• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

>>>> Closed Thread Container <<<<

Do you play with Nuzlocke rules?

• Yes!

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • No...

Votes: 30 58.8%
  • What the hell is Nuzlocke?

Votes: 7 13.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ilan

No sorry. I meant was that in my oppinion on their pokemon analysis that the go down on som pokemon like they shouldnt exist. I didnt realize i was talkin bout EVERYTHING.

So shouldn't exist competitively you can still use them in your noob battles..

And yes winning and strategy is fun what's the problem with that?

If you prefer losing with you pichu go on no one said you can't use none OU in OU except ubers I use feraligatr and azumarill in OU and you know what they kill half the metagame in rain so.. stop saying some pokemon can't be used in higer tiers also gastordon was NU in the first half of BW metagame now it climbed to OU cause it seems like it is a really good pokemon and I used it in ubers too.

Some pokemons Just don't have a niche Pikachu is only good on middle cup which is a pokemon online metagame.

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
So shouldn't exist competitively you can still use them in your noob battles..

And yes winning and strategy is fun what's the problem with that?

If you prefer losing with you pichu go on no one said you can't use none OU in OU except ubers I use feraligatr and azumarill in OU and you know what they kill half the metagame in rain so.. stop saying some pokemon can't be used in higer tiers also gastordon was NU in the first half of BW metagame now it climbed to OU cause it seems like it is a really good pokemon and I used it in ubers too.

Some pokemons Just don't have a niche Pikachu is only good on middle cup which is a pokemon online metagame.

Being able to battle using a certain Pokémon in a certain environment (ubers, OU, NU, RU, LC, BL, MC, or PF) doesn't qualify as "noob battling".

And I think every Pokémon has a niche somewhere. Whether or not that niche is played often is another story, but that doesn't mean not every Pokémon has a niche.

Ilan

Being able to battle using a certain Pokémon in a certain environment (ubers, OU, NU, RU, LC, BL, MC, or PF) doesn't qualify as "noob battling".

And I think every Pokémon has a niche somewhere. Whether or not that niche is played often is another story, but that doesn't mean not every Pokémon has a niche.

Some pokemons aren't even viable in NU or LC maybe only on Challenge Cup as random pokemons.
But really would you use unown or a first stage starter pokemon in any tier?

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
Some pokemons aren't even viable in NU or LC maybe only on Challenge Cup as random pokemons.
But really would you use unown or a first stage starter pokemon in any tier?

Tier limitations aren't the only niches that exist.
Sure, I'll use a first-stage starter in LC or something. Unown, not so much.

Ilan

Actually I saw someone ranting on emboar in the first page there was a similar debate on serebii only 1 user "emboar rules" protected emboar while the rest said it was useless in OU which.. is true.. in NU it is a force to be considered due to high attack compared to the rest of NU .

well even in LC some first stages aren't viable..

eviolite made lots of preevolution more viable but some still aren't good enough.

kylio_27

Pokemon is a disgusting universe...

"Trainers" capturing these innocent animals and enslaving them in these tiny pokeballs. Forcing them to fight one another(causing physical and psychological harm), as something a sadist would enjoy.

This whole universe promotes this terribly thoughtless philosophy

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
But you have to consider the fact that if you lived with Pokémon your entire life, you probably wouldn't have the mindset that you have now.

And yeah, forcing them to fight against each other is bad, but keep in mind, Pokémon don't actually die from battling; they just get knocked out. :)

Lt Steel

The Steel Curtain
Makes an account: First comment he makes tries to start a flame war.

Funny, but i have to agree with Wishing Star. It's not like dogfighting, or any animal fighting where animals actually die. I don't recall PETA getting upset over Pokemon either. It's usually just the church that calls it the game of the devil. =/

kaiser soze

Reading ADWD
I've suggested this on the site befor, which was ignored at the time, but I think that it would help if there were official serebii tiers. It would solve a lot of problems like no-one would feel forced to go by smogan tiers and it would stop all of this trashtalk. Although I'm not sure how we could make them different. Personally I like smogan because they're organized and their decissions are based on useage. But that's just me.

