• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

>>>> Closed Thread Container <<<<

Do you play with Nuzlocke rules?

• Yes!

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • No...

Votes: 30 58.8%
  • What the hell is Nuzlocke?

Votes: 7 13.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rainion

Long Awaited Champio
Tough Decision

I need some assistance deciding between buying HGSS or BW. I haven't consistently played Pokemon for a few years, about a year after DP. I still browse communities occasionally and replay Emerald intensely to satisfy the crave and the old feelings I used to get, but that's really just sticking to the past. I'd like to be able to play competitively without it having to be local and just get back into it.

Here's where I'm stuck. GSC was my 2nd personal favorite generation(simply because I was a little older when RSE came out) and I realize it has the best story of the generations that I played along with a really cool atmosphere, soundtrack, and more. It'd be really cool to play an up-to-date version of it. With that, though, aren't I still kinda keeping to the past? Does HGSS integrate at all well with BW? What are the pros and cons of each and if I were to go the HGSS route, would I still be able to compete against people of BW?

If anyone could help answer these questions, I'd be grateful. ^.^

I think the BW brings along a whole new metagame, along with the different tiers, etc. HGSS would be more like replaying Gold / Silver with add ons.. whereas B/W provides you with a whole new 150 pokes? If you want to play competitive, it'd be better if you bought B/W.

randomspot555

The best Pokemon game is always going to be the current generation's release. The benefit from there is you'll have far more Wi-Fi battling/trading partners, events are held for it, and so on. You can always trade for the older Pokemon, or catch them post-E4, or even find some in the Dream World.

Then if you are still craving more Pokemon, then go back and get HGSS.

SugarFreeJazz

not present
Since you didn't say why you had to make the tough decision, I'm going to assume it's due to not having enough money. If that's the case, it might be in your best interest to get HGSS now, and wait awhile for BW, since it's still considerably more expensive. I have't played either of the games myself, so I can't help you decide based on "fun factor". When I get back to the U.S. though, HGSS will be the first game that I buy.

Aegon

If you want to compete in Wi-Fi battles, buy BW. You can't use HGSS (Gen IV games) to play against BW players (Gen V games). If you want to get back up to speed with the franchise, buy Black and White, as sequels to the two games will be released in the coming months.

I don't see why you can't just get one now and buy the other one in a few months.

SugarFreeJazz

not present
BW would be better for getting back up to speed with the franchise, but HGSS would be better with getting back into the franchise. Especially if GSC was one of your favorites.

Morty05

Ghost-type trainer
about last part of your question: no you will not be able to interact with BW if you have HG/SS apart from poke-transfering ( basically pal-parking) so if you are worried about interaction I would suggest buying BW.

T.W.I.

Undercover Rocket
I think you should get HGSS for a few reasons

1 - much longer gameplay: more catch-able Pokemon [safari zone, pokewalker, etc.] BW has the DW, but its almost usless to most peopl. HGSS also has TWO regions. Unlike the original GSC Kanto is fleshed out quite a bit and doesnt seem as rushed (Johto is still bigger however). The 'contest' type game in here (Pokeathalon) is actually pretty fun and definitely re-playable. It also comes with a nice Battle Frontier (since you say you like Emerald). BW has the subway, which is like a mini frontier, but its quite dry imo.

2 - the "best" form of competitive battling is in PO. Finding proper standard 6 on 6 battles will not be on nintendo wifi for either game. However, should you enjoy VGC style, get BW since there is a random wifi option with pretty interested battle styles.

From my experience, HGSS is good enough to 'replace' the original GSC, and GSC was my fav generation. I'll admit, I was very anti BW when it came out, but then grew to LOVE the new additions. However, as I said before, shorter gameplay. Now my game simply functions as tool to play random wifi :S Even so, on random wifi there are so many sore losers and its kinda slow, so it's not the 'best' place to battle. PO (an online simulator) however has much better battlers, faster battles, more accepted pokemon than in random wifi but has 1 main flaw...it's dry. No battle animations, no moving Pokemon, nuffin. Just sprites, click, and done.

True, there are 150ish new Pokemon available. However, if you are a 'classicist' many mons will look....odd...to you. If you enjoy catching new mons get BW, but if you dont mind the old ones get HGSS

32er

TM87? I got TM32 :]
If you wanna play GSC again more but with added features, go for HGSS.
If you want a whole new game with new Pokemon more, get BW.

