• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Club Double Trouble (a double battling community)

Status
Not open for further replies.

joej m

Club Double Trouble
maybe, but he likes winning :p
3rd page WOOP WOOP xD

joej m

Club Double Trouble
A couple times I forgot there was trick room up and paralyzed there Pokemon Which made them faster in trick room! xD

Last edited:

Princess Raspberyl

~Shining One~
A couple times I forgot there was trick room up and paralyzed there Pokemon to make it faster! xD

...Wow. D8 One time I was battling a Trick Room team and using a Floatzel (I liek Floatzel :3) and when Floatzel was outsped I thought "WHY IS MY FLOATZEL GOING LAST?! D:<" ...And then I remember Trick Room got set up. And that happens to me often ._. Makes me feel like an idiot :p

joej m

Club Double Trouble
Lol, then sometimes I go against rain teams and they have a kingdra and I thought my Latios would outspend it... But the rain didn't help with that... -_-

EmphaticPikachu

A tired little girl~
Hi, I am EmphaticPikachu and I am a competitive double battler! My favorite VGC pokemon is likely...Metagross or Cressila. I've never really used cressila, but the usefulness of it is amazing when used against me. I just haven't found the time to train one up. Metagross on the other hand, Used to be on my team, and like all metagross's, it was a beast. Bullet punch priority and surviving things lol. Though my most used VGC pokemon right now is eruption typlsion. ERUPT ONTO EVERYTHING. There. xD My favorite pokemon is pikachu, and I like double battles because they're a change of pace from single battles, and I'm almost always forced to do them for tournaments anyway. =_=... Since I'm not the best Double battler (HI JOEJ. REMEMBER THOSE BATTLES? :D), I would prefer to be an ev-trainer. I would say IV breeder, But I never go for PERFECT pokemon =_=;...too much work for me. I just get the stats MOST needed. So I don't think Iv breeding as a job would be good for me.

joej m

Club Double Trouble
Accepted! Welcome to the club! :D
Did you know that IV's and nature affect the stats as much as the EV's do?
And you can have the job! Btw you don't need a job...

Princess Raspberyl

~Shining One~
HIYA HIKARI! =D NO I WILL NEVER STOP CALLING YOU THAT. D8 *highfives*
And wow O+O Never faced a rain team but that sounds very annoying D8
Ok then, just curious, but what's everyone's least favorite Pokemon to face in Random Matchup/Competitive?
As for me....Terrakion and Jellicent. They find a million and one ways to screw me over. ._.

EmphaticPikachu

A tired little girl~
Accepted! Welcome to the club! :D
Did you know that IV's and nature affect the stats as much as the EV's do?
And you can have the job! Btw you don't need a job...

Yes, I know. :p All Iv's can give up to a 31 point boost in all stats when it reaches level 100. Technically speaking, ev training can give 64 to one stat, but only to two stats overall. Meaning that IV's give a better boost. However due to lazyiness, and honestly wishing people would stop pressuring so much...I stick with getting the IV's I need. Like speed and special attack for a special sweeper. But the rest can be random unless I REALLY feel like it. XD All my pokemon must be superior AT LEAST , unless I get a good hidden power from something lower that needs it (like my lucario ._.).

And natures give another a boost...I knew natures about the time I knew ev's. I memorized what each of them did back in PLATINUM. which was 3 years ago. XD

and oh..I didn't know that...oh well, I don't mind helping when I can. But remember that if something really big comes up, I might need too back out...Thats unlikely, but its a given scenario. XD

joej m

Club Double Trouble
HIYA HIKARI! =D NO I WILL NEVER STOP CALLING YOU THAT. D8 *highfives*
And wow O+O Never faced a rain team but that sounds very annoying D8
Ok then, just curious, but what's everyone's least favorite Pokemon to face in Random Matchup/Competitive?
As for me....Terrakion and Jellicent. They find a million and one ways to screw me over. ._.

Never faced a rain team ?? They are one of the most common types of teams!
Cresselia always gets me... Unless the team has a Pokemon there just to counter it it'll sit there for 4 turns and paralyze my entire team or something... :/

The Light Ruler

Light of Ruin.......

Probably Cresselia. It's a pain to get rid of, and it's always undoing my Trick Room at the worst possible times. I also almost lost a VGC tiebreaker against one of these things at nationals this past summer when it came down to my Heatran vs their Cresselia with hail chipping away at both Pokémon's HP.

Chingchar

Least favourite strategy... Quad weather would be mine it's too unpredictable and annoying, although thankfully you don't see much of it :)

joej m

Club Double Trouble
I bassically have only seen quad weather 2 times and only on PO. It too risky to bring to an event I would think...

EmphaticPikachu

A tired little girl~
I bassically have only seen quad weather 2 times and only on PO. It too risky to bring to an event I would think...

it is very rare...I suspect that its a little too much. I'd go for double weather to be honest, because then you could switch between two weathers, and thats really all you need. The rest of the team could abuse those two weathers.

THough what do I know? xD

joej m

Club Double Trouble
it is very rare...I suspect that its a little too much. I'd go for double weather to be honest, because then you could switch between two weathers, and thats really all you need. The rest of the team could abuse those two weathers.

THough what do I know? xD

yeah because you are a noob :p
J.K.
but most weather relies on speed, so a trick room would really destroy you.

drizzleboy12

Topic change to: Choice Items

Choice items are less common in VGC because there are less switching. Some people say they are bad in VGC and gems are better, while some think they are very handy. Lets discuss!

Status
Not open for further replies.