• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Club Double Trouble (a double battling community)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shreyas

Fine by me, provided I can do my battles Sunday night or Monday.

Nice team Shreyas. I'd like to battle it again, this time with a team I'm not still experimenting with. :D

I'd also like to have a whack at your IC-m team joej m.

lol yay! VM me whenever you can battle! ;D
I've got nothing to do all weekend anyway!

philzone

Ready for trumpets
lol yay! VM me whenever you can battle! ;D
I've got nothing to do all weekend anyway!

Saw your team. have you tried replacing taunt and t-wave with swagger and foul play. it works so well, especially when you lock something into protect with encore. i usually ran one along side a breloom, since you either were spored, or regretted protecting when you were encored.

@topic has to be swampert. that thing can take so many hits and then just tank the foe.

GalactaRay

Hi, I'm Fireray and wish to become a competitive double because double battle needs more strategy and I suck at battling anyway. My favourite VC Pokemon is Garchomp because he's cool. I have never made a competitive double battle team, so I hope I have fun. My favourite pokemon is Cyndaquil. I can breed but I don't now how I can breed with EV's.

Nitocrys

Because I'm Happy.
pretty solid team you have there :)
a few things that come into mind about the team:
1. ok... why two fake out pokemon? this is just... odd to me, seeing you dont need it all at. maybe a breloom would work good on the team. seeing that you already have tailwind, which breloom likes a lot, you aren't using focus sash on anything else, and you are lacking a powerful grass type move, i would do that. it also gives you another priority of mach punch. i would do technician, jolly, max attack and speed out. sporing is really great on tailwind teams. give breloom mach punch, bullet seed, spore, protect @ focus sash.
2. weavile should have ice punch. seeing how fast it is already, and that you already have another stab priority, i dont think you need the ice shard on it. ice punch will help you with things like hydreigon, which it can't KO with any of its moves.
3. your EV's are not helping you at all. i would really like to give you some less standard ones.
4. scizor + metagross is pretty redundant. i would use a different psychic type pokemon, such as latios/latias or an offensive cresselia. or you could use something like salamence, which might help you with intimidate instead of hitmontop, and has hp flying.
5: give kingdra substitute instead of hp fire, you already have zapdos for heat wave. also, give kingdra a life orb, and the possible salamence a dragon gem. also give it protect as well.
6. give scizor protect, and take off superpower. then give it a steel gem. swords dance steel gem bullet punch rips through everything.
7. where is your protect? your team is pretty hyper offense, so protecting is pretty vital because your team needs the protecting on the vital turns (i just repeated myself xD)

so, my final ideas on the team are:
weavile, breloom, scizor, zapdos, salamence, kingdra.
for EV's, PM/VM me, i can make you some EV spreads ;)

EDIT: we need to set a final date for the tourney... now... i would like it to be in the upcoming weekend probably.
Ok, i just need to find a breeloom then.

I noticed im very trickroom weak, any way to fix that?

zozo

SLIMED!
Ok, i just need to find a breeloom then.

I noticed im very trickroom weak, any way to fix that?

Priority moves are often a good way to be able to still function somewhat even in Trick room. (incidentally, they're also probably the most compatible with the team you have right now. Bullet Punch on Scizor, for example, is a killer in or out of Trick Room). Your team becomes a little easier to predict, but you're able to still use your attacking power without being constrained by the Trick Room.

Then there's Taunt. TR setters are usually easy to predict, so hitting them with a Taunt can stop them before they get started. Fake Out can be good too, but a lot of TR setters are Ghost type, so it won't be perfect.

Imprison can work in some situations, but it requires you to actually have Trick Room on a Pokemon, so I find it to be kind of gimmicky. Having Trick Room reversers is relatively common too, but that can go disastrously wrong if your prediction is off. If you mis-predict and use Taunt, then it's not too big of a deal. If you mis-predict and use Trick Room, hoping to reverse an expected TR from your opponent, you can end up taking hits PLUS letting TR go up, giving your opponent a huge advantage. Not a very good strategy, in my eyes.

Finally, pretty much any Pokemon that has access to Prankster is capable of shutting down a TR team in a variety of ways.
Hope that gives you some ideas!

Nitocrys

Because I'm Happy.
Priority moves are often a good way to be able to still function somewhat even in Trick room. (incidentally, they're also probably the most compatible with the team you have right now. Bullet Punch on Scizor, for example, is a killer in or out of Trick Room). Your team becomes a little easier to predict, but you're able to still use your attacking power without being constrained by the Trick Room.

Then there's Taunt. TR setters are usually easy to predict, so hitting them with a Taunt can stop them before they get started. Fake Out can be good too, but a lot of TR setters are Ghost type, so it won't be perfect.

