1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Cloudy Fate, Bright Future! (895)

Discussion in 'Pokémon the Series: XY - Kalos Quest' started by Serebii, Oct 15, 2015.

1. Serebii

Serebii And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared... Staff Member Admin

A Kalos Crisis! Battle of the Giant Sundial!!

It's time for Ash's battle in the Anistar City Gym, but on the way there, Ash & Co. stop by the city's landmark symbol, the Anistar Sundial. When there, they see Professor Sycamore and are shocked when he is suddenly attacked by a mysterious woman. Ash quickly jumps in to defend Professor Sycamore but learns from the woman that she is attacking in order to save the Kalos region, and gets challenged by her. Will Ash find out the true motives of the woman?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

2. Afrodisiac

Afrodisiac break up w yo gf, im bored

Olympia's so damn creepy lol, poor japanese kids.

She had a vision w/ Ash & Sycamore, that's probably why one of her apprentices attacked them.

MALVA!!!!!!!!!

Olympia foresaw Ash-ninja..wow.

They're talking about the Mega Evolution acts events, i'm slayed.

Those flashbacks were amazing, I need subs now!! That bonding scene between Ash & Frogadier was really cute.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2015
  3. qurtzee203

qurtzee203 Banned

Are they foreshadowing Malva for Act 4?

4. p96822

p96822 Evolve me please

Ash's frogadier kill count goes up to 5 and this time is not a grass type

5. qurtzee203

qurtzee203 Banned

Olympia also sees Ash Greninja in the future!!!

6. Lucario At Service

Lucario At Service Calm Trainer

The Future,

[IMG139]http://s4.postimg.org/4wqpi5dm3/Foreshadow.jpg[/IMG139]

7. AshSerena

AshSerena Well-Known Member

Okay that was interesting episode,
    Malva as News caster (lol!)
    Olympia is kinda creepy gym leader for me but all the Gym leaders i see, she is the best so far
    Olympia predicting about Frogadier, saying that there's something going to happen on Ash and Frogadier in near Future, no one yet seen, and prof sycamore saying "maybe its mega evolve?"
    XY&Z Come now faster!

8. WillDaSnail

WillDaSnail Soon™?

This was a much better episode than I envisioned to be.

The impromptu double battle that Ash had versus one of the Gym's trainers at the sundial was good, especially the fact that his Pikachu and Frogadier made quick work of the trainer's Sableye and Sigilyph. But that trainer went too far when it came to interpreting Olympia's predictions and trying to save the day; glad that was put to an end very quickly.

Olympia's foreshadowing of events in the future: predicting Ash's Frogadier's evolution, looking at its backstory (in depth), and the future Ash-Greninja form was very interesting. However, my impression of Olympia (as a character) is that she gives off that creepy vibe as well.

Malva's anime debut (on TV) was unexpected, but not surprising given the turn of events that are coming up.

TR getting nailed by Olympia's Meowstics' Future Sights was top kek.

I am absolutely hyped towards the future events that are coming up in XY&Z; this episode did its job in foreshadowing it.

8/10.

9. DaDonYordel

DaDonYordel The Gazing Eye

For an episode that was primarily used as exposition and to hype up XY&Z, goddamn, they goddamn did right. It was a great episode. Had me at the edge of my seat with the foreshadowing, backstory, and references to previous events like the Primal Groudon and Kyogre fight in Hoenn. Olympia herself is a pretty great character, not knee-jerking like that redheaded trainer and explaining herself to Ash and Sycamore. Olympia as a human is ridiculously OP if you think about it. She has Precognition, Mind reading powers, and some form of astral projection that allows her to show past events, which in this case is Frogadier's childhood.

The short battle was not too shabby, Ash destroys whatsherface though she did put up a fight.

10. Absketchum

Absketchum Well-Known Member

Froakie egg & pikachu frightening eevee was top kek :p

11. nuzamaki90

nuzamaki90 Well-Known Member

Damn this was a good episode and it all started with my babe Malva doing her news shtick. She looks great on camera.

What were Olympia's goonies doing in the beginning? They looked like some cult performing some weird ritual. Olympia's exposition of the Kalos crisis involving Ash and Sycamore, as well as Frogadier's new power when he evolves was pretty great. I like how Sycamore first thought of Mega Evolution because logically tgat would be the most likely outcome.

And Ash wiping the floor with Sableye and Sigilyph was nice to see too

12. UltimateNinja

UltimateNinja ~Ice Cold~

Now that's what I am calling a good episode.

Olympia's character is really interesting. She can see the future and the past. Using this for the flashbacks was an excellent idea. Malva and the mentioning of the Mega Evolution act 3 made it even better.

And the thing, that I have to point out the most: FINALLY Frogadier's past. Like how they explained. Only downside was the TR part, but even there they showed future sight.

Good episode 9/10

13. Xeogran

Xeogran Hajimemashite.

Seems weird to watch Pokemon before Naruto, and then hear Tsunade in both shows xD.

14. Captain America X

Captain America X Well-Known Member

Hmm,this episode was pretty good.They managed to make Olympia creepy as hell and quite interesting too(compared to her in game self)

15. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "Oh, look. A comment."

I think it was rather weak myself. Why would Olympia suddenly get an interest on Frogadier just like that? Why not peek into Serena's, Clemont's, or Bonnie's future while she was at it? It was like Frogadier just got focus just because the power of future sight wanted it.

(Peeking into Ash's future would just spoil who was going to school him hard at the league).

...A broken image?

16. Soniman

Soniman Break the Limit

Because she was haiving visions of importaant future events and obviously the XYZ plot is what takes precendent so that's why Frogadier got the visions, because he will play a key role in the future

17. Tabasco Boshi

Tabasco Boshi ★★★★★

James's Holo Caster = Win

18. LizardonX

LizardonX Banned

Meh episode.

It's not outright bad like the showcase ones or TR focused eps but it just couldn't hold my interest.

5/10

19. Mr. Reloaded

Mr. Reloaded An enigma

Can't tell if Olympia is suppose to be scary or flat out insane, either way I like what they've done with her.

We also got a lot more of Frogadier's long overdue backstory than I was expecting to get and I absolutely loved it! And don't even get me started on all the cool effects being done in the gym by the Meowstic's, work of beauty right there.

Fantastic episode 9.5/10

I don't normally give episodes such a high score so that should really say something.

20. Hungry Hungry Hypno

Hungry Hungry Hypno Neutral Type

Olympia was creepy AF. Loved it!

So nice of them to give TR screentime; this episode just wouldn't have been the same without them.