• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

>>>> Closed Thread Container <<<<

Do you play with Nuzlocke rules?

• Yes!

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • No...

Votes: 30 58.8%
  • What the hell is Nuzlocke?

Votes: 7 13.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

jnshucker12

Pokemon is homosexual...

Pokemon is pretty homosexual. Those large, muscular, sweaty men, come to mind. The game designer must have enjoyed drawing them. Elesa is canon lesbian. Some suggest she is bisexual, but I beblieve Elesa is a lesbian. Also, Burgh has an lgbt pride flag hanging up in his first gym. This is the best link I have for the picture. You can also google a Pokemon Black and White playthrough, and you'll find it. Right hand top corner.
http://s1254.photobucket.com/user/Harleyostorm5/library/?sort=3&page=3
Also, Harley. Just saying.

Edit: Heteronormative, Pokemon is not that, but sometimes it is. I don't know.

I just want to know if others have the same opinion. Is it heternormative, or whatever?

Last edited:

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
honestly I wish it was blatantly homosexual but it's not. Yes some characters, like real life, are going to be hinted at as gay or trans but not every character. Not sure what your point is here.

jnshucker12

Ah, what I mean is, sometimes it's normal whatever, or heteronormative, or whatever you call it, and sometimes the gay is so strong it comes up and drops an anvil on your head.

I forgot to mention, Andy the Hiker in the Japanese version. And I guess that transexual in X & Y, who may or may not be gay, but someone might be mad if I don't mention her.

And I freaking love Wallace and his stripper outift! ...At this point, I might just be fangirl-ing...

Last edited:

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
Pokemon is pretty homosexual. Those large, muscular, sweaty men, come to mind. The game designer must have enjoyed drawing them. Elesa is canon lesbian. Some suggest she is bisexual, but I beblieve Elesa is a lesbian. Also, Burgh has an lgbt pride flag hanging up in his first gym. This is the best link I have for the picture. You can also google a Pokemon Black and White playthrough, and you'll find it. Right hand top corner.
http://s1254.photobucket.com/user/Harleyostorm5/library/?sort=3&page=3
Also, Harley. Just saying.

okay... do you have a point other than pointing out your speculation of a few instances that may or may not portray homosexual tendencies?

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I don't think sexual orientation in the Pokémon franchise is that blatant tbh. Nothing is really given in your face as an indicator.

LadyTriox

I have a boyfriend now; I am his princess❤️
Umn.....just wondering, but was this thread meant to bash homosexuals? :( I mean, I don't really know. But I felt MAYBE it was....(i'm currently on a homosexual crush myself so it would hurt me if that was the case!!!)

roronyc19

Shiny Hunter
Will trade ANYTHING for a Hoopa or Shaymin

I am 2 pokemon away from fully completing the National Pokedex and getting every single pokemon currently available. I missed the event distribution last year for Hoopa and Shaymin and cant find any way to get them legitimately. So, if anyone has extras and wants any other pokemon (shinies included), I will gladly soft reset legendaries or something like that in exchange for either of these pokemon.

Friend Code: 3454-4708-3532

jnshucker12

Ah, what I mean is, sometimes it's normal whatever, or heteronormative, or whatever you call it, and sometimes the gay is so strong it comes up and drops an anvil on your head.

Again...

No, I'm not trying to bash anyone. And we've met before, remember? We're friends on here, I'm very obsessive, I have autism/aspergers, I love Harley, I do stupid things, I have a bad vocabulary and forget words like "heteronormative"....

Last edited:

peijay

Pikachu20 Original Hat

Long shot, but any chance anyone has an extra Pikachu with original hat they are willing to trade? Missed my shot at getting him alas.

Thanks

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
I don't think a franchise is specifically a sexual preference, so no, I wouldn't say it's gay. I wouldn't say it's straight, either. It's like calling an apple gay or a TV show at random straight. It doesn't really make any sense. Look, what people speculate about specific characters is their own business. I know that some people look waaaaaaaaaaay too into things and come up with some crazy conclusions, but whatever fuels their fanfictions, man. I don't really thinks this needs a thread, either, but I'll leave that to the mods.

Houka

There is always been hint to Gayness from time to time. I really like the developer do indeed made the world varied such things.

Though next time ya may want to put down your point clearly as it kinda vague on what ya mean. I'm not sure if your trying to bash, show off this discovery, or using this to show your homo/bi. Reread your post and make sure it sound right to you.

Last edited:

Champion Jared 14

I remember a drag queen-esque character from OS when Brock got his Vulpix from what's her name...Suzie? There was also the times James would wear women's clothes lol...and Harley is one of the most interesting characters in the show's history.

LadyTriox

In my fake pokemon series, although james and jessie are married, James has the hobby of looking at pictures of hot looking males on the internet :) Its pretty obvious to me that he is gay (i don't even...know how he and jessie woulda ended up together o_O but i was younger when i worked on my fake series, anyways). Harley seems like he would like other males to me too.

I'm not used to having same sex crushes (i would count as bi for that, i think? even though i almost completely like girls right now) as much as other people are so i'm still a bit unsure when they're being 'bashed' and when they're not, but people seem cool with this thread :) So sorry about my other post XD;

jnshucker12

I'm just thinking from a heteronormative point of view. Or homonorm, binorm... whatever.

