• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

>>>> Closed Thread Container <<<<

Do you play with Nuzlocke rules?

• Yes!

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • No...

Votes: 30 58.8%
  • What the hell is Nuzlocke?

Votes: 7 13.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Necro101

I would say sort your box by level range like 1-10 in this box...etc and make one or two box reserved for the Pokemon you train. If you do some breeding or EV training make an EV trained box and a perfect or almost perfect IV box and a box for your shinies you haven't trained. I usually do something of that sort.

RAWK ON

(·-·)(o_O)

oh hai there
I suggest seperating them by type then just put the legendaries and special pokemon in other boxes

MonoclePenguin

First of May
Constant Nuzlock Pokemon Marathon for Charity Hope for the Warriors!!

http://marathonman.net/

These guys are running from June 1st till June 4th doing all the gens of pokemon for the above named charity. If you donate $5 you can get a pokeball that they made themselves. They have tons more information on their site. You don't have to watch or even donate but it is greatly appreciated if you do either. If this is in the wrong spot, please let me know where to move it.

Coey890

Optimistic Geek
I separate them by type, and I also have a few boxes for party pokemon, legendaries, and some others for plain old messy storage. :)

"Spite" DefaultAsAwesome

I sort them by type, so, say, the cave consist of rock types and ground types, the ocean consists of water types and ice types, the mountain consists of normal types and dragon types, the volcano consists of fire types, the city consists of ghost types, psychic types, fighting types, and dark types (if there's not enough space, I place them wherever else I feel fit), I put Tornadus, the only mono-type flying type in the mountain box, I put bug types and grass types in the forest, and the plains consist of anything else that won't fit.

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
Why do so many people sort by type? Doesn't that get confusing? If you have a Lotad, do you have to put it in the Water box or the Grass box? And wouldn't you often have more than 30 of one type? Seems like more trouble than it's worth.

I would say sort your box by level range like 1-10 in this box...etc and make one or two box reserved for the Pokemon you train.

I used to do it this way and it got annoying fast.

What I do is my first box is Pokemon I use a lot for in-game tasks, such a Flame Body egg hatcher and a catcher (Parasect w/ Spore and False Swipe) HM slaves, a foreign Ditto, a Smeargle, my six in-game team, etc. Then I have 2-3 boxes for fully EV trained Pokemon, one for Pokemon I'm currently training or plan to train, a box for event Pokemon, and one for my synchronizers (I have a box of 25 Munna with Synchronize, one with each nature. That makes it easy to get almost any Pokemon I want with a certain nature. I'm thinking about do the same thing with Ditto for everstone nature breeding.) And then I have eight boxes for Dream World females so I can have access to them anytime and not just rely on the DW. (If you want to get all the hidden abilitiy females it takes seven full boxes and a little bit of an eighth.) That leaves about 5-6 boxes for storing random Pokemon I caught during the game or to complete the Pokedex, or whatever.

Sunset Star

The DS Gamer
But why did you use the Master Ball on a Bronzong? You should never waste it on a "common" Pokémon, I guess

(Dialga's catch rate isn't too low, don't give up on the Ultra Balls)

I think actually ran out of Ultra Balls trying to catch him. (That also happened with Mewtwo in SS. The Ultra Balls, I mean) Although I did manage to catch a Chatot in an Ultra Ball, which has the same catch rate as Dialga. Of course, I've restarted about 7 times since then...​

Aegon

What I do is my first box is Pokemon I use a lot for in-game tasks, such a Flame Body egg hatcher and a catcher (Parasect w/ Spore and False Swipe) HM slaves, a foreign Ditto, a Smeargle, my six in-game team, etc. Then I have 2-3 boxes for fully EV trained Pokemon, one for Pokemon I'm currently training or plan to train, a box for event Pokemon, and one for my synchronizers (I have a box of 25 Munna with Synchronize, one with each nature. That makes it easy to get almost any Pokemon I want with a certain nature. I'm thinking about do the same thing with Ditto for everstone nature breeding.) And then I have eight boxes for Dream World females so I can have access to them anytime and not just rely on the DW. (If you want to get all the hidden abilitiy females it takes seven full boxes and a little bit of an eighth.) That leaves about 5-6 boxes for storing random Pokemon I caught during the game or to complete the Pokedex, or whatever.
This is exactly the way I organise my boxes, although I designate less boxes to DW females, giving the remainder to my RNGs. I find this to be the most helpful and straightforward approach to box-organising.

