• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Cloudy Fate, Bright Future! (895)

Soaring Pikachu

Cool Trainer
A pretty good lead up for the incoming gym battle. Learning more of Froakies history is a welcomed addition. The young frog may have been in trouble if Ash had not come along, since that would mean Froakie could have been waiting for a matching trainer for an even longer amount of time.

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
Really enjoyed Frogadier's backstory, although I could have sworn we already knew Ash was chosen by Froakie from the beginning, lol.

The voice acting of the assistants and Olympia were through the roof. Their actions and tone really stuck out to me, especially for COTD characters. Whoever voiced the three, good on them!

Can't believe were at the final episode of the season next week, if that's to be true. 7th badge incoming, and we're almost done!

OH, the brief appearance of Malva was great. I really want to see her in action, as we know what she's involved with...

Last edited:

Perfect Zygarde

I have no idea how TR convinced themselves they could steal the sundial because I'm pretty sure the balloon wouldn't have been able to lift it and it's probably attached to the ground anyway. I don't think they thought that through completely but that's not surprising given their track record. Also Meowth's jump into a lake comment made absolutely no sense it was just stupid just like that comment he made about Bonnie being little in A not so flying start.

Yeah that's basically how TR was in the episode. Nothing new really.

So I think it's obvious that Carrie needs to learn not to jump to conclusions. I always say that you can get yourself into a lot of trouble by doing that.

I like how we got our first glimpse of Ash-Greninja even if it was only as a silhouette. But when Olympia said Frogadier has a curious fate she may have been referring to more than just Ash-Greninja. But if so than what was it?

Darkness Angel

Lover of Fate-Chan
We, get a bunch of Foreshadowing of future events along with some music that I actually enjoyed for once in the series.

This was an ok episode. I just found it interesting that they gave Frogadier some backstory.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Olympia: I AM OLYMPIA, BETTER KNOWN AS THE LIVING HYPE MACHINE. IN THE FUTURE, I FORESEE ASH'S FROGADIER OBTAINING UNTOLD POWER BEYOND MEASURE!

Sycamore: Mega Evolution?!

Olympia: UH, SURE, LET'S GO WITH THAT. I ALSO FORESEE THAT HE WILL BE THE MAIN CHARACTER TO FACE OFF AGAINST THE CRISIS, AND THAT THIS POPULAR GROUP KNOWN AS TRIO WILL BE THERE TOO!!!

Serena: Can you tell us if we will succeed in our personal goals?!

Olympia: IT IT SIMPLE, CHILD! JUST DESERT ASH KETCHUM FROM PALLET TOWN AND YOU WILL MEET YOUR GOALS WITH FLAWLESS SUCCESS! OTHERWISE, IT IS A WASTE TO BRING THAT UP EVEN NOW. IT IS NOT YOUR TIME FOR SOME NEEDED SPOTLIGHT IN THIS EPISODE! And by the way, it's common knowledge Ash Ketchum will lose at the league as always.

The main four, especially a ticked Ash: Hey!

Frogadier: Ha ha, being a lone wolf has its rewards.

Seriously. She's just a living hype machine for Ash. Conveniently, the future is all about him and his froggy ninja. No stuff for the others besides mentioning they'll be spectators at best. And she can apparently see the past too.

I like exposition now and then, but not when it's just about one person. At least no Pikachu glorification.

Vipsoccermaster

Fine episode. Great to see the backstory of Frogadier. There's just one episode left for the season, and the movie, and then who knows how long into 2016 will we get the first dubbed episode of the next season...

Pikachu52

I think it was rather weak myself. Why would Olympia suddenly get an interest on Frogadier just like that? Why not peek into Serena's, Clemont's, or Bonnie's future while she was at it? It was like Frogadier just got focus just because the power of future sight wanted it.
(Peeking into Ash's future would just spoil who was going to school him hard at the league).
...A broken image?

It was implied that Olympia didn't really have a lot of control over her visions. Most of what she saw was quite vague hence the first apprentice mistaking Ash for being a threat when Olympia said there was a coming threat to the Kalos region that Ash would be caught within the vortex of the threat (and later Team Rocket).

Olympia: I AM OLYMPIA, BETTER KNOWN AS THE LIVING HYPE MACHINE. IN THE FUTURE, I FORESEE ASH'S FROGADIER OBTAINING UNTOLD POWER BEYOND MEASURE!.

Basically yes. Olympia's vision's are plot device to create hype about the upcoming series without giving anything away. Annoyingly so as the wording of the two visions is so vague it makes her look like a backstreet fortune teller. But Olympia never said Frogadire would obtain untold power.

What's interesting however is the wording of Olympia's visions. When she talks about Frogadire's future all she says is "it's power will become greater and greater," and that "it would reach new heights that no one has ever reached before and the two of you will reach them together." This statement is deliberately vague and could refer to just about anything. Both Ash, Clemont and Professor Sycamore had different interpretations. Professor Sycamore asked would it mega evolve, Ash asked would Frogadire become Greninja and Clemont says "a new power nobody's ever seen before is a really big deal." Arguably all three of them are sensationalising and misinterpreting what Olympia is saying. Olympia didn't say Frogadire would either evolve or gain a new power. Olympia never refers to Greninja having a power. All she said was it would reach new heights. She certainly didn't say it will become the Ash Greninja and have a power comparable to mega evolution, which is what the Ash Greninja is supposed to be.