I just want to know if others have the same opinion. Is it heternormative, or whatever?

Even in the days when characters weren't gay, there were at least crossdressers. And I'm pretty sure that drag queen is an okama.... Japanese, either an actual drag queen, or a really feminine gay man. It depends.

I don't think a franchise is specifically a sexual preference, so no, I wouldn't say it's gay. I wouldn't say it's straight, either. It's like calling an apple gay or a TV show at random straight. It doesn't really make any sense. Look, what people speculate about specific characters is their own business. I know that some people look waaaaaaaaaaay too into things and come up with some crazy conclusions, but whatever fuels their fanfictions, man. I don't really thinks this needs a thread, either, but I'll leave that to the mods.

Basically, looking for opinions, like this. But, hopefully with less sass.

I'm not used to having same sex crushes (i would count as bi for that, i think? even though i almost completely like girls right now) as much as other people are so i'm still a bit unsure when they're being 'bashed' and when they're not, but people seem cool with this thread :) So sorry about my other post XD;

Yeah. With me and my autism, and the horrible life I have had, I just expect people to hate me, and try to live the best I can. I never go off on someone because they scare me, because literally everyone scares me, and I distrust everyone. Well, that got dark...

Though next time ya may want to put down your point clearly as it kinda vague on what ya mean. I'm not sure if your trying to base, show off this discovery, or using this to show your homo/bi. Reread your post and make sure it sound right to you.

Alright, I will try again.

HELLO! I HAVE AUTISM! I AM NOT HERE TO HURT YOU, I AM TRYING TO "BASE", BE FRIENDLY, ETC.! I WOULD LIKE TO HEAR YOUR OPINION IF POKEMON IS HETERONORMATIVE OR NOT!!!
*cough Ignore the capslock, I just really love using it, just like I figure Harley does.

Last edited:

LadyTriox

I don't really have anything against you shuck (though i'll admit reading your post about the other people spooked me out...which, in a way, may make me dislike you, but i'm still trying not to give into it too much. I still have some MAJOR issues about people not being happy around me and stuff...but i also really hate being a bully to anyone. though that honestly is part of why i get so upset when....people are negative o_O;; i never want to be a bully....). I also have autism too (which causes a lot of my confusions).

Being into a pokemon character has actually helped me figure out i really like girls now XD Korrina's not the only female in pokemon i find attractive, but she is the one i mainly like.

But, i'm a grown woman now, who's been more into guys most of her life. So liking girls so much now feels pretty new to me. It's nice i'm experiencing new things still though, even as an older person :) I'm still a bit nervous to say how old i am overall on here, though. Some people have gave me a hard time about it. But, yeah, this year i've been learning who I am more now. I think I really always liked girls more than boys even though i often deneyed it, part of why is i worried i wouldn't like 'girly' things anymore if i admitted i liked females? That...was a real issue to me. I see disliking girly things as a negative thing cuz they seem so....happy :/ But I learned about such a thing as a "lipstick lesbian" on tvtropes this year, right around when i first got into korrina, too. Now i'm embracing liking females a lot more :D Mostly Korrina, though XD For now. I'm like....madly in love with her. I don't care if she's not real or if there is other issues that may make it seem "strange" or even "creepy" and the like. She makes me feel happy! :D I've struggled with that for years, with my fears and confusion....i'm so glad to have korrina now :)

Last edited:

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Pokemon isn't anything-sexual. I think you may be reading too much into shipping

jnshucker12

Good.... What? I thought you were a teenager....

I'm 20. Lol, everyine calls me young. Except my parents, but they are hard on me anyways...

Does anyone here remember Pokemoplis, that old website? The fan reviewed episodes? And the guy named Tim who reviewed them, who kept claiming James was homosexual, and he 'fought', it was all an act, with the Rocket shippers? I thought it was hilarious! I don't know, James' voice actor purposefully tried to act like one of the gay characters on Will and Grace. But I always found it funny...

jnshucker12

I'd edit the title to this thread, but I can't figure out how, ha. I was thinking "Pokémon is kinda, sometimes gay".

Houka

HELLO! I HAVE AUTISM! I AM NOT HERE TO HURT YOU, I AM TRYING TO "BASE", BE FRIENDLY, ETC.! I WOULD LIKE TO HEAR YOUR OPINION IF POKEMON IS HETERONORMATIVE OR NOT!!!
*cough Ignore the capslock, I just really love using it, just like I figure Harley does.

Just say you want to know if anyone else think that Pokemon might by a little gay. I think that would get your point across just fine. I have asperegers so all caps means yelling, which in tern mean your scolding me, from that line. Don't use personal things to try to make yourself sympathetic, I could potential have a worst childhood/life then you, which in tern make you look like a jerk for playing the victim card. I know your not trying to insult but it's something you'll need to work on as someone else can easily get offended and start flaming you for it.

Just work on that, OK?

jnshucker12

Yes lemoncatpower, I do wish they were more open about btheir gayness. Same as Houka.

I'll come back later. Sorry, I had a lot of poop to do. I don't know who was the idiot who came up with the idea s*** was offensive but poop was okay. Yes, I know about the historical connotation with the plague!

Status
Not open for further replies.