Jonah the Slaking

Couch-bound Warrior
In my opinion, BW has a better storyline than the other games. If story quality is what you want, look no further than BW. I do have to say, however, that like a lot of Pokemon games, BW's playability after the story is over is...limited, to say the least. It's easy to lose interest. Whether this is the case with HGSS, I don't know; as I haven't played its postgame yet.

Dragon Trainer X

良い感じ!
BW seems to give players more to enjoy, from a brand new, just as interesting story, several rivals instead of just one, the Battle Subway (sadly, instead of the Battle Frontier), and a lot more things. Plus, the events are being held for this one, as well as having a more competitive Wifi battling room. It's more up to date, so I'd say get BW from personal experience. HGSS was good, but my first statement stands.

EspNeon

Badge Collector
It's a tough decision. Black/White have new Pokemon (before you unlock the national dex), new gym leaders, villains and rivals as well as a great storyline plot. HeartGold/SoulSilver is a revamped GCS with Gen 3&4 Pokemon and updated features. So it really depends on what you're looking for. You could easily find people too have a competitive battle with aswell.

My suggestion is to go for HeartGold/SoulSilver. I prefer Gen 4 so I am slightly biased there but with Black/White 2 are remakes of Black/White and are due for release later this year, so it may be better to buy a different game with a different storyline.

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
Buy B/W New and attempt to get a used copy of HG/SS.

But if you REALLY had to settle for one, get B/W.

cn11

HG/SS has ton of aftergame, but B/W has a much more original storyline, and the aftergame isn't terrible, and in my opinion D/P had less aftergame than B/W. I wpuld pick B/W.

pokechamp219

Scottish Octopuses:P
This might be a troll, or this could be speculation, but..

I was checking my email, then I noticed a new message in my Spam folder. I like to read them (for giggles) but this one stood out. This was sent to at least 20 people, according to the email. This is most likely spam.

"こんにちは!あなたはポケットモンスター狂信的ではない場合、これは退屈かもしれません..のスタジオで周りに詮索しながら私は、この宣伝文句を見つけた株式会社ゲームフリーク恐竜と海ヘビのいくつかの並べ替えと紙の上。場所?の玄関の近くに田尻智のオフィス。彼らは新しい見える。覚えておいて、あなたは私からそれを聞いていなかった〜"ポケットモンスタールビーとサファイア2!第三地域を探索!神話をキャッチカイオーガとグラードン!バトルマグマダンとアクアダン!イベントのルビーとサファイアの後、大人のトレーナーのユウキは、マグマ·ダンとアクア段の計画を阻止するための新しい聖なる島への旅にオフに設定します12歳を設定します。彼らは、新しいプランを持っている!?彼らは、レックウザを制御し、完全にカイオーガとグラードンの力を使用するには、チャンバー内にそれをトラップするために、両方の計画です!他に何が起こるのだろうか?"しかし、テキストの残りの部分はどちらステンドまたは単に目的のために、奇妙なマーケティングやデザインのいくつかの並べ替えに行われました。私はこれが拒否された概念であった場合、それはゴミ箱の近くにあったかわからない。私はトラブルや逮捕され得ることができる知っているが、私は世界が知っている必要がありと感じました。自分に関しては、太閤Sasheroi。Undo editsKon'nichiwa! Anata wa pokettomonsutā kyōshin-tekide wanai baai, kore wa taikutsu kamo shiremasen.. No sutajio de mawari ni sensaku shinagara watashi wa, kono senden monku o mitsuketa Kabushikigaisha gēmufurīku kyōryū to umi hebi no ikutsu ka no narabe-gae to kami no ue. Basho? No genkan no chikaku ni tajiri satoshi no ofisu. Karera wa atarashī mieru. Oboete oite, anata wa watashi kara sore o kiite inakatta 〜 " Pokettomonsutārubī to safaia 2! Dai san chiiki o tansaku! Shinwa o kyatchikaiōga to gurādon! Batorumagumadan to akuadan! Ibento no rubī to safaia no ato, otona no torēnā no yūki wa, maguma· dan to akua dan no keikaku o soshi suru tame no atarashī seinaru shima e no tabi ni ofu ni settei shimasu 12-sai o settei shimasu. Karera wa, atarashī puran o motte iru! ? Karera wa, rekkūza o seigyo shi, kanzen ni kaiōga to gurādon no chikara o shiyō suru ni wa, chanbā-nai ni sore o torappu suru tame ni, ryōhō no keikakudesu! Hoka ni nani ga okoru nodarou ka? " Shikashi, tekisuto no nokori no bubun wa dochira sutendo matawa tan'ni mokuteki no tame ni, kimyōna māketingu ya dezain no ikutsu ka no narabe-gae ni okonawa remashita. Watashi wa kore ga kyohi sa reta gainendeatta baai, soreha gomibako no chikaku ni atta ka wakaranai. Watashi wa toraburu ya taiho sa re eru koto ga dekiru chi tte iruga, watashi wa sekai ga shitte iru hitsuyō ga ari to kanjimashita. Jibun ni kanshite wa, taikō Sasheroi."