Geekachu

I always arrange my Pokemon in numerical order, so when this problem with BW arose I just named the boxes '-030', '-060' etc., thus indicating 'all Pokemon up to #30' and 'all Pokemon between #30 and #60', which works fine for me. I'm not much of a competitive battler so ordering my boxes this way is most effective for filling up my Pokedex.

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
I sort my boxes as thus;
1-9; Battle; contains my EV-trained non-Shinies. All sorted in National Dex order. They are numbered; box 1 is "Battle 1", box 2 is "Battle 2", and so forth.
10-11; Shiny; contains my EV-trained Shinies, plus one low-level Shiny Pikachu that uses the FEAR strategy. All sorted in National Dex order. Also numbered- "Shiny 1" and "Shiny 2".
12; To train; contains the Pokémon I intend to EV train. I also use it to temporarily store certain Pokémon that I intend to otherwise make use of in the future, such as a pair of Wobbuffet I intend to breed, my cousin's Panpour I'm going to trade back to him, a female Jigglypuff I've been using for Cute Charm, and a low-level Bagon to make use of the Repel trick during Wynaut swarms. Currently houses the six Eggs that will hatch into my Black 2 team.
13-15; To trade; contains the Pokémon I keep as trade fodder, such as Dream World females, leftovers from breeding projects, extra legendaries, et cetera.
16; Eggs; contains leftover Pokémon Eggs which I trade away over GTS negotiations. Ideally, I trade an Egg for another Egg. It's fun trying to guess what might be in the one you recieve.
17; Natures; contains my Synchronizers and my various foreign Ditto for the Masuda Method.
18; Events; contains my event Pokémon, such as an extra Mewtwo, two Ash's Pikachu, two Japanese Pikachu-Colored Pichu, and a bunch of the Shiny legendary gerbils and Celebi from GameStop. Also contains a few Pokémon I consider to have stupendous sentimental value- the Patrat and Lillipup that were my first two captures of Unova. Also a formerly Shadow Croconaw and a Smeargle with Reshiram and Zekrom's signature moves.
19-21; Reserves; contains the Pokémon I rotate on and off my in-game team. Usually they're from Pokémon games past, but there are some exceptions. They only go into rotation if I've really bonded with them.
22; Unown; houses my Unown collection, sorted in alphabetical order. Aside from the collectibility, I use them as a "keyboard" of sorts on GTS negotiations when I want to convey something specific to the other guy. For instance, this one guy tried to pass off his level 3 Mewtwo and a Shiny Chimchar in a Dream Ball, so I used my Unown to spell "SCREW YOU HACKER" and promptly disconnected on him.
23-24; Legends; houses my legendary Pokémon, sorted by National Dex order. Only one of each. They're numbered "Legends1" and "Legends2".

Aegon

22; Unown; houses my Unown collection, sorted in alphabetical order. Aside from the collectibility, I use them as a "keyboard" of sorts on GTS negotiations when I want to convey something specific to the other guy. For instance, this one guy tried to pass off his level 3 Mewtwo and a Shiny Chimchar in a Dream Ball, so I used my Unown to spell "SCREW YOU HACKER" and promptly disconnected on him.
This is the true reason for collecting Unown.

Darth Revan

Coming Out!
By type of course

Duskreaver

Bug Maniac
My boxes are called "001+", "031+", "061+" etc up unto the third to last one ("631+"). They hold my entire collection in numerical order, including every stage of every pokémon.

My second to last box is called "Formes" and holds different formes of pokémon, like the other five Rotom, the other Shellos/Gastrodon, etc etc

My last box is called "Teams" and holds about everything leftover, including what I'm training or trading right then.

Sadly, there's no space on there for my Unown or most of my events or duplicate legendaries, so those still reside in 4th Gen until called upon. =(

Rainion

Long Awaited Champio
A few of the NPCs hand berries out upon defeating you. And there are two timed events (one daily, one every Sunday night) that'll give you either a Lum Berry every day, or a Lum/Bluk/something/something berry every Sunday evening.

And don't worry about reading up on game changes and what not. Almost all of it is explained in the game somehow, usually within the first 20 minutes of play.

The best big change though is the "low HP" sounds. Instead of a repetitive sound, it now mixes the sound into the battling music.
That's no fun. I kinda took pride in growing them. :p Oh, well.

Status
Not open for further replies.