• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

>>>> Closed Thread Container <<<<

Do you play with Nuzlocke rules?

• Yes!

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • No...

Votes: 30 58.8%
  • What the hell is Nuzlocke?

Votes: 7 13.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ProfessorPokeStats

MasterBall Maker
Do Virtual Pokemon have a dollar value?

Hey Poke Fam,

I had this discussion on another forum, and I loved it so much that I thought I'd get others opinions as well! So, I was recently looking through my old gen Pokemon games from my DS, and I was over a friends house(who is way more of a Pokemon expert and fan than me). He was looking through my catalog of Pokemon and wanted to buy all the Pokemon on it because of the Pokemon I had and the conditions they were in. It took us into this discussion about the value of virtual Pokemon. We sat there for hours arguing about what would be worth more, and how much someone would actually spend on virtual Pokemon. So, I was wondering how everyone else felt about virtual Pokemon and their dollar value? My friend said he would buy Pokemon for tournaments and just to collect them. I've never entered a tournament, and just found collecting them through the game was good enough for me. Would love to hear how others feel about this.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Trading for real money is against the rules here, and as such we really don't need a thread discussing it.

Viperdg

How many Pokemon can I collect with these games

I have played the game off and on over the years but recently my interest has been renewed enough that I would like to see how many of the little fellows I can collect.

I don't have all of the games but how much of the total number can I collect with these games. And maybe a suggestion for perhaps one other game to maximize my collection.

Pokemon Crystal ( old Gameboy cartridge..still playable however on my Gameboy Advance)
Pokemon Emerald
Pokemon Heart Gold ( Do I even need to play Crystal if I play this one )
Pokemon Sun ( will be buying in the next few weeks along with a 3DS XL purchase )

I believe I need Pokemon Black or White to get my Earlier Pokemons to Sun to have all my Pokemon in one place. . Is this also correct. I already have a DS and will shortly have a 3DS XL so transferring will be possible.

Thank you.....

Last edited:

SOH972

Banned
Johto was the worst region ever

I always see on the internet a lot of hate on awesome regions like: Unova, Sinnoh, and even Hoenn. But the mayority of the pokemon community really like the awful region known as Johto, and i really want to know the true reason why this region gets a lot of love and some other regions don't. What's the secret? What do this region has that other regions don't? This region is easily the worst region out of the 7.

It's the region with most awful pokemons, and I am not talking designly, I am talking in BATTLE, which is what matters at last. Unown, Meganium, Dunsparce, Delibird, Corsola, Qwilfish, Ledian, Noctowl, Xatu, Sneasel, Gligar, Pichu, Cleffa, Piloswine, Aipom, Yanma, Sunflora, Jumpluff, Murkrow, Ariados, Octillery, Mantine, Stantler, Smoochum , Elekid, Magby, and Magcargo.

Besides, G/S/C are the games with the worst story of all the games, Pokemon rangers has a better story than those games. I mean what's the plot? Ethan has to become a champion once more, and a n a****** rival steals a pokemon from the lab, only to get wanted by the police who does absolutely NOTHING. You know who also doesn't do nothing? Your gender counterpart, which is commonly Lyra, if we compare it to the counterparts of the rest of the games, she has no importance in the story.

Plus who are the villains? Team Rocket again!! But guess what? They are a doofy and less threatening Team Rocket!! But they had to do something terrible on the story right? Let's see what did they do? They emitted waves that created a shiny Gyarados that later got catched by Gold, ok... That's.. something.. I guess... What other things they do? Wow, they took over a Radio Tower that nobody cared about only to try to bring back Giovanni, but guess what? He never came back!!! So all of their "efforts" was for nothing, finally they disband team rocket once and for all, how a great ending!!!

You beat a Kanto wanna be elite four, and then you travel back to Kanto, how original, they brought back Kanto so they could have decent games. Because Johto itself was literally half of other regions, so probably if they only included Johto people wouldn't like it that much right? And finally to give it a "awesome ending" you travel to mt silver, where you can finally catch the good pokemons that you needed at the beggining of the game, and you encounter nothing more and nothing less than Red. You beat him and he vanishes. No explanation of why that happens, and no acclaration of what exactly he was doing there. I honestly have seen episodes of Peppa Pig with a better plot than that game.

But what are we gonna do? Everything are opinions finally, but some of them are opinions with nonsense arguments like "it corrected gen 1 mistakes". So I ask one more time: what do this region has, that other regions don't have?

Kirby

ʘ‿ʘ
Staff member
Admin
You have already been told that a topic to discuss the faults of gen 2 exists. Stop remaking an already existing thread.

Josour

I found my old Gameboy color

Hello serebii forum,

It's great to be here.

As you guys can see from the title I have found my old Gameboy color. I was going through some of the stuff we put in boxes for later use to finally get them all cleared out and either donated or thrown away... When I found my yellow gameboy I was over the moon, placed new batteries in and, Nothing, that feeling of joy and slowly just sunk away.

Now I have messed around with RaspberryPI and made a small console out of old Nintendo parts etc but I don't want to destroy the gameboy, I want to fix it if possible. So that's why I'm here guys. It would be great if any of you could give me a solution to fixing the Gameboy colour. The systems are pretty simple, it just don't turn on...

If not :( It would be great if I could find one that is still working in pristine condition to get back into a little Pokemon yellow gaming!!! Miss the old days.

Any advice or points to the right direction will be greatly appreciated, guys!!! really looking forward to speaking with you all.

Cheers

Canto

This seems like something Google would provide more help with. In any case, this definitely doesn't belong in this section.

GonbeTR

Banned
Zodiac Signs of Evil Team Villains

What do you think zodiac signs of Evil Team villains? I want to speculate their horoscopes based on their characteristics:

1. Giovanni: Scorpio ♏️ Giovanni is a clandestine, secretive mafioso and he makes underground business. He fits the shadowy archetype of Scorpio and Pluto.
2. Archie: Aries ♈️ He is simple, naive, impulsive, direct, playful. He is rough, not refined. He fits eternal child archetype.
3. Maxie: Virgo ♍️ He is very organized, scientific, detail-oriented, analytic. He has a humble look. He fits servant archetype.
4. Cyrus: Aquarius ♒️ He is an eccentric genius. He is interested in Occult and higher knowledge. He is disconnected. He is interested in revolutionary science. He fits crazy scientist archetype.
5. Ghetsis: Capricorn ♑️ He is authoritarian, mature, dark, lacking vital energy. He constructed a hierarchical structure. He fits Monarch archetype.
6. Lysandre: Leo ♌️ Obvious by his style, he is glamorous, extravagant and dramatic. He is very ego-centric and obsessed with beauty. He fits Diva archetype.
7. Lusamine: Cancer ♋️ She is the ultimate mother archetype. She approaches the world and pokemon by her "loving" function. Her Whole story turns around lack or exaggeration of her motherhood.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
You can advertise your channel in your signature. Making advertisement threads is against the rules.

HyperMemed

Does anyone want to trade?

I can offer loads of Shinies for other Shinies and/or 6IV Pokemon. I also have a few LEGIT Wish Blissey so if anybody wants to trade for one, that would be great :D

Yaeren-Eevee

Eevee <3
Discord Channel

Hey guys! So I made a Discord server/guild/whatever for Pokemon discussion and trading.

link removed

Enjoy =)

Last edited by a moderator:

xYachu

Spicy Tuna!
In case you wanna know, Serebii has a discord channel too.

Status
Not open for further replies.