Imprison can work in some situations, but it requires you to actually have Trick Room on a Pokemon, so I find it to be kind of gimmicky. Having Trick Room reversers is relatively common too, but that can go disastrously wrong if your prediction is off. If you mis-predict and use Taunt, then it's not too big of a deal. If you mis-predict and use Trick Room, hoping to reverse an expected TR from your opponent, you can end up taking hits PLUS letting TR go up, giving your opponent a huge advantage. Not a very good strategy, in my eyes.

Finally, pretty much any Pokemon that has access to Prankster is capable of shutting down a TR team in a variety of ways.
Hope that gives you some ideas!
It indeed did give me some ideas.

Does anyone have the power items for hp and special defense,and are willing to trade them for something btw? i need those.

philzone

Ready for trumpets
I am having trouble with a team. currently don't have time to post an entire RMT (since the team is actually a fusion of 2 separate teams). Am using Cresselia/tyranitar/excadrill/amoongus/thundurus-i/swampert. Cress is Toler Webb's Worlds Cress, and amoonguss is a brilliant offensive set i made, that can OHKO scizor with a helping hand and has held its own in battle on many occasions. Thundurus is stndard bulky set, t-tar and excadrill are stadard sets, and swampert is similar to that of the one jaime used vs toler in VGC 2012 seniors worlds final. Am having trouble with scrafty, since i lack any way to take it out. tar loses to drain punch, and swampert can't do anything ATM. thunduru is a sitting duck, cress is doomed, rarely using drill under TR, and amoonguss loses to the ever common ice punch. I am looking to add a conkeldurr, bu i don't know what to substitute.

Nitocrys

Because I'm Happy.
I am having trouble with a team. currently don't have time to post an entire RMT (since the team is actually a fusion of 2 separate teams). Am using Cresselia/tyranitar/excadrill/amoongus/thundurus-i/swampert. Cress is Toler Webb's Worlds Cress, and amoonguss is a brilliant offensive set i made, that can OHKO scizor with a helping hand and has held its own in battle on many occasions. Thundurus is stndard bulky set, t-tar and excadrill are stadard sets, and swampert is similar to that of the one jaime used vs toler in VGC 2012 seniors worlds final. Am having trouble with scrafty, since i lack any way to take it out. tar loses to drain punch, and swampert can't do anything ATM. thunduru is a sitting duck, cress is doomed, rarely using drill under TR, and amoonguss loses to the ever common ice punch. I am looking to add a conkeldurr, bu i don't know what to substitute.
if you're having trouble with scrafty, try a burner or intimidator, it might help.

Also i just beat someone called redplay on ps running joej's team ._.
I guess that's a good sign those changes you guys recommended worked, as i won. (barely, but it was the best battle out of testing)

philzone

Ready for trumpets
if you're having trouble with scrafty, try a burner or intimidator, it might help.

Also i just beat someone called redplay on ps running joej's team ._.
I guess that's a good sign those changes you guys recommended worked, as i won. (barely, but it was the best battle out of testing)

the gastro one. well, no wonder, if you read the RMT he did, i believe Joej actually mentioned that without a strong grass move, you were doomed. you had breloom.
I was thinking landorus therian over excadrill, but there goes my extremely good sweeper. it did a good job against a heatran and a metagross with a STAB ground gem HH earthquake. the ony real burner would be sableye, since then i have immunity to fighting, and then can get a good synergy with amoonguss and cress, but then goes electric coverage. salamence gives intimidate, and a full power hp flying should ohko with hh support, but then no electric cover. hmm, a hard choice. oh and survives max attack, non boosted ice punch when scrafty at -1att

Last edited:

Nitocrys

Because I'm Happy.
the gastro one. well, no wonder, if you read the RMT he did, i believe Joej actually mentioned that without a strong grass move, you were doomed. you had breloom.
I was thinking landorus therian over excadrill, but there goes my extremely good sweeper. it did a good job against a heatran and a metagross with a STAB ground gem HH earthquake. the ony real burner would be sableye, since then i have immunity to fighting, and then can get a good synergy with amoonguss and cress, but then goes electric coverage. salamence gives intimidate, and a full power hp flying should ohko with hh support, but then no electric cover. hmm, a hard choice. oh and survives max attack, non boosted ice punch when scrafty at -1att
To be honest grass typing did nothing that match, i won because of luck..
his latias at 12% ko'd my 30-40% left zapdos with surf, and breeloom lived with 1 hp. i then ko'd next turn with bullet seed.
if it only hit me a bit harder it woulda been won by redplay.

joej m

Club Double Trouble

yep. on my team, i have a check list of moves. and if i dont have a sweeper/bulky attacker with a grass move, and i dont have a bulky support/bulky attacker AND a fast sweeper with an ice move (often cresselia, or bulky politoed for the support pokemon with ice move). i have various other things i check off for a team too.

