1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Cloyster, Milotic, or Carracosta

Discussion in 'Poképolls' started by Personosrep, Jan 17, 2013.

1. Personosrep

Personosrep Member

Cloyster can use shell smash and icicle spear, Milotic is a great rest-talker, and Carracosta has a good ability, which do you think is best

2. Ditto B1tch

Ditto B1tch Well-Known Member

3. Zachmac

Zachmac Crystalline Guardian

I see you are listing off competitive sets. One thing you should know is that sharing a type does not instantly make the two pokemon competitively comparable. Milotic is completely different then the shell smash sweepers.

Carracosta and Cloyster are comparable though. Powerful offensive STAB and shell smash makes them both good rain team shell smasher, though skill link + icicle spear is usually so good and so powerful that Cloyster is generally better.

Carracosta can arguably function better on a sandstorm, though, since it gets a special defense boost.

4. Hilda

Hilda Well-Known Member

I lean more towards cloyster

5. Personosrep

Personosrep Member

ok, i just wanted to know for my team's defensive water position (in game mostly)

Last edited: Jan 19, 2013
  6. Excitable Boy

Excitable Boy is a metaphor

...Why are ResTalking in-game?

Or Shell Smashing, for that matter.

7. Personosrep

Personosrep Member

shell smashing not so much (more for the Driftveil tourney)
    rest-talking is in-game for long journeys+ gym leaders

8. Excitable Boy

Excitable Boy is a metaphor

And you realize you can just buy Casteliacones and Hyper Potions, right?

9. Personosrep

Personosrep Member

yeah, but i like rest talk (i dont need it) but i like it
    plaus it saves a bit of money, though its not that anyone in the Pokemon world isn't rich

10. Lucario95

Lucario95 Behold The Aura!

I like more Cloyster, but Milotic is stronger and have better moves, but is up to you.