• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

>>>> Closed Thread Container <<<<

Do you play with Nuzlocke rules?

• Yes!

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • No...

Votes: 30 58.8%
  • What the hell is Nuzlocke?

Votes: 7 13.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

(·-·)(o_O)

oh hai there
;155; :"Hi I'm cyndaquil"

SirLadette

I haven't played against other people since Silver, but I remember my friends getting pissy about me picking Pokemon seemingly at random and forgoing any real theme or strategy in favor of being random and/or douchey.

I remember i'd use Arbok when battling my friend afraid of snakes, Beedrill and Ariados when going up against any of my friends afraid of bugs/spiders, Qwilfish because screw you it's Qwilfish, and Sunflora in pretty much every battle because they all found it's face to be creepy. Yeah I was/am kind of a jerk.

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
I don't really do competitive stuff. I'm just not smart enough for it -- but thankfully most folks I know aren't, either. I managed to run a pseudo-SubPunch (I guess you'd call it that?) Cacturne against them. It usually worked nicely, and at least a few people (when I had an enforced "no legends" rule) got the shaft by it. It couldn't usually sweep a full set of six, but it left a big hole in a good many teams in the nonexistant Sugar Grove, IL casual Pokemon circle.

Last edited:

No. 1 Machop Fan

From what I heard, Pokémon Battle Revolution was a flop. I don't think they'll be making another.

BCVM22

From what I heard, Pokémon Battle Revolution was a flop.

Which makes no sense, as it sold well over a million copies worldwide - not on par with the franchise's top sellers, but not a "flop" by any means - but you heard it on the Internet so it must be true.

I don't think they'll be making another.

Which makes even less sense. Why wouldn't they eventually give Generation V its own means of battling via a console title?

Last edited:

rohit_1997

Wait,what!?
...i just hope that they make a pokemon game more like tenkaichi 3/street fighter(without the map limitaion) where you get to press a combination of different buttons to get an attack instead of the usual 4 buttons along with a difficulty option

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
They've never once announced anything of the sort at an American press event before it was unveiled in Japan. This year will be no different.

Actually. XD was revealed at E3 in the same week as Japan and Colosseum, Box & Channel were announced at E3

SimH8

The lack of a wired means of connecting the 3DS or any of the DS family to any external hardware makes this unlikely if not outright impossible.

Really? I don't know much about technology but I doubt it would be particularly hard.

Megh

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I hope a main series game is coming to 3ds at some point, the DS versions look kinda blurry on 3ds.
*Rubs 3ds* You'll get your turn...

Megh

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Le me playing Ruby
*Starts new game for some reason*
*Picks Treecko*
Rival battle:
TORCHIC used SCRATCH!
It's a critical hit! ZEPHYR (the Treecko) fainted!

Me: *facepalm*
Later...
Birch: I hear your beat Brendan on your first try!
Me: ;_;

Megh

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Ok, so I'm fighting in the Spring Friendly. It's down to my Lapras and the opponent's Garchomp. We were both at low health. My Lapras had the speed advantage, and I planned to wipe Garchomp out with Blizzard.

It was in the bag.
But then...
Garchomp avoided the attack!

FUUUUUUUU-

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
I would just really like to see an up to date Pokemon Stadium. It was simple yet very fun. I'd love to be able to play DS games on a TV.

The lack of a wired means of connecting the 3DS or any of the DS family to any external hardware makes this unlikely if not outright impossible.

Really? I don't know much about technology but I doubt it would be particularly hard.

The Good/bad news is that I've had a think about GB tower-like functions.

The good: It's Technically Viable on the Wii and therefore Wii U. You can give the Console with the ROMs of the games. You then load the Save file off the DS game. I think is that what they did with Stadium games and Box RS. The Wii is more than powerful enough to run a DS game, as shown by Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Echoes of Time. (The Wii version is more or less the DS version with a few tweeks. IGN also says so: http://youtu.be/2BPsbB8n9Xs )

Bad: Multiplayer functions may need to be disabled on the Wii. Saving is going to be cumbersome, you need to connect to the DS every time want to save, which generally means leaving the DS on. It's annoying on Box RS given the way you need to turn on your GBA. I almost hardly ever used that funtion in my copy or RS. The interface is designed to work on two screens, it's going to be a lot better if you chose to change the screen layout to work better on a single screen, However the Wii U tablet may render that moot. You need to have Roms of the game you're going to use, so if they don't have White, you don't play it. This issue already seen in the last two Box like games. Finally the cost, if you're going to tweek a DS game to work on the Wii, you've probably done more than enough to make a new game.

Spacial

procrastination
I don't have a 3DS, and I think that the reason they won't make B/W 2 for the 3DS is because not enough people who buy pokemon games have 3DSs. There are a few 3Dish games for the Wii, though

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
Le me playing Ruby
*Starts new game for some reason*
*Picks Treecko*
Rival battle:
TORCHIC used SCRATCH!
It's a critical hit! ZEPHYR (the Treecko) fainted!

Me: *facepalm*
Later...
Birch: I hear your beat Brendan on your first try!
Me: ;_;

I can't believe Birch said that! So sad for losing to May.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Many of the spinoff games this gen have been terribly underwhelming. I mean, the only remotely decent ones are Rumble Blast and maybe Conquest (although I personally have no interest in it, but meh). Where's the Stadium/Colosseum/XD/Battle Revolution (personally I hope for a Colosseum/XD type game)? Where's the Ranger game? And where in Arceus name is Mystery Dungeon 3? Hopefully in the time between BW2 and the next main series game we'll get some good ones.

Rayquaza Master777

#1 May Fanboy
I wouldn't mind another Shadow Pokemon game, perhaps a sequel to XD.

Status
Not open for further replies.