commoner Pokemon with no speciality).
-Shaymin (Simply a rare flower kind of Pokemon, not really a mega legendary, could have passed as a normal Pokemon).
-Tornadus, Thundurus and Landorus (Thunder Legendary of the sky and a Ground Legendary of the Ground, didn't Zapdos and Groudon. cover these? Not only that, but what really we're the genie trio covering? It can't be the weather considering Landorus is part ground).
-Keldeo (We had a trio of Musketeers, I don't understand fully why Keldeo was neccessery aside from existing to join the trio. I understand the musketeers did actually have four members, but why make Keldeo different in terms of being younger and weaker?)
-Meloetta? (She could have easily been a normal Pokemon instead of a simple singing Pokemon).

gamer_legend

You said that perfectly, every time they wanted something for a plot point there like, yeah new legendary. They were all so underdeveloped it's like they get a spotlight for one movie, one event, then there forgotten.

Thank's Dmerle =)

It's a shame though because the potential is there it's just never used properly.

CliveKoopa

Yes but talking strictly on the legendaries, there are a lot of unneccessery ones considering the important ones have of them have a special origin of some sort surrounding them.

Before I go listing any, im just going to say that I do like ALL of the legendaries, I like their designs and roles in the anime and such, but even I have enough common sense to notice the ones that arn't needed besides their design features. Anyway, Im talking about ones such as:

-Latios and Latias (They were just rare dragon Pokemon, they had no real legendary relevance).
-Manaphy (It was claimed as the king of the sea, but this spot really could have gone too Lugia or Kyogre).
-Shaymin (Simply a rare flower kind of Pokemon, not really a mega legendary, could have passed as a normal Pokemon).
-Tornadus, Thundurus and Landorus (Thunder Legendary of the sky and a Ground Legendary of the Ground, didn't Zapdos and Groudon. cover these? Not only that, but what really we're the genie trio covering? It can't be the weather considering Landorus is part ground).
-Keldeo (We had a trio of Musketeers, I don't understand fully why Keldeo was neccessery aside from existing to join the trio. I understand the musketeers did actually have four members, but why make Keldeo different in terms of being younger and weaker?)
-Meloetta? (She could have easily been a normal Pokemon instead of a simple singing Pokemon).

I agree a lot of those could pass as just regular pokemon. You could also add Darkrai, Victini, the three birds, the Regis, Deoxys and possibly others to that list too.

Aura Of Twilight

Forever Clueless
It'd be cool to see I'll admit, but players will need something else to do besides collecting gym badges to keep them entertained. A game like that would be massive.

randomspot555

I agree, having a Sinnoh/Unova game would be quite good. Hopefully they'll have a remake one of these days and include that little crossover too.

As someone who loves both Unova and Sinnoh, I'd hate for that to happen because it would mean the "Second" region would essentially become a shell of its former self ALA Kanto in Gen II.

SuperEpicRock

View attachment 4153

I think now it looks more like a 9.

How does that look more like a 9? It's basically the same shape, just stretched out a bit more.
If the 9 didn't have that "hump" I could see it, but as it is I just can't.

randomspot555

I don't mind the amount of legendaries we have now it's all of this event crap that I don't like. Let's buy Black and White and then wait 2+ years before we can get a legit Genesect. Christ just have them in the game when we buy it.

Not having Genosect...so what?

You can still fully play and enjoy Black/White and any possible future Gen 5 game without having Genosect.

If the enjoyment of a game hinges on you having a specific Pokemon available to you the moment the game boots up, you might want to consider playing something else.

I agree a lot of those could pass as just regular pokemon. You could also add Darkrai, Victini, the three birds, the Regis, Deoxys and possibly others to that list too.

People really have a misconception that "Legendary Pokemon" actually means something. All a Legendary Pokemon is is one that is deemed as such by the Powers-That-Be. People make these fan-list of "requirements" to be a Legendary, but inevitable, Game Freak manages to "break" these fan-made requirements in some form or another.

voicerocker

Platinum Master

Just attaching the term "Legendary Pokemon" adds appeal to a Pokemon, implying that those 47 Pokemon are different and superior in some way to the other 602. Simply put, it just makes them more interesting. But, I still fail to see why making those Pokemon Legendary is taking it too far. It gives players a chance to use a Legendary Pokemon if they don't happen to like the cover mascots. Having more variety in Pokemon to choose from pleases the fanbase as a whole.

Status
Not open for further replies.