• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

>>>> Closed Thread Container <<<<

Do you play with Nuzlocke rules?

• Yes!

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • No...

Votes: 30 58.8%
  • What the hell is Nuzlocke?

Votes: 7 13.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ver-mont

Dragon will probably be the next one, since Eeveelutions up until now belong to the types that were classified as Special until Gen III, and the only one left is Dragon.

I don't know... it's an interesting theory, and it would be a possible move if Gen VI really is to be released next year, but I won't get my hopes up.

Ulicies

Mild Monk
Dragon will probably be the next one, since Eeveelutions up until now belong to the types that were classified as Special until Gen III, and the only one left is Dragon.

I don't know... it's an interesting theory, and it would be a possible move if Gen VI really is to be released next year, but I won't get my hopes up.
I feel like it's too soon to introduce the next generation already. I haven't even started Black 2 yet! Lol. If anything, I'm expecting the RSE remake first.

Ivyon

<333333
EDIT: And honestly, I don't know why casual players need to see such difference in stats between Pokemon. Casual players usually just catch one of each type of Pokemon and don't even bother checking stats that much. By definition, a casual player won't go in-depth about stats and game mechanics, so why would they even compare Pokemon and say "Hey! Why is your Charizard exactly like mine?" IV's just seem so pointless to me, other than the philosophical point of making each Pokemon different and unique.

As a fairly casual player (at least as far as stats and natures are concerned) I can say that I enjoy the fact not every pokemon has the same stats. I like knowing that my various flygons or emboars are all a bit different in stats, even if they might share natures or similar EVs. Besides, why shouldn't every pokemon be a bit different and unique? It's cool.

Anyways, I for one would definitely be put off by another generation gap. I don't know that I'd stop playing completely but I'd definitely be pretty peeved at gamefreak if I couldn't transfer my old, hard trained favorites over. Why should the existance of hackers/rngers/traders have to ruin the ability to transfer existing pokemon to future generations for everyone else? I wouldn't want to give up being able to transfer my guys to Gen 6 over the overall avoidable issues you mention that at the end of the day wouldn't be forever solved anyways. My two cents.

Ausgirl

Well considering that we've already had two spin off releases and BW2 have only just come out I think it's too early for information about gen 6. Therefor I think that the announcement will be about the remakes. Looking back at previous releases, FR/LG were released on their 8th aniversary of the originals and HG/SS were released on their 10th aniversary of the originals. We've only just passed the 10th anniversary of RS which was celebrated by Nintendo with special event pokemon of Groudon and Kyogre. Earlier in the year we recieved a special Rayquaza and there have been a ton of other Hoenn events and other promotions. I think that all of this is to build up momentum for the inevitable remakes which I think will happen either in gen 5 or at the very latest gen 6.

Ulicies

Mild Monk
As a fairly casual player (at least as far as stats and natures are concerned) I can say that I enjoy the fact not every pokemon has the same stats. I like knowing that my various flygons or emboars are all a bit different in stats, even if they might share natures or similar EVs. Besides, why shouldn't every pokemon be a bit different and unique? It's cool.

Anyways, I for one would definitely be put off by another generation gap. I don't know that I'd stop playing completely but I'd definitely be pretty peeved at gamefreak if I couldn't transfer my old, hard trained favorites over. Why should the existance of hackers/rngers/traders have to ruin the ability to transfer existing pokemon to future generations for everyone else? I wouldn't want to give up being able to transfer my guys to Gen 6 over the overall avoidable issues you mention that at the end of the day wouldn't be forever solved anyways. My two cents.

Even though it's nice that IV's give the sense of each Pokemon being different, I think IV's need to be capable of modification equally so as EV's have become. Do you mind that EV's can be changed? Probably not, and I don't think you would mind if IV's were modifiable too.