Until today I wasn't aware that there was any negativity towards serebii but if this is true then I think that a lot of it has to do with that serebii attracts a lot of noobs whilst smogan gets all of the nerds.
Honestly, it would be a bit pointless. Serebii is a much broader community than Smogon. Lots of casual players; fan-fic writers, anime watchers, etc. Those that battle competitively already use Smogon as a resource and even have accounts on their forums as well. The POTW is often a copy of the Smogon analysis. Pretty much anything Serebi would do in its own competitive league would be a copy of Smogon. Also, Serebii did try to make its own PO server over a year ago, but it didn't work out because no one used it.

Shade2000

Shade in Shades
Well. Some Pokemon in the anime choose to walk out of their pokeballs. While making them fight against their will is cruel, they are made for fighting and after having only 6 years of education your intelligence would be considerably lower than the average person finishing school in our world. Plus you study Pokemon at school so less of your lessons would be on creature fairness and stuff like that. Anyway in the Pokemon universe almost everyone battles pokemon so it would be considered "normal" to use Pokemon in battles so lessons about fairness to Pokemon would be out of the question. And generally Pokemon should have a choice to fight.
If you ask me team plasma could actually be good and maybe we should listen to them.

King Shuckle

Don't be daft
"Trainers" capturing these innocent animals and enslaving them in these tiny pokeballs.

Don't you think if Pokemon really had a problem with this, they would rebel against the person capturing them? In real life, if a wild animal is caught in a cage, do you think they are happy about it? You've ignored the fact that Pokemon is fictional for whatever reason.

Forcing them to fight one another(causing physical and psychological harm), as something a sadist would enjoy.

Fights are mean-spirited, however, these are called "battles" for a reason, which is a more competitive way of doing this.

This whole universe promotes this terribly thoughtless philosophy

I think you signing up and posting here is causing me physical and psychological harm. ;/

Ausgirl

Or maybe the red one stands for Reshiram's Fire-type and the blue one stands for Zekroms Electric type.

Nah, that can't be it, its to simple. It has to have some stretched out complex meaning.

Which is supported by the fact that each gen with the exception of 1 & 2 have included remakes from earlier gens. The games also tend to follow a certain pattern, with the remakes always comming out after the third game, and B2W2 havent come out yet. Just you wait, there will be a big announcement regarding the ruby and sapphire remakes within just months of B2W2 release... I'm certain of it.

Shade2000

Shade in Shades
Well some new eeveelutions and a good storyline with a few new Pokemon but still some from other regions.
Maybe a rival who you discover is your long lost brother or something. You should never have seen you'd rival before your journey, because if they don't know you they would go harder on you because you don't mean anything to them.
The 4th gen battle scene back, I don't like the dooming in or the moving Pokemon. The routes to go back to being routes numers continuing from sinnohs last route number and travel within regions. Like in the jhoto games.

Ísjaki

Flood Of Red
every pokemon does have a niche. For a lot of pokemon however, there are other pokemon in that same niche that do it better even in NU or LC. they are still usable if you REALLY want to use them, but there is also a better option.

Ísjaki

Flood Of Red
lol it is a horrible concept tbh, but who gives a **** it's a game no animals (or animal like creatures) are harmed when you play pokemon :3

jstinftw!

hey trainer
Well, Pokemon by nature want to fight, except those who are peaceful by nature, but even then, it's in their instincts. Most trainers in the Pokemon world choose to fight, and fight harder for their trainers. In real life, where you have to train animals to fight, that would be pretty sick, but for Pokemon who instinctively want to fight, it's not quite the same.

StanTheStaraptor

Banette evolution, sun stone Weepinbell evolution, Tropius and Lapras pre-evolutions.
Return of Gen III contests (jamming was AWESOME), more triple battles.
Option to join an evil team/branched storyline with different outcomes dependent on what you do/don't do.
Obscure legendary unlocking methods, a la Regi. Feebas-rare Pokemon.
Strange/not obvious evolution methods (Shelmet/Karrablast, Milotic, Mantyke, Nosepass/Magneton/Glaceon/Leafeon etc.).
GTS restrictions/monitoring: Prevent people asking for unobtainables (looking at you, Level 9 or under Dragonite) and filtering out hax.
More Pokemon with rare type combinations.
Special-attack oriented Shroomish evolution.
Cameos from minor characters from previous games: Devon employee who loves Shroomish, Capt. Stern, Baoba etc.
Less event exclusive Pokemon (no more than 2).
Less confusing/less time dependent HGSS type Safari Zone.
Walking Pokemon optional.

Status
Not open for further replies.