• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

>>>> Closed Thread Container <<<<

Do you play with Nuzlocke rules?

• Yes!

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • No...

Votes: 30 58.8%
  • What the hell is Nuzlocke?

Votes: 7 13.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

blue8arman

Castform Fanatic
Maybe,its possible.Maybe an online version may work but for 3DS I dunno.

MewForever

In order for them to not lose money, the game would have to sell for around ~$200, since there has been 5 generations so far and each game sells for around $40 brand new (though, brand new Red/Blue/Yellow sell for hundreds of dollars).
Now, financially, it may make sense to pay $200 for a game that is basically a 5 in 1, but good luck convincing the public about that. It is much easier to make money by producing a bunch of low priced games than to bundle them all and sell them for $200. A lot of people will decide, I don't want this one, this one, or this one, so I'll just buy these two for less than half the price. That's how I see it.

And as Kim62 pointed out, how would they make the game seamlessly flow from each region. By the time you finished just the first two, your Pokemon would be unstoppable. Unless they made it to where you could not bring foreign Pokemon into the new regions, you would be severely overpowered. At that point, it's basically 5 different games divided up into one format. There is also the issue of longevity. It takes most people a good 100+ hours to do everything there is to do in one Pokemon game, and much longer to catch all of the Pokemon. Now if you multiply that by 5 generations, you're looking at around 500+ hours of gameplay, which is staggering. It may sound good, but VERY few people would even finish the game. They would have to shorten regions or slim down each experience, which would be a nightmare for "veteran" players, as it would ruin the games they grew up with and loved. There are so many issues with making a giant Pokemon world game, that it would take a massive team and tons of time to complete it. It would almost assuredly have to be a console game, which would suck, I don't play Wii.

My thoughts.

zozo

SLIMED!
I'll agree that it's a cool concept. However, I don't think it would work within the traditional Pokemon formula. I would think that it would get far too boring and repetitive, considering how many regions there are even if you don't include the side-game regions. I mean, repeating the whole start-at-Pallet-Town-beat-8-gyms-then-beat-the-E4 plot 5 times in one game does not sound at all appealing to me. Especially since the gyms would have absolutely no effect after you beat the first 8. That leaves 32 gyms to beat that have no meaning other than making your trainer card look epic. (admittedly, I'm not against having an epic trainer card. However, I don't think that's enough justification for an otherwise overly-drawn out and probably boring, repetitive game)

About the only way I could see it working is if it adopted a formula similar to, for example, Final Fantasy's. Instead of the focus being your journey with a personalized Pokemon team held together by a very thin story line, the story would be vastly expanded and strengthened, and your character would travel from place to place as they are swept up by the events of the plot. You would not be able to unlock the ability to travel freely between regions, like many other RPGs, until later in the game, when you're getting ready to face the final boss(es). This would increase the incentive for a player to keep going through all the regions, and if it was handled right, it would allow for enough of a difference between the different regions to justify having all the regions in one game; instead of having all the wild Pokemon follow a similar level progression in a region depending on their route, then resetting their levels and progression when you go to a new region, have the first region's Pokemon be all at a low level (with some progression within the region), and slowly upgrade the level of wild Pokemon as you go to different regions, with the last region having the toughest Pokemon. Perhaps even the gym system could be overhauled so that instead of earning badges to unlock HM moves and the obedience of traded Pokemon, you earn badges to gain a "permit" to catch the different Pokemon of different regions. In this way, all the gyms would be relevant, instead of just having the first 8 give you benefits. And once again, the gyms would get tougher from region to region, instead of going from low-level gyms to high level gyms in each individual region.

So yeah, it's an interesting idea, but I personally think it would need a lot of overhauling to actually work. I don't think it's feasible with the traditional Pokemon formula. But of course, changing the formula comes with its own set of obstacles, and it's probably something Game Freak would never bother doing. It would be so different from the main series games that it would probably have to be treated as a "side game", and it would probably be such an intense and experimental side game that it would be too money-intensive to try. I guess we'll just have to keep on dreaming about stuff like that.

Last edited:

Randomness

He is already here.
I'm not sure about the capabilities of the system, but either the console would be overloaded or the game will be of a low-quality, assuming the staff is on a tight schedule.

And also the fact that if one of those games were created, they may be in higher demand as more regions are created.... I dunno.

Lulu_used_SunnyDay

Petal Blizzard
Yeah, been there done that.
My answer is always the same: would be awesome, but it ain't happening anytime soon.

Imagine your typical pokemon game for Nintendo DS. Now imagine these improvements:
-Every area from every game is accessible, much in the same way that Kanto is accessible in HG/SS.
-One could start in any hometown (ie. Pallet, Newbark, Littleroot, etc.) and would get starters corresponding to that version.
-All pokemon would be obtainable. And I mean all of them, not some stupid event schedule thing that us Canadians wouldn't even have a glimmer of hope at attending. Events would be able to take place, but they would be for trainers to get together and battle or provide a surplus of something, maybe an extra masterball or uber-poffins or something along those lines.
-The storyline would be somewhat the same as the games combined with a few connections here and there with increasing difficulty based on the levels of the pokemon in the party.
-Battle Frontier as well as many other Tournament-based challenges would be accessible via the different regions.
-Now, you might be asking: How would you travel to and from regions so seamlessly? My answer: The Boat system. You've likely already seen the travel to Sevii Islands in LG/FR or to the Battle Frontier from Snowpoint in D/P/P. Hook all those boat docks and ports and such together and voila, travel system.