Ulicies

Mild Monk
Well considering that we've already had two spin off releases and BW2 have only just come out I think it's too early for information about gen 6. Therefor I think that the announcement will be about the remakes. Looking back at previous releases, FR/LG were released on their 8th aniversary of the originals and HG/SS were released on their 10th aniversary of the originals. We've only just passed the 10th anniversary of RS which was celebrated by Nintendo with special event pokemon of Groudon and Kyogre. Earlier in the year we recieved a special Rayquaza and there have been a ton of other Hoenn events and other promotions. I think that all of this is to build up momentum for the inevitable remakes which I think will happen either in gen 5 or at the very latest gen 6.
I find it highly possible that the Hoenn remake could come in the 5th Generation, but I also think it would be cool to witness my favorite region take the extra leap into the 6th Gen.

Flame Mistress

Gen VI already? That's a bit far-fetched, isn't it? Sure, is been almost three years since Gen V was announced, but I still don't think that's a big enough gap.

And besides, why would they start off by revealing an evolution of a pre-existing Pokémon?

R_N

Gen VI already? That's a bit far-fetched, isn't it? Sure, is been almost three years since Gen V was announced, but I still don't think that's a big enough gap.

And besides, why would they start off by revealing an evolution of a pre-existing Pokémon?

130px-446Munchlax.png

why indeed

anyway...I doubt this will end in a new eeveelution
I figure the ~secret card~ is probably a big group shot

blue8arman

Castform Fanatic
May be.Tongue twisters may help or reading a book with a word "ROCKET" on it.

Owl

G-Rank Hunter
I agree that this would really help things, but that's only if it did clear the slate of all previous Pokemon. Which in all seriousness probably won't be allowed by most of the fans. As nice as it would be to start fresh without having to worry about things like hacked trades and unfair deals, we can all agree that the fans wouldn't let game-freak do it. Greed is a major factor here, and that's sadly going to shift people towards the side of cheating regardless.

BCVM22

we can all agree that the fans wouldn't let game-freak do it.

The fans would have zero say in the matter. It would never be done because it's unnecessary, impractical, unrealistic and an answer to a question nobody asked.

Poetry

Dancing Mad
The release of a new eeveelution still doesn't really explain the emphasis on eeveelutions Japan has been getting lately. Wouldn't it have made more sense to announce the new Pokemon first, then capitalise on it with all the promotions and merchandise? Maybe it's just me. I would love to see a new Pokemon, but with the timing and all, I doubt it.
Actually, does anyone know if there's any significance Eevee and its evolutions have in the new Mystery Dungeon?

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Beecause of the brown, it seems more likely to be Eevee actually :p

I guess this is why Virgil exists.

The brown makes you think of Ground, or Rock... But I can't help but keep the feeling it's Bug.

jireh the provider

Video Game Designer
Ahhh. The conflict of the ideologist vs the truth seeker. Zekrom and Reshiram Much?

Seriously now, this ENTIRE DEBATE is all about the argument of the past traditions and modern traditions. Why is it just never ending? All of your repies involve the phrases I posted here. You know who you guys are.

The casualists vs. the challengers.

The organized law vs. the law breakers.

The thinker vs. the follower

The businessman vs. the customer

The young ideals and truths vs. the old ideals and truths

Last edited:

TherianForm

King of TM87
130px-446Munchlax.png

why indeed

anyway...I doubt this will end in a new eeveelution
I figure the ~secret card~ is probably a big group shot

I agree, or maybe just a postcard of Eevee by it's self. Maybe even Virgil with the group.

TherianForm

King of TM87
Let's count how long this takes to get down....

Well, for a flying eeveeloution, I had made my own a while ago, Angeon. It would evolve by a Shiny Stone. It would have white and silver fur. Around its neck, silver fur would build up, similar to the way fur is around Eevee's neck. Her paws would be silver, with clouds around the "wrists" if its legs. It would have angelic wings the color of white and the feathers tipped with silver. Her eyes would be a light blue color. Its ears would be like Eevee's, except white and have silver tips. It has a tail that is similar to an Eevee's, but smaller and more loose, and cilored white, having silver stripes going from the bottom to the tip. Finally, a halo made out of clouds would be over her head.

But I doubt it'd happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.