• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Club Double Trouble (a double battling community)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Master Chief

@KuzKan: True that would do major damage but don't forget that cc lowers your defenses so lucario becomes even frailer. However a specially based lucario has acces to aura sphere and flash cannon. Both powerful moves plus STAB

KuzKan

@zozo yeah i know what you mean, thats exactly why i only know about mega evo on gen VI aswell xD i plan on knowing nothing until i've played it but damn... i culdnt resist looking at this xD either way ill still be away from the rest of the news and sorry if we spoiled that for you D:

@zombieoverkill12's True... we jut gotta wait to see hi stats i guess, and mainly the way to get them to mega evolve ><

Last edited:

Silvershark

HAWLUCHA!!!
You can keep your MegaLucario, I'll take MegaAbsol. It's design was fantastic before, now it just looks godly. That and it's about time Magic Bounce got some more users. Anybody thinking that the other starters will get mega forms since Blaziken got one? It would only be fair and some, like Sceptile and Samurott, would really appreciate the boost, not to mention looking even more awesome.

zozo

SLIMED!
Just give me Mega Venusaur and Mega Torterra and I'll be happy.

Though if I could have a Mega Swampert too, that would be incredible.

But I must say, Mega Absol sounds pretty amazing... I've always wished Absol got a bit more love.
If only they'd do the same for Sableye and Mawile. Those two are just begging to be developed more!

KuzKan

Yeh absol looks amazing aswell definetely
And yea... i hope that other starters can get mega evo's aswell.
I would love a MEGA Charizard *O*
But if we can only have them via an event like we will have torchic holding the necessary item i hope that we can farm that, because i efenitely wanna try a bunch of diferent sets with all of them

jstinftw!

hey trainer
Just give me Mega Venusaur and Mega Torterra and I'll be happy.

Though if I could have a Mega Swampert too, that would be incredible.

But I must say, Mega Absol sounds pretty amazing... I've always wished Absol got a bit more love.
If only they'd do the same for Sableye and Mawile. Those two are just begging to be developed more!
There is a MegaMawile! Also, these Pokemon all have new abilities! MegaMawile has Huge Power, MegaAbsol has Magic Bounce, MegaLucario has Adaptability, and MegaAmpharos goes Electric/Dragon with Mold Breaker! MegaBlaziken sticks to its Speed Boost, and MegaMewtwo gets the most anticlimatic ability yet; Insomnia.

I'm excited to see Trick Rotom//Sableye & Switcheroo Lopunny do some work on these Mega Pokemon, since they have to be holding their item in order to stay in Mega Forme.

Last edited:

KuzKan

There is a MegaMawile! Also, these Pokemon all have new abilities! MegaMawile has Huge Power, MegaAbsol has Magic Bounce, MegaLucario has Adaptability, and MegaAmpharos goes Electric/Dragon with Mold Breaker! MegaBlaziken sticks to its Speed Boost, and MegaMewtwo gets the most anticlimatic ability yet; Insomnia.

I'm excited to see Trick Rotom//Sableye & Switcheroo Lopunny do some work on these Mega Pokemon, since they have to be holding their item in order to stay in Mega Forme.

idk about Switcheroo and trick... it would change alot if they'd change forms in the middle of the battle so maybe they cant be target by that?
iirc there are some ocasions already where you cant ssteal the oposing item arent there?

jstinftw!

hey trainer
idk about Switcheroo and trick... it would change alot if they'd change forms in the middle of the battle so maybe they cant be target by that?
iirc there are some ocasions already where you cant ssteal the oposing item arent there?

Oh that's true. That'd be an interesting clause. But so far, no mention, so I'm still open to it working. hahah

Anyways, HERE'S THE BANNER FOR THE WORLDS STREAM!!! Put it in your signature to increase awareness!!! :D

WATCHVGC1.png

OR you could copy+paste below. Just remove the spaces before the [ that I put so that you could see the actual code! :D

[ URL="http://www.twitch.tv/pokemon"][ IMG]http://i771.photobucket.com/albums/xx357/dasoupstar/WATCHVGC1.png[/IMG][/URL]
[I ]On August 10th-11th, the Official Pokemon Company International will be streaming the 2013 Pokemon World Championships live on Twitch.tv!
It's important that we support Pokemon in this endeavor by watching!
This is a great opportunity to see some great battles, hear some informative & engaging commentary, all while supporting Pokemon!
For more information, [ URL="http://striatonradio.tumblr.com/post/57570493578/want-to-watch-the-official-2013-pokemon-world"]click here![/URL][/I]

philzone

Ready for trumpets
Oh man! indeed!
I want that lucario so badly, he looks cool as hell, and that ampharos aswell. Electric/Dragon with mold breaker? Thats scary