I tried using Google translate but it made no sense. All I know is that it said something about Magma-dan and Rayquaza. Maybe a new game or B/W 2 news? Or a new anime episode? I dunno.

abrar14

Statter Master
You! Hello "if not fanatical Pocket Monsters, which I, some of the dinosaurs and sea snake Game Freak, Inc. found a catchword snooping around in the studio while this might be boring .. their office. of Satoshi Tajiri must remember. new look, you are sapphire and 2 ~ "Pokemon Ruby did not hear it from me near the entrance of? place. on a piece of paper and sort! Third exploring the area! Catch and Guradon Kaioga the myth! Battle and Akuadan magma Dan! Ruby and sapphire after the event, organic adult trainer, set the 12-year-old sets off on a journey to the holy island new plan to stop the Magma and Aqua stages of Dan. They have a new plan! ? They control the Rekkuuza, to use the power of Guradon Kaioga and completely, in order to trap it into the chamber, the plans for both! What will happen to others? "But the rest of the text is for the purpose, was held to some sort of design marketing and strange or simply stained either. If I was a concept which has been rejected, it is trash I do not know that ~Tsu access to near. I know it is possible to obtain the arrest of trouble and, with respect to their own. I felt and I have the world know that, Sasheroi. Undo editsKon'nichiwa Taiko! Anata wa pokettomonsutā kyōshin-tekide wanai baai, kore wa taikutsu kamo shiremasen .. No sutajio de mawari ni sensaku shinagara watashi wa, kono senden monku o mitsuketa Kabushikigaisha gēmufurīku kyōryū to umi hebi no ikutsu ka no narabe-gae to kami no ue. Basho ? No genkan no chikaku ni tajiri satoshi no ofisu. Karera wa atarashī mieru. Oboete oite, anata wa watashi kara sore o kiite inakatta ~ "Pokettomonsutārubī to safaia 2! Dai san chiiki o tansaku! Shinwa o kyatchikaiōga to gurādon! Batorumagumadan to akuadan! Ibento no rubī to safaia no ato, otona no torēnā no yūki wa, maguma · dan to akua dan no keikaku o soshi suru tame no atarashī seinaru shima e no tabi ni ofu ni settei shimasu 12-sai o settei shimasu. Karera wa, atarashī puran o motte iru!? Karera wa, rekkūza o seigyo shi, kanzen ni kaiōga to gurādon no chikara o shiyō suru ni wa, chanbā-nai ni sore o torappu suru tame ni, ryōhō no keikakudesu! Hoka ni nani ga okoru nodarou ka? "Shikashi, tekisuto no nokori no bubun wa dochira sutendo matawa tan'ni mokuteki no tame ni, kimyōna māketingu ya dezain no ikutsu ka no narabe-gae ni okonawa remashita. Watashi wa kore ga kyohi sa reta gainendeatta baai, soreha gomibako no chikaku ni atta ka wakaranai. Watashi wa toraburu ya taiho sa re eru koto ga dekiru chi tte iruga, watashi wa sekai ga shitte iru hitsuyō ga ari to kanjimashita. Jibun ni kanshite wa, taikō Sasheroi.

Thats what google trasnlate says

Status
Not open for further replies.