• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Cloyster turns from Black to purple!!!

Ed Phoenix

Pesky Boy
In what way?

You mean his shell? or the thing inside?

Ed Phoenix

Pesky Boy
I just checked his D/P sprite. He's completely purple.

Bright shell, really dark inside. ;091;

Cubed

You best believe it
Don't mind me asking, but where would that 'somewhere else' be. Being based off a cannon ball just doesn't sound right to me.

Last edited:

Ed Phoenix

Pesky Boy
On pokemonelite2000forums.com and I thought it might be the same story as Jynx

Aside from the fact they're both Ice-types, not really.

Jynx actually looks like a person. ;124;

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Oh great, purple Murkrows and Honchcrows. While we're at it, let's take all real-life crows and paint them purple so they're not offensive.

Cubed

You best believe it
I don't think it is the same story. Jynx was about it looking like a black person. Cloyster wouldn't spark the same controversy. It is a Oyster, after all.

FlyingTotodile

Many totodiles can't
Was Jynx actually meant to be racist in anyway? as for Closter I'd have thought that thought it looks better now with dark purple it is less contrasting!

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Jynx was supposed to represent a type of makeup used in traditional Japanese theater and among the "ganguro" people. (I have no idea how it came about, but the ganguro are these eccentric Japanese girls and women who dress like clowns. They wear neon wigs and brightly-colored clothing with tons of makeup on their faces and often a tan. And they're covered in glitter. It's a major turn-on for some boys and is a kind of 1980s fashion gone horribly wrong.)

What happened was that African-Americans...well, only a few of them...interpreted Jynx as an actor in blackface, a kind of make-up for whites to look black in old movies, like Gone with the Wind and Birth of a Nation. Like normal Americans, they protested, complained, and theatened to sue, so Nintendo made Jynx's face purple, and they were okay. That is, until the California Raisins are genetically engineered and get cranky...

Dragonfree

Just me
They've changed the colors of other Pokémon before. :/ This is nothing new. Lavender Wartortle, anyone? Anyone remember Spinarak in Gold when it was still blue/purple in its normal form?

Whiscash

Professional catfish
They've changed the colors of other Pokémon before. :/ This is nothing new. Lavender Wartortle, anyone? Anyone remember Spinarak in Gold when it was still blue/purple in its normal form?

What about Sneasel? Its RS sprite was brown. Brown, for fish's sake >_>;;;

Lavender Wartortle, though? Don't remember that one...