EDIT: at nine tails: breloom kinda counters trick room, as long as you can spore the trick room user/trick room the follow me/rage powder support pokemon. fake out gets a little more tricky. or you can just throw an amoonguss on the team instead of breloom, which will make them not wanna set up TR.

Last edited:

philzone

Ready for trumpets
yep. on my team, i have a check list of moves. and if i dont have a sweeper/bulky attacker with a grass move, and i dont have a bulky support/bulky attacker AND a fast sweeper with an ice move (often cresselia, or bulky politoed for the support pokemon with ice move). i have various other things i check off for a team too.

EDIT: at nine tails: breloom kinda counters trick room, as long as you can spore the trick room user/trick room the follow me/rage powder support pokemon. fake out gets a little more tricky. or you can just throw an amoonguss on the team instead of breloom, which will make them not wanna set up TR.

Ever tried liepard and breloom together. if your opponent doesn't have access to mach punch, they have lost, since you fake out and spore first turn, and then encore anything that tries to protect/fake out etc and then spore everything. useswagger to annoy special attackers, and use foul play for some qite high damage, esp vs dusknoir and cresselia.

Hehehe i have an amoonguss, and it shocks everyone with it's ability to 2hko rindo gastrodon and ohko non rindo swampert, as well as hold its own agains other amonguss, with HP fire. If anyone can't tell, it is a offencive amoonguss. it runs quiet nature with 252 hp, 148 def and 108 sp att. it shocks many about how it can tank dragon gem draco eteors from timid latios with no spdef investment. it has 30 att IVs/30spatt IVs and 2 spd IVs, for HP fire, since I don't like how it is walled by nearly ny steel type, so i chose HP fire > sludge bomb.

I saw a brilliant hail goodstuff team the other day, and it was brilliant. i may have a look aa hail good stuff team

Silvershark

HAWLUCHA!!!
Well, we were supposed to start the tourney yesterday. We need to work harder on our coordination and follow through.

In other news, Team Terrakrow flew again last night! I was feeling a bit nostalgic, and decided to take the old team out to stretch it's legs. Rated match up was a barren wasteland, and after ten minutes of not finding anyone, I had to settle for free mode. He wasn't the best player, but he had a good team and landed enough critical hits to keep me on my toes: 15-61212-03948

I also have some videos of mine and joej m's battles to share:
95-10977-22835
88-74442-02776
For our next battle, we decided to test out another one of joej m's teams. He 4-0'd me on the first of these battles with this team, but decided not to save the video due to it being too haxy. Hax or no hax, I'm sure I wasn't winning that one, but it was his call.
48-51072-62663
^ This battle and the next one went a little better, but then he also hinted his leads a little in our VM's between battles, so that helped a lot. Still waiting on the last video to be uploaded.

Looking forward to battling Shreyas next. We've had a hard time catching each other on-line, but sounds like we've finally settled on this Wednesday. I'm sure we'll get even more awesome battle videos then.

Last edited:

Nitocrys

Because I'm Happy.
Alright, Georgia is literally in 5 days, i wish luck to others who are participating.

On other news, i tried making a pokemon battle vid, but due to my camera being utterly horrible i had to use the pokecheck battle vid viewer .-.
Link is in my sig if anyone is interested in watching it.

jstinftw!

hey trainer
Hey guys! Thought you should know;
The Serebiiforums 2013 International Challenge - April Edition thread is now up!!!
If any of you fellow Double Battlers are interested in participating, sign up! :D

Also, I gotta share this battle. Super interesting match!

http://www.pokemonshowdown.com/replay/doublesvgc2013-14363209
The other guy probably should have one, but hax was on my side. But it was really fun anyways!

I am going to MA soon for regionals! wish me luck!

Good luck man! Make us proud! :D

Nitocrys

Because I'm Happy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTlH0sP6ufE&list=UUD2hfMlYsenBW81nTNXbQYQ
:O joey is on yt!

Im currently in GA right now, got here last night, and i came across some people practicing in one of the gamestops. Looks like some tough competition down here. The food is...well, interesting to say the least.

And considering the fact none of you are coming to my knowledge, ill try to film somethings, and provide some info, as it looks really cool down here.

jstinftw!

hey trainer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTlH0sP6ufE&list=UUD2hfMlYsenBW81nTNXbQYQ
:O joey is on yt!

Im currently in GA right now, got here last night, and i came across some people practicing in one of the gamestops. Looks like some tough competition down here. The food is...well, interesting to say the least.

And considering the fact none of you are coming to my knowledge, ill try to film somethings, and provide some info, as it looks really cool down here.

Do it!! That would be super sweet! :D
Good luck man!

Status
Not open for further replies.