It's hard to see how people get "untold power" from the statement "reach new heights," and "reach them together." This actually sounds more like an external achievement, like winning the league, rather than Frogadire gaining a special power within it's self. She also says Frogadire was looking for love when it chose Ash - That implies reach new heights and reach them together could mean something vastly different from special evolutions or league victories

The first vision is even worse as she refers to a coming disaster, people who will gather in Anistar City who be at the vortex of it, something about a green eye and those lead by it at which point she shows a picture of Ash and Pikachu (Ash's eyes are brown), and the one who will show the the way which is accompanied by a picture of Professor Sycamore. This is probably supposed to refer to Team Flare's appearance in the series but it's so vague it's actually meaningless. All we know is something bad will happen that Ash and Pikachu will be caught in. It could mean anything.

Personally I thought Olympia came across as a bit of con-artist. She used mysticism and showmanship to impress everybody and make them believe she could see the future. But when you actually think about her "visions" she didn't give any concrete detail about what was going to happen. Obliviously there's a reason it was drafted this way. Essentially what the episode is trying to do is create a hype for the XYZ arch without actually saying what's going to happen or what it will be about. In terms of cannon we can probably assume the visions are genuine.

I'll give it 7/10

At least no Pikachu glorification.

That's a pity. Pikachu hasn't had a moment to shine since the 5th gym and if Olympia is referring to XYZ it would be nice to give Pikachu the spotlight. They did in episode N and the climax of Team Aqua and Team Magma's arch. Also it's reasonable to presume Pikachu's important in someway given he does appear in Olympia's first vision (frogadire doesn't appear there). Olympia does mention love a couple of times which would apply more to Pikachu than Frogadire.

And by the way, it's common knowledge Ash Ketchum will lose at the league as always.

You don't need to be psychic to predict that!

Last edited:

calvinhobbesliker

Olympia: I AM OLYMPIA, BETTER KNOWN AS THE LIVING HYPE MACHINE. IN THE FUTURE, I FORESEE ASH'S FROGADIER OBTAINING UNTOLD POWER BEYOND MEASURE!

Sycamore: Mega Evolution?!

Olympia: UH, SURE, LET'S GO WITH THAT. I ALSO FORESEE THAT HE WILL BE THE MAIN CHARACTER TO FACE OFF AGAINST THE CRISIS, AND THAT THIS POPULAR GROUP KNOWN AS TRIO WILL BE THERE TOO!!!

Serena: Can you tell us if we will succeed in our personal goals?!

Olympia: IT IT SIMPLE, CHILD! JUST DESERT ASH KETCHUM FROM PALLET TOWN AND YOU WILL MEET YOUR GOALS WITH FLAWLESS SUCCESS! OTHERWISE, IT IS A WASTE TO BRING THAT UP EVEN NOW. IT IS NOT YOUR TIME FOR SOME NEEDED SPOTLIGHT IN THIS EPISODE! And by the way, it's common knowledge Ash Ketchum will lose at the league as always.

The main four, especially a ticked Ash: Hey!

Frogadier: Ha ha, being a lone wolf has its rewards.

Seriously. She's just a living hype machine for Ash. Conveniently, the future is all about him and his froggy ninja. No stuff for the others besides mentioning they'll be spectators at best. And she can apparently see the past too.

I like exposition now and then, but not when it's just about one person. At least no Pikachu glorification.

Why do people keep saying that the girls can only achieve their goals if Ash isn't there. So far, none of the girls seem to have achieved their goals.

Pikachu52

Doesn't mean the writers can't give her those visions, though.

True, but there would be no point having her peak into Ash's future at the league as it would give away the ending of the series (which may well not have been written or produced yet). Plus if the point was to set up and create hype for XYZ there really isn't any point in giving Olympia visions of Bonnie or Serena. The function of the episode may have been to create hype, but I really don't think it was a problem Olympia's vision focused on Ash and Frogadire.

Perfect Zygarde

I think the canon reason she had a vision of Frogadier's future but not anyone else's is because what Happens in Frogadier's is much more significant. This is also evidenced by the fact that the other visions she had in the episode were also of significant events. Even if one of those events was a plan that was doomed to fail almost immediately. >_>

Orton155

Pokemon Enthusiast
This signals the start of when things get very interesting. The episode started mysteriously, almost haunting, and then Carrie interprets the vision wrongly and we get a mock double battle!

I really liked when Olympia (who is incredibly intriguing) explained Froakie/Frogadier's history. We've seen glimpses of Froakie's past in it's actions but this ties it all together. It's new great power? Well, could be mega evolution but we all know differently ;) .

Anyway, thoroughly enjoyed the episode and I hope this sets the scene for things to come. Onto the next one!

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Well I was hoping more would happen here cuz the previews looked so cool but we mostly just got development for Frogadier and Olympia's debut. I was pleased to see Malva as a news caster like in the games however. :3

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
A fairly nice episode. Olympia's appearance was nice too, but she looked a bit scary. And her ability to predict the future was interesting.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
They gave Malva a good debut voice, I'm happy. I like that we got some of Froakie's backstory here and that Team Rocket was revealed to have a key role(As they should) in the Team Flare plot.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Eh, Olympia came across as a bit of con-artist. She used mysticism to impress everybody and make them believe she could see the future. But when you actually think about her "visions" she didn't give any concrete detail about what was going to happen.