This will never happen.

Why would gamefreak basically lose all their money to build a game with every game in it?

Second of all. It would take too much memory. Try fitting every single region and extra trainers into a tiny ds cartridge.

Nidhi764

No one shall........
It will never happen unless you use AR at the beginning of your game.

I'll agree that it's a cool concept. However, I don't think it would work within the traditional Pokemon formula. I would think that it would get far too boring and repetitive, considering how many regions there are even if you don't include the side-game regions. I mean, repeating the whole start-at-Pallet-Town-beat-8-gyms-then-beat-the-E4 plot 5 times in one game does not sound at all appealing to me. Especially since the gyms would have absolutely no effect after you beat the first 8. That leaves 32 gyms to beat that have no meaning other than making your trainer card look epic. (admittedly, I'm not against having an epic trainer card. However, I don't think that's enough justification for an otherwise overly-drawn out and probably boring, repetitive game)

About the only way I could see it working is if it adopted a formula similar to, for example, Final Fantasy's. Instead of the focus being your journey with a personalized Pokemon team held together by a very thin story line, the story would be vastly expanded and strengthened, and your character would travel from place to place as they are swept up by the events of the plot. You would not be able to unlock the ability to travel freely between regions, like many other RPGs, until later in the game, when you're getting ready to face the final boss(es). This would increase the incentive for a player to keep going through all the regions, and if it was handled right, it would allow for enough of a difference between the different regions to justify having all the regions in one game; instead of having all the wild Pokemon follow a similar level progression in a region depending on their route, then resetting their levels and progression when you go to a new region, have the first region's Pokemon be all at a low level (with some progression within the region), and slowly upgrade the level of wild Pokemon as you go to different regions, with the last region having the toughest Pokemon. Perhaps even the gym system could be overhauled so that instead of earning badges to unlock HM moves and the obedience of traded Pokemon, you earn badges to gain a "permit" to catch the different Pokemon of different regions. In this way, all the gyms would be relevant, instead of just having the first 8 give you benefits. And once again, the gyms would get tougher from region to region, instead of going from low-level gyms to high level gyms in each individual region.

So yeah, it's an interesting idea, but I personally think it would need a lot of overhauling to actually work. I don't think it's feasible with the traditional Pokemon formula. But of course, changing the formula comes with its own set of obstacles, and it's probably something Game Freak would never bother doing. It would be so different from the main series games that it would probably have to be treated as a "side game", and it would probably be such an intense and experimental side game that it would be too money-intensive to try. I guess we'll just have to keep on dreaming about stuff like that.

Well, this is the kind of idea I was looking for. I knew the idea that I (and a majority of people on this site) have had does have a few bugs. Unfortunately, we cannot expect it to happen in the near or even slightly distant future. I'm just rather fed up with the inability to catch pokemon like Deoxys, Jirachi, Mew...etc.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
I have to agree with crystalzapdos on this one; I would hate this idea. I just think it's too much and that it over-complicates the "essence," if you will, of the Pokemon games. They're usually pretty simple, and I prefer them as such.

voicerocker

Platinum Master
No. The "All Regions" game idea just too much. It's one of the others things where the fans would get the only benefit, while Game Freak takes a hit. Besides, that seems to go against some of the key aspects of the series, like having generations at all, and multiplayer interaction. A game like this has more cons than pros. The games work well as they are, so I say leave them be.

I'm just rather fed up with the inability to catch pokemon like Deoxys, Jirachi, Mew...etc.

Well, if all Pokemon are available in-game with no events, it takes away from multiplayer. And Pokemon like Mew and Jirachi are supposed to be hard to obtain. It makes them worth more, in a way.

randomspot555

Well, this is the kind of idea I was looking for. I knew the idea that I (and a majority of people on this site) have had does have a few bugs. Unfortunately, we cannot expect it to happen in the near or even slightly distant future. I'm just rather fed up with the inability to catch pokemon like Deoxys, Jirachi, Mew...etc.

In no way were you ever promised you'd be able to catch every Pokemon in any given game. Part of Pokemon, and it has been like this since the beginning, is interacting with other trainers. That includes going to events and trading with other people. If you choose not to do that, then don't expect to have every Pokemon availalbe ot you.

Cutty

Forever now
If it happened,
I'd just buy that all-in-one game.
And each new gen will be a flop for sure.