Sounds scary? It looks like a pseudo zekrom. But dragon... I bet mega charizard will be dragon, and sceptile. But it has to be said: RIP tyranitar. Nice knowing you, but a 240bp close combat from megalucario will just destroy you. But megalucario also gets extremespeed and a boosted attack stat. I am a little scared for absol. Faster, and stronger, with magic bounce. Now thundurus, you have met your match. Now mewtwo becomes a darkrai slayer in singles, but if it comes to doubles (vgc 10 style), breloom,and amoonguss, are doomed. Megamawile means goodbye dragons, due to resisting dragon, and destroying them.

But the cool thing is: mega stones can be pokemon specific items, blazikenite?? Allowing many in a team, as there is no item clause. Tag team lucario and blaziken =]

But in vgc, I think there will be a vgc10 style clause, allowing only 2/3 of them in your team

But best is mega lucario.

The Master Chief

Knowing gf and vgc, you'll probably be limited to a certain amount of mega-pokemon sadly. Can't wait to obliterate things with mega lucario though! Glad i pre-ordered x and y ^_^

jstinftw!

hey trainer
Knowing gf and vgc, you'll probably be limited to a certain amount of mega-pokemon sadly. Can't wait to obliterate things with mega lucario though! Glad i pre-ordered x and y ^_^

Confirmed the Mega Stone is the hold item, so only one Mega Pokemon in VGC. Oh well, it was a good dream.

In other news, there will be new Mega Pokemon announced next month. I'm not quite excited about that b uut...... I mean. It's happening.

In other news, don't forget guys! This is a thing! Put it in your sig and get the word out!! We, as SPPF's underwhelming VGC Community, need to be as noisy about this as possible!

WATCHVGC1.png

OR you could copy+paste below. Just remove the spaces before the [ that I put so that you could see the actual code! :D

[ URL="http://www.twitch.tv/pokemon"][ IMG]http://i771.photobucket.com/albums/xx357/dasoupstar/WATCHVGC1.png[/IMG][/URL]
[I ]On August 10th-11th, the Official Pokemon Company International will be streaming the 2013 Pokemon World Championships live on Twitch.tv!
It's important that we support Pokemon in this endeavor by watching!
This is a great opportunity to see some great battles, hear some informative & engaging commentary, all while supporting Pokemon!
For more information, [ URL="http://striatonradio.tumblr.com/post/57570493578/want-to-watch-the-official-2013-pokemon-world"]click here![/URL][/I]

KuzKan

Only 1 per team huh? Well... we were expecting that already so... oh well xD
Either way i cant wait... Actually i always wanted to experiment Mawile and Absol in VGC but i never did, sadly.
My fav is still mega lucario but i would love to see a mega kangaskhan aswell for example

@justin done :3

EDIT: Oh wow! Mega evo is only possible in battle and it looks really cool o-o

Last edited:

jstinftw!

hey trainer
Only 1 per team huh? Well... we were expecting that already so... oh well xD
Either way i cant wait... Actually i always wanted to experiment Mawile and Absol in VGC but i never did, sadly.
My fav is still mega lucario but i would love to see a mega kangaskhan aswell for example

@justin done :3

EDIT: Oh wow! Mega evo is only possible in battle and it looks really cool o-o

New news came out. We can have more than one Mega Stone on a team, because each Mega Stone is exclusive to the Pokemon that is evolving.

Ex. Mega Blaziken = Blazikenite,Mega Lucario = Lucarionite

KuzKan

New news came out. We can have more than one Mega Stone on a team, because each Mega Stone is exclusive to the Pokemon that is evolving.

Ex. Mega Blaziken = Blazikenite,Mega Lucario = Lucarionite

OOOOOOOH... i thought we'd nee for example the Lucarionite and then use a mega stone in some way, at least was what i got from a video but i guess i misunderstood.
Now we just need to wait for them not to be considered ubers and not be banned on VGC T_T (aside from mewtwo)

EDIT: btw is it known how long will the Torchic event be availble? If it's too short lots of people wont be able to get one :/

Last edited:

philzone

Ready for trumpets
OOOOOOOH... i thought we'd nee for example the Lucarionite and then use a mega stone in some way, at least was what i got from a video but i guess i misunderstood.
Now we just need to wait for them not to be considered ubers and not be banned on VGC T_T (aside from mewtwo)

EDIT: btw is it known how long will the Torchic event be availble? If it's too short lots of people wont be able to get one :/

Bet you it is the same as japan. But confirmed as a DW torchic. I am not going to get it until RNGing in x and y is figured out.

