• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Cloudy Fate, Bright Future! (895)

Alloutℯ

Banned
This episode was something else. It was great set up for the 7th gym battle of the Kalos region. Wow, only TRio would be dumb enough to try to lift a giant *** sundial with their balloon. It was awesome and hilarious seeing them get blasted by Future Sight.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Hyakkoku City looked just as beautiful as in the games in this episode, and I was pleased to see Platane-hakase appear as well. Gojika seemed to be somewhat overwhelming though since she was essentially Natsume from Yamabuki City, minus the evil doll.

I'm vastly surprised that the dub didn't have Olympia speak the same dramatic dialogue from the actual games. As for the Kalos Crisis, it's obviously going to be Zygarde wrecking stuff because of Team Flare with Ash and co. caught in a crossfire.

pokedigijedi

Saiyan Jedi
I'm sorry but I can not support this backstory, Greninja's (Frogadier at the time I know) backstory while sad feels largely self-inflicted. It was ostracized by its fellow Froakie but only because it refused to socialized and was only interested in training, and on top of that it was way too picky with who it wanted for a trainer.

Compared to Charizard, Infernape, and Pignite who were all abused, and in the case of Charizard and Pignite put into life threatening situations, Greninja's seems tame in comparisons since like I said it just feels self-inflicted

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I'm sorry but I can not support this backstory, Greninja's (Frogadier at the time I know) backstory while sad feels largely self-inflicted. It was ostracized by its fellow Froakie but only because it refused to socialized and was only interested in training, and on top of that it was way too picky with who it wanted for a trainer.

Compared to Charizard, Infernape, and Pignite who were all abused, and in the case of Charizard and Pignite put into life threatening situations, Greninja's seems tame in comparisons since like I said it just feels self-inflicted

Thing is, Frogadier isn't a Fire-type, and this show strictly has every Fire-type Ash catches have the same "I was abused by a trainer" backstory.

But don't worry. It gets worse.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Thing is, Frogadier isn't a Fire-type, and this show strictly has every Fire-type Ash catches have the same "I was abused by a trainer" backstory.

quilava, talonflame, torracat, and (IIRC) torkoal were never abused

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
quilava, talonflame, and (IIRC) torkoal were never abused

Let me rephrase that since what I meant was obvious.

Thing is, Frogadier isn't a starter Fire-type, and this show strictly has every starter Fire-type Ash catches have the same "I was abused by a trainer" backstory.

Cyndaquil/Quilava was about to be captured by an abuser, though, but his case is a bit of a subversion.

Litten's life as a stray cat fighting for food feels a bit similar to being abused in such life style.

But still, all of these starters share the same "my life sucked/was going to suck" backstory in general.

Leonhart

Imagineer
FullmetalJackie said:
As for the Kalos Crisis, it's obviously going to be Zygarde wrecking stuff because of Team Flare with Ash and co. caught in a crossfire.

They're involved in everything, so that was a given. What I enjoyed was that the prophecy foreshadowed this, which made the whole situation with the Flare-dan unique.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
So the girl in the psychic gym that attacked Ash is named Carrie.

Repeat: The girl in a psychic gym is named Carrie in both the dub and the original.

It's little references like these that make me laugh while watching this.