• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

>>>> Closed Thread Container <<<<

Do you play with Nuzlocke rules?

• Yes!

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • No...

Votes: 30 58.8%
  • What the hell is Nuzlocke?

Votes: 7 13.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marbi Z

Cin-Der-Race!
Why don't you wait until you actually play the game before coming to that conclusion... Rushing to judgement usually ends up embarrassing you.

Canto

This doesn't need a thread, and if it did, it would need to be in the Sun and Moon section, not here.

AdvancedGenGenesect

The Pokémon anime genwunner vs Pokémon game series genwunner

This thread is where you can list your opinions on the two types of genwunners or even list the things they usually say and you agree with.

All the forum rules apply and remember that this isn't a debate thread so please don't start a debate war or be overy offensive in what you comment about.

Here ill list the description of the two types of genwunners

. The anime genwunner is accepted by the internet to usually stick with the OS saga of the anime and don't watch or like the new sagas at all but some of the anime genwunners stick with both the OS and the AG and do not like any other saga of the anime besides either the OS and is only or the OS and the AG only.
They also tend to say stuff like how the original pokegirl misty is the best and list of the reasons why and some genwunners also do the same with may.
They also tend to want the original pokegirls to come back to the show as a main character and SOME of them do what's listed above with Brock.
The internet sometimes makes it seem other they are genwunners because of nostalgia but this is not always the case since they sometimes have reasons they prefer the OS and the AG over the other sagas.

.While game genwunners tend to say stuff like how the newer games after gen 1 suck or are bad and state stuff about how the games after gen 1 have flaws.
It's true that they treat gen 1 as their favourite but just because you think gen 1 is the best it doesn't that your a genwunner because these guys tend to stay away from the newer generation s of the Pokemon games and tend to do whats listed above.

Anyway please don't start a big argument on this thread and keep things safe.

Perel Peck

Proud of Pokemon Sun and Moon - Black Belt Trainer

Am I seriously the only person who has noticed this? Yeah, I'm pretty sure I'm the only person who has noticed this.

The black belt trainers animations impressed me so much! When I first saw one on the cliff going through Poomsae 1, which is the basic move set for white belts in taekwondo, I pretty much squealed! He even started the pattern with the traditional Joon Bi stance.

I had been playing my game beside a friend, to which I started pointing out the stances and bow the animation for the moves was exactly what I had learned when I did the martial art. Though, she didn't seem to particularity care... I guess most people won't, but it's an amazing little thing that I like to point out to people in the Pokemon community.

Nintendo, good on you for taking a high attention to detail!

xerxes

ようこそ!ワタシの音楽工場へへへへへ
Am I seriously the only person who has noticed this? Yeah, I'm pretty sure I'm the only person who has noticed this.

The black belt trainers animations impressed me so much! When I first saw one on the cliff going through Poomsae 1, which is the basic move set for white belts in taekwondo, I pretty much squealed! He even started the pattern with the traditional Joon Bi stance.

I had been playing my game beside a friend, to which I started pointing out the stances and bow the animation for the moves was exactly what I had learned when I did the martial art. Though, she didn't seem to particularity care... I guess most people won't, but it's an amazing little thing that I like to point out to people in the Pokemon community.

Nintendo, good on you for taking a high attention to detail!

Oh really? I didn't notice it myself but that's actually pretty cool of them to include details like that.

You'll get more responses if you post this in the discussion thread of the Sun/Moon subforum though.

Addydo

X-Men/Pokemon Fan!
Question about Pokemon Bank for Sun and Moon!

Not sure if this goes here or not? I couldn't find a post about Pokémon Bank? If the is the wrong place for this, Admins please go ahead and move this to where ever it goes, thank you! :)

Anyways, so last night I updated Pokémon Bank and received Mew's Z-Crystal, I transferred a bunch of Pokémon to my sun version, but when I started the game up, my PokeDex still reads 302 Pokémon?! How do I get the National PokeDex in my Sun version? and also, I downloaded Pokémon Bank to my second 3DS XL for my Moon version, if I transfer a bunch of my old Pokémon to Bank, and then put them in my Moon version, will I be able to receive Mew's Z-Crystal?