Imagine your typical pokemon game for Nintendo DS. Now imagine these improvements:
-Every area from every game is accessible, much in the same way that Kanto is accessible in HG/SS.
-One could start in any hometown (ie. Pallet, Newbark, Littleroot, etc.) and would get starters corresponding to that version.
-All pokemon would be obtainable. And I mean all of them, not some stupid event schedule thing that us Canadians wouldn't even have a glimmer of hope at attending. Events would be able to take place, but they would be for trainers to get together and battle or provide a surplus of something, maybe an extra masterball or uber-poffins or something along those lines.
-The storyline would be somewhat the same as the games combined with a few connections here and there with increasing difficulty based on the levels of the pokemon in the party.
-Battle Frontier as well as many other Tournament-based challenges would be accessible via the different regions.
-Now, you might be asking: How would you travel to and from regions so seamlessly? My answer: The Boat system. You've likely already seen the travel to Sevii Islands in LG/FR or to the Battle Frontier from Snowpoint in D/P/P. Hook all those boat docks and ports and such together and voila, travel system.
-Feel free to share your thoughts on the matter.

This idea is completely original and Game Freak should totally implement this. You sir are a genius.

Pretty much anyone that has played a few Pokémon games has had this idea some time in their life. I just don't like it. Pokémon should stay as it is and not cram all the regions into one game. That'd be like throwing all the stages of Super Mario Bros, Super Mario Bros 2, Super Mario Bros 3, New Super Mario Bros, New Super Mario Bros Wii, and New Super Mario Bros 2 into one gigantic crazy game for the heck of it.

☭Secret_Shocker☭

Really wished that would happen, though it won't fit in the game cartridge anymore.

Rex Kamex

This sounds like something that might seem good when one thinks of the finished product, but... when one thinks of the steps to putting it together, things come apart, imo. I can't imagine Game Freak doing something like this unless maybe it was their last Pokemon game. But for that scenario to be the case, I'd expect Pokemon sales to not be doing so well, but if they're not doing so well, I don't know why they would be motivated to spend so much time and effort making the game.

Well, it would string together with the motivation of the original theme song. "I wanna be, the very best, like noone ever was. To catch them is my real test to train them is my cause..."

Eh... even that's the original American theme song. The Japanese theme song was about catching Pokemon in general. Same with "Gotta catch 'em all." being an American slogan. So Game Freak, of Japan, not following these quotes wouldn't affect them.

I will say though... I don't remember how much influence the various games (in Japan or elsewhere) have for completing the Pokedex. The credits initially appear after becoming Pokemon Champion, not completing the Dex. I think Prof Oak and others talk about fulfilling the Dex, but I don't remember if they care as much about completing it, especially in latter games with more Pokemon. (But that's me not remembering, at least.)

'Nuff said? And yes, this game would take days to complete but,

... How many days do you have in mind? For me, personally, it takes weeks to beat regular main Pokemon games (depending on my Pokemon's strength and how long each day I play a game.) Five regions multiplies things a lot.

would it not be arguably the most amazing (despite it being one of the longest) games anyone would ever play?

I really don't know how much better I'd think this game would be. I feel it'd be redundant too. Maybe by the third or fourth region for me.

As for profit losses? I would gladly buy a game of such a magnitude for twice the price of a normal DS game. Therefor, no profit lost.

Like crystalzapdos was implying, you can't assume sales will be fine just because you'd be willing to buy such a game doesn't mean a very great amount of people will. I know there's more than you who would buy it, but I don't know how many people would and wouldn't buy it in total.

Also, there are some who'd like the game but would find the price too expensive for them to want to spend, and so they'd use a ROM or something to play the game illegally. That already happens with these games, but after the work spent to make this game, it'd be even worse for Game Freak if people used ROMs for this big game.

Well, I suppose I understand all of your arguments. This idea had been haunting me for some time and this was my way of expressing it. If you haven't already guessed, I'm new to the forums here however, not new to the site or the game. I appreciate all the feedback I've received on this idea.

My goal is to fill this out eventually:
-Articuno (;144;) -Zapdos (;145;) -Moltres (;146;)
-Mewtwo (;150;)-Mew ( )
-Raikou (;243;) -Entei (;244;) -Suicune (;245;)
-Lugia (;249;) -Ho-oh (;250;)
-Celebi ( )
-Regirock (;377;) -Regice (;378;) -Registeel (;379;)
-Latias ( ) -Latios (;381;)
-Kyogre (;382;) -Groudon (;383;) -Rayquaza (;384;)
-Jirachi ( ) -Deoxys ( )
-Rotom (;479;)
-Uxie (;480;) -Mesprit (;481;) -Azelf (;482;)
-Dialga (;483;) -Palkia (;484;) -Giratina (;487;)
-Heatran (;485;)
-Regigigas (;486;)
-Cresselia (;488;) -Darkrai ( )
-Phione (;489;) -Manaphy ( )
-Shaymin ( )
-Arceus ( )
-Victini ( )
-Cobalion (;638;) -Terrakion (;639;) -Virizion (;640;)
-Tornadus ( ) -Thundurus (;642;) -Landorus ( )
-Reshiram ( ) -Zekrom (;644;) -Kyurem (;646;)
-Meloetta ( )
-Genesect ( )

Oh darn, it seems I messed up somewhere along the line with the sprites. -_-"

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.