KuzKan

Bet you it is the same as japan. But confirmed as a DW torchic. I am not going to get it until RNGing in x and y is figured out.

same here, but it will take some time for it since this time there arent even JP version wich came out earlier ><
first i heard the event would be up until January but some other place it said it was going to be for a very short period of time... i seriously hope not. I relly want get a few and idk if i'll get the game right when it comes out

EDIT: OOOOOH! Mr. Masuda must frequent serebii xD
As i said i would love to see a mega Kangaskhan what happens? Its is revealed mwahahahahah
I can't wait to know it's features, i hope he receives a really nice power up :D

EDIT2: WOW! his mega evolution ability will be amazing! Kangaskhan attacking twice? damn...
Now... idk if the damage is reduced the second time, probably it is, but still... i want him *O*

Last edited:

jstinftw!

hey trainer
ScreenShot2013-08-11at80146PM.png

The 2013 Pokemon World Championships

HEY! I just noticed that, despite Worlds being streamed live, THE DOUBLE BATTLE CLUB HAS BEEN QUIET! HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE, THIS IS OUR METAGAME BEING BROADCASTED AND SHOWCASED WORLDWIDE!

Probably cos no one reminded everyone (aka me). Hahahaha. Anyways, here's the thread!

Finals is going to be streamed live in about 5 hours at the time of my posting. If you can, definitely show TPCi your support and watch the finals match!

Quick insert from me, we've got a really interesting finals ahead of us. Ryosuke of Japan will be facing off against Arash Ommati of Italy.

ScreenShot2013-08-11at74656PM.png

Ryosuke Kosuge (Japan), Finalist of the 2013 Pokemon World Championships

I don't know much about Arash Ommati, but he was able to defeat Enosh Shakar (US Nationals 1st Runner Up/Second Placer) and Matteo (Forgot his last name), who has been a consistently good player in VGC and even took 1st Runner Up/Second Place at Worlds in 2011. So Arash HAS to be extremely talented to have defeated such big names and make it to the finals.

ScreenShot2013-08-11at74646PM.png

Sejun Park (Korea), Top 2013 Pokemon World Championships

On the other hand, Ryosuke had to defeat Sejun Park of Korea, who has GREATLY influenced the VGC Metagame (more so than even Ray Rizzo himself), in really close matches. Sejun has always shown great skill this year, consistently topping both Korean Nationals and the Wi-Fi events, and has brought into the metagame some of the most influential sets to the metagame this year (Breloom, Liepard, etc.).

ScreenShot2013-08-11at74829PM.png

Aaron Zheng (USA), Top 2013 Pokemon World Championships

He then had to defeat Aaron Zheng, two time Nationals Champion and multiple Regional Champion/Top Cutter. Aaron Zheng is an extremely consistent player, always doing well in events EXCEPT Worlds (which changed this year, taking 3rd Place). Ryosuke defeated both of the tournament's favorites to win Worlds to get to the finals, and he did so from a Game 1 loss deficit. He has shown great skill and incredible battling prowess.

The finals is set to be an extremely interesting set of matches. I really hope everyone in the club watches, and if you can't, you can just catch up and watch later after it's streamed live. But it's better to watch while it is live because that is what will show TPCi that what they are doing is well worth the effort.

ScreenShot2013-08-11at74506PM.png

2013 Pokemon World Championships VGC Commentators Evan Latt & Scott Glaza

While I'm talking about the quality of the TPCi's streaming efforts, I also want to bring up the commentators. While the matches themselves were great matches, what really brought the quality of the stream up were the commentators. Both are accomplished Nugget Bridge commentators with plenty of experience, and they really let it show during the stream. You are brought into the minds of high skilled trainers, and they walk you along so that you always know what is going on. It is both interesting and educational. This effort is an amazing addition by TPCi.

And that's why everyone needs to be watching the Worlds stream in 5 hours! :D

Last edited:

zozo

SLIMED!
Hey! It may be that the club is quiet because we're all off watching the live stream! :p
Okay, probably not, lol!
Though I for one did manage to see a couple of the games yesterday between Ryouske and Sejun. I have to say, I was quite surprised! It looked like Sejun had it pretty much nailed. That Jellicent of his seemed to be nearly unstoppable, and Abomasnow was able to net some devastating KOs. It looked like Ryouske really had his Tyranitar's sandstorm to thank for pulling those matches out. That and the fact that his Thundurus was able to sponge so many hits before going down.

I didn't get to see much of the stream, but I'm glad to hear Ryouske is doing so well. I'll certainly try and catch a bit of today's battles.

Status
Not open for further replies.