• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

>>>> Closed Thread Container <<<<

Do you play with Nuzlocke rules?

• Yes!

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • No...

Votes: 30 58.8%
  • What the hell is Nuzlocke?

Votes: 7 13.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Italianbaptist

Informed Casual
What if the Pokestar characters were legit Pokemon?

So as those of us who frequent the updates on B2/W2 know, in Pokewood/Pokestar Studios, you're able to have battles with characters that aren't Pokemon (see the page for details). No doubt hackers are already poring over the games with ways to add these into their regular Pokemon teams, and I won't be surprised if one day i'm double battling on wi-fi against Brycenman and Mecha-Tyranitar.

Nevertheless, this isn't the place to talk about hacking, but I do wanna throw a hypothetical out there. Some of these "pseudo-Pokemon" have typings never before seen in the series (Brycenman is Dark/Psychic for example), and most of them have stats close to Mew or Shaymin. So my question is, how do you think these new dudes would affect the metagame if they were actual Pokemon? What would their counters, partners, etc. be? Would they render any currently popular Pokemon ineffective?

This doesn't have to necessarily be competitive discussion, I just like using the word metagame :)

Lord of Fire

The Great Conqueror
Brycenman would get screwed while trying to use trick room or something, no sweat, but people would have a harder time would a 40ft tall, 60 ton, metal tyranitar automaton crushing everything in it's path

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
people would have a harder time would a 40ft tall, 60 ton, metal tyranitar automaton crushing everything in it's path

Base stats: 100/100/100/100/100/100.

Meh. Steel/Electric with Flash Fire's cool, but it really depends on the movepool.

[img139]http://sprites.pokecheck.org/o/650.gif[/img139]
[img139]http://sprites.pokecheck.org/o/653.gif[/img139]
[img139]http://sprites.pokecheck.org/o/659.gif[/img139]

These would be fantastic.

Ausgirl

Pokemon forums

So what other pokemon forums do you frequent? I've joined a few in my time but I'm mostly on serebii these days.

Profesco

gone gently
So as those of us who frequent the updates on B2/W2 know, in Pokewood/Pokestar Studios, you're able to have battles with characters that aren't Pokemon (see the page for details). No doubt hackers are already poring over the games with ways to add these into their regular Pokemon teams, and I won't be surprised if one day i'm double battling on wi-fi against Brycenman and Mecha-Tyranitar.

Nevertheless, this isn't the place to talk about hacking, but I do wanna throw a hypothetical out there. Some of these "pseudo-Pokemon" have typings never before seen in the series (Brycenman is Dark/Psychic for example), and most of them have stats close to Mew or Shaymin. So my question is, how do you think these new dudes would affect the metagame if they were actual Pokemon? What would their counters, partners, etc. be? Would they render any currently popular Pokemon ineffective?

This doesn't have to necessarily be competitive discussion, I just like using the word metagame :)

This would belong in the B2W2 subforum, or even the Competitive Discussion subforum (because it will naturally tend towards competitive discussion).

Profesco

gone gently
So what other pokemon forums do you frequent? I've joined a few in my time but I'm mostly on serebii these days.

I suggest you take this to the Site Discussion subforum. I do not know whether it will be accepted there, but it does not belong in General Pokemon Discussion.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Emolga and Pachirisu

Kian D

Grandmaster of time
Qwilfish...poor guy

Aegon

I would like to see more Eeveelutions (it doesn't make sense not to have one of each type) and a Sun Stone evolution for Weepinbell.

Tonguetyd

Luvdisc should have evolved into alomomola(in my opinion)

Actually Alomomola is based on the Lomaloma and Luvdisc is based on the Discusfish.That means Alomomola is more closely related to Qwilfish than Luvdisc.

Status
Not open for further replies.