• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

>>>> Closed Thread Container <<<<

Do you play with Nuzlocke rules?

• Yes!

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • No...

Votes: 30 58.8%
  • What the hell is Nuzlocke?

Votes: 7 13.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

pokechamp219

Scottish Octopuses:P
I don't know, actually, I deleted it after this post. All I know is that it was in Japanese.

pokechamp219

Scottish Octopuses:P
I agree. But it's most likely spam. But interesting.. why Ruby and Sapphire 2? Seems interesting.

Casp3r

DaRkRaI Go!!!!!
BW has awesome tremendous gameplay. Long lasting and fun and it surpasses all previous generations, in terms of gameplay.
With that said, BW is The generation with the most horrendous dull boring looking Pokemon. Not one of those new pokemon is in my current party so their all rotting in my box. It probably bias since I started with the first generation but I still stand by it.

Because of that, just get HG or SS for now so you can trade those awesome pokemons to the new B/W2 coming out later this year.

Noctali

Umbreon
I guess that would be a tough decision. You could get BW since it's more up to date, and get HGSS later on. I'm sure you could find it cheaper on eBay or something.
You could also just wait until BW2 is released I suppose.

zozo

SLIMED!
Maybe take a look at some of the pokemon that have been released in Unova? If you find that you're getting excited about the thought of training them, then just go for B/W for now and then maybe backtrack and enjoy HG/SS later on. If you're finding that you just don't care for the designs and you really have little desire to train these new pokemon regardless of their competitive use, or you're simply more excited about trying some new stuff in a remake of a game you really loved, then just go for HG/SS which you know you will enjoy. Maybe later as B2/W2 come out, you'll be more interested in jumping into 5th Gen.

It really doesn't matter too much which one you get now, as you will be able to get in at least some competitive play with both. So just go for the one you think you'll get the most enjoyment out of. Have fun deciding which one to get! :)

Honeyichigo

The manliest
... That's an incredibly odd piece of spam for you to get. Regardless, I doubt this has any relation to anything official at all, because japanese spam mail to english-speakers is not exactly the best way to announce something... I would be interested to see a translation that's not absolute gibberish, though.

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
Send it to Pokejungle. He speaks Japanese and he's usually the guy who reports rumors and stuff.

Flame Mistress

If it's the case of you not having enough money to buy both of them at the same time, buy a (preferably used) copy of HGSS - it's cheaper, it has more features and longer gameplay, and since GSC were your favourite games, it will help you get back into Pokemon. Then once you've gotten back into it and have enough money, get BW. If you're just in for the trading, competitive battling, events, better storyline, and so on, get BW.

Rainion

Long Awaited Champio
Thank you all for your help. ^.^ Looks like I'm going to get BW first and if I get bored of it(even if I don't), by then I'll be able to get HGSS. The reason I probably need to get BW is because I REALLY need to get caught up with the series. Is there anyone that could tell me exactly which gameplay/battle/stat mechanics have changed from 3rd gen to 5th?

Chibi_Muffin

Smart Cookie
There's the physical/special split for one - now, a move being physical or special doesn't depend on its type e.g. Fire punch is now physical, and Shadow Ball is now special.

Exp is a bit different too - in BW, lower levled Pokemon get more exp.

I'd also recommend skimming through the Pokedex, Attackdex and maybe the Item and Ability dexes as well, just so you know a bit more before you play. =)

Howie Cheeto

If i'm not mistaken, in Gen V you can now continue adding EV's to Pokemon that are at lv.100. Also, i really enjoy how the battle sprites are animated in BW as it was something i always wanted to see.

I was sort of on the same boat, as i missed out a bit on Gen III and Gen IV. I got White version when it first came out and then half a year later i got SoulSilver. The Pokemon walking along with you in SS was the feature that did it for me.

EpicVaporeon1026

Water Trainer
I've always loved vaporeon because of it's beautiful appearence.And how it looks like a mouse-dolphin-thingy! :D

The movie Lucario and the mystery of Mew made me want to get Lucario, Weavile, and Mew when pokemon diamond came out. And i wanted to get Arcanine in pokemon games all because of Gary freakin' Oak!

Nyarlathotep

Eldritch Abomination
The visual and the type combination are the most important aspects.
If the Pokémon is approved by me in both aspects, I get it without a doubt.

It must be of one of these types: Bug, Ghost, Steel or Poison. I use other types, but I like one or two Pokémon of each. I like bugs and ghost because of their creative designs and inspirations, even though I am afraid of both in real life. Steel because I love robots and mechanical things. Poison because all of them have freaking badass designs.

I appreciate Pokémon like Ninetales and Zoroark, even though they aren't of the aforementioned types, because their inspirations are amusing (both are based on Kitsune).

Status
Not open for further replies.