Can anyone please help me out with this? Thank you! :)

Akashin

Not sure if this goes here or not? I couldn't find a post about Pokémon Bank? If the is the wrong place for this, Admins please go ahead and move this to where ever it goes, thank you! :)

Anyways, so last night I updated Pokémon Bank and received Mew's Z-Crystal, I transferred a bunch of Pokémon to my sun version, but when I started the game up, my PokeDex still reads 302 Pokémon?! How do I get the National PokeDex in my Sun version? and also, I downloaded Pokémon Bank to my second 3DS XL for my Moon version, if I transfer a bunch of my old Pokémon to Bank, and then put them in my Moon version, will I be able to receive Mew's Z-Crystal?

Can anyone please help me out with this? Thank you! :)

You don't. The National Pokedex is tied to Bank itself; there isn't one in the games themselves.

And no, from what I've heard the Mewnium Z is a one time deal. Not sure I like that since the Mewnium Z can't be traded and is tied to whatever game you first send it to, leaving people with both games out to dry, but it is what it is.

Just for clarification, we do have a Pokemon Sun and Moon Help Thread in the Pokemon Sun and Moon subforum, so if you have anymore question relating to the games you can go there.

jginz1

Shiny Hunter
Pokemon ability matchups that don't make sense.

I've been really confused on why Chandelure doesn't have Levitate. Or why Kommo-O doesn't have Multiscale. Are there any other pokemon like this that you think should have a certain ability but don't?

AdvancedGenGenesect

The Pokemon Dead Theories and Rumors Discussion Thread

Hello folks!

This is the thread where you can discuss old pokemon game theories or rumors that have died in the past.
these rumors or theories could be from 1996-2010 that have died or something from 2010-2015 that have died nowadays.
example: a small rumor about ORAS before it came out that was eventually forgotten or became undiscussed.

I will also allow rumors coming from magazines or articles for example there was once an prank made by nintendo saying that you could evolve dragonite to become a yoshi from Super Mario bros in pokemon red and blue.

All the serebiiforums rules apply and no bashing or flaming anyone if you dont agree with what they say.

Have a Good day and happy discussions.

AdvancedGenGenesect

The Pokemon Dead Theories and Rumors Discussion Thread

Hello folks!

This is the thread where you can discuss old pokemon game theories or rumors that have died in the past.
these rumors or theories could be from 1996-2010 that have died or something from 2010-2015 that have died nowadays.
example: a small rumor about ORAS before it came out that was eventually forgotten or became undiscussed.

I will also allow rumors coming from magazines or articles for example there was once an prank made by nintendo saying that you could evolve dragonite to become a yoshi from Super Mario bros in pokemon red and blue.

All the serebiiforums rules apply and no bashing or flaming anyone if you dont agree with what they say.

Have a Good day and happy discussions.

Hinashou

Origins- Game

Hello Everyone!
Just wanted to spread the word a bit about my new, non-profit, game that I have been working on, Origins.

Origins is an online multiplayer game based on the original Pokemon games, Blue, Red, and Yellow. The difference is, it uses a real time combat system, as opposed to the traditional turn based combat system in the original games.
Origins can be accessed through a site called BYOND.

To register, go to BYOND and click Register and follow the process for creating your account.

After your account is created, you will need to download the client that actually runs the game.

After installing BYOND, you can open the BYOND client and log in to the user account you just created.

To join the Origins game, go to the link below in my signature and hit join. If there is no join option, that means the server is currently offline.

The game is currently in its Alpha testing stage, and I am hoping that all of you will help me test game mechanics, provide feedback, and report any bugs or glitches in the game that you might find.

Feel free to message me if you have any questions, comments, or concerns! :)

Last edited:

Rayza16

Sky Lancer
Explosion and Echoed Voice have a higher base power than their z move counterparts

http://pokemondb.net/move/explosion

Explosion has a base power of 250

In Generations 1-4, the opponent's defense stat is temporarily halved when calculating the damage. This gives Explosion an effective power of 500

Z-Move effects

When a Pokémon is holding Normalium Z and uses its Z-Power, Explosion turns into Breakneck Blitz and has base power 200

http://pokemondb.net/move/echoed-voice

Echoed Voice deals damage starting at base power 40, and increases by 40 each turn if used by any Pokémon on the field, up to a maximum base power of 200

Z-Move effects

When a Pokémon is holding Normalium Z and uses its Z-Power, Echoed Voice turns into Breakneck Blitz and has base power 100

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.