• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

>>>> Closed Thread Container <<<<

Do you play with Nuzlocke rules?

• Yes!

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • No...

Votes: 30 58.8%
  • What the hell is Nuzlocke?

Votes: 7 13.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Profesco

gone gently
http://marathonman.net/

These guys are running from June 1st till June 4th doing all the gens of pokemon for the above named charity. If you donate $5 you can get a pokeball that they made themselves. They have tons more information on their site. You don't have to watch or even donate but it is greatly appreciated if you do either. If this is in the wrong spot, please let me know where to move it.

Pretty cool. Best of luck with the cause.

Profesco

gone gently
I need some assistance deciding between buying HGSS or BW. I haven't consistently played Pokemon for a few years, about a year after DP. I still browse communities occasionally and replay Emerald intensely to satisfy the crave and the old feelings I used to get, but that's really just sticking to the past. I'd like to be able to play competitively without it having to be local and just get back into it.

Here's where I'm stuck. GSC was my 2nd personal favorite generation(simply because I was a little older when RSE came out) and I realize it has the best story of the generations that I played along with a really cool atmosphere, soundtrack, and more. It'd be really cool to play an up-to-date version of it. With that, though, aren't I still kinda keeping to the past? Does HGSS integrate at all well with BW? What are the pros and cons of each and if I were to go the HGSS route, would I still be able to compete against people of BW?

If anyone could help answer these questions, I'd be grateful. ^.^

This is not an advice board. Though if you have questions like this in the future, we do have a Pokemon Questions thread.

Profesco

gone gently
This thread is about what pokemon you have different names for, like rotom = scrotom. or megustran for heatran.

my favorite is calling me steelix screelix.

We already have a nicknames thread.

Also, your disrespect to Rotom is hideous.

Profesco

gone gently
Hi!

How do you guys number your pokémon box? I'm a perfectionist and seems that I can't use more than 4 numbers in a pokébox name.

How do you guys do it? I tryed to do it with a O instaid of a 0. But seems that that isn't enough.

Ideas? Wonder who is the most creative. :p

If you're asking something specific about Gen 5, use the 5th Gen subforum. In any case, we already have a thread about managing your PC boxes.

cptmyname

My sceptile got so much "Y U NO USE VENUSAUR" It wasn't even funny

Blazeing Man

proffesional artist
i am a charizard user....
for some reason EVERYONE SEEMS TO THINK THEY ARE ONLY USED BY LITTLE KIDDIE N00BS

NOT ALL CHARIZARD USERS AR N00BS OK????

my charizard can beat you in a battle i think.

Madarao

Honshu Wolf
My Embore makes my friend mad every time... but it's only because she uses grass type Pokemon nearly 24/7. Of course, I am a fire type fanatic so... she always gets mad at me for using fire types. *eye roll*

XXD17

Draco rex
For me it probably has to be crustle...I love this pokemon...I use a jolly sturdy/ shell smash set and it can totally take teams without priority by surprise...they first time I broke it out, people merely thought it would be a mediocre wall...I love crustle...

The Red Thunder

Backwards thinking?
Shuckle, but I have no idea why!! They gave the little boss power split so now he can hit harder and take even more hits. But for some reason my power split+rock slide+rest shuckle always gets crap. And they still keep him in NU, despite being amazing. I may be biased because he's my absolute favorite pokemon, but he can't be that bad... Can someone please explain this to me?

I gotta agree, Power Split Sturdy Shuckle can be quite mean if you play him right. But, you gotta know what you're doing with him because if you're not prepared, his massive defenses won't do much good.

I think the problem with him though is his abysmally low speed and HP, and that the Power Split gimmick takes a turn to set up. Not to mention, the weakness to Stealth Rock. I mean, when he comes in, he's going to lose 25% of his HP, which he doesn't have a lot of. Then, you have to use Power Split, and hope you don't get KO'd. The problem is that since Shuckle's speed is so low, he nearly always goes last (unless you have something like Quick Claw, Trick Room, or your opponent uses a low-priority move like Roar/Whirlwind). Of course, when he survives the first turn and gets the Power Split, you weaken your opponent by a ton (since Shuckle's attack stats are abysmal too), and you can Rest up your HP and you have a created a monster.

The problem is still being able to survive. If your opponent has a Pokemon with higher speed than Shuckle (which is almost every Pokemon in the game, let's face it), and gets STAB on either Water or Rock ... they can easily get the upper hand. Personally, if I was going to make a Shuckle counter, it would be a Rock Head Relicanth. Relicanth's attack stats aren't that high, which means Power Split won't have TOO much of an effect on him, and won't give Shuckle that much of a boost especially if you've already used Power Split once before. He's going to outspeed Shuckle, and can trap him in combat with Whirlpool. Then, can proceed to deal a large chunk of damage to Shuckle using Head Smash. Thing is that Head Smash has 150 power (becoming 275 power with STAB, and 550 because it's super effective) ... with no recoil thanks to Rock Head. Shuckle's great Defense won't do much good here with such low HP, and Power Split isn't going to affect the power of the opponent's move, only the stat used for it. Add into that, Relicanth's 130 Defense, and even Shuckle's Rock Slide probably won't OHKO, even if you used Power Split on something with great Attack and still managed to survive.

But, that's just me and I'm no expert on competitive play. And besides, the new Sturdy mechanic they introduced in Fifth Gen really gave Shuckle some much-needed love. Play him right, and he can be a MEAN little bugger.

Last edited:

☭Secret_Shocker☭

My game crashed when I got arceus with a Pokeball. That was real close.

Hywel

Scientific explanations for pokemon types and moves.

In this thread, pick a pokemon type, and make a scientifically plausible explanation for what they are, and what they can do. For example:

Water
Water type pokemon can compress large ammounts of water into their bodies, and their bodies are mostly made of water. They are also very hydrodynamic, allowing them to swim well.

Grei

not the color
Rock.
Rock-type Pokemon are born with soil and sediment lining or morphed around their bodies, giving them tough outer shells made of stone and minerals. As they move across the ground, they pick up more sediments to toughen their shells.

A Mew

Not a glitch
Ice.
Pure ice-type Pokémon are made out of ice compressed hard enough to stop themselves from melting. They suck up the moisture from the air and use it to form a constantly renewing protective ice-cold shell. They can form ice and snow at will by using the energy stored in their bodies.

Last edited:

Cosmos

Grass:
They use the sun as their pure source of food making sugar and eating it. All have roots that will take in water from the soil.

ShadowKyogre443

오션 마스터
I only use shiny Pokemon in battle, and I'm sure people get ticked about it behind my back.
But, I really like Cryogonal for some reason.

Fire:
Their body mostly consists of lava. The outer body cools off when exposed to the colder climate but the inner body remains hot. They can use this lava to attack others when needed. Holding them could result into burns on holder skin.

Status
Not open for further replies.