• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Club Double Trouble (a double battling community)

Status
Not open for further replies.

*Kyurem*

Hey guys sorry I haven't posted in a while I have been busy with school and vgc nationals.

but anyway also the seniors teams were posted http://nuggetbridge.com/forums/topic/1930-top-8-top-16-teams-from-seniors-national-championships/#entry38995.

Edit: Also btw I got 3rd at nationals!!!!

I got 21st... I was beaten by someone in their first year at Nationals and someone who won the regionals this year and my percent was just a little too low, so no top 16 for me.

joej m

Club Double Trouble
So hey... yeah...
I have contacted a club section moderator twice with no reply to change the owner, but it the VGC sub forum goes up, then I think this can be shut down, so I have been sitting back and waiting it out to see what happens with that.
Anyway lets hope we have SOME way to keep VGC on serebii~!

zozo

SLIMED!
First off, congrats to Kyurem and drizzleboy for your performance at nationals! ^^

Second, I have to say I was somewhat taken by surprise to see the Pokemon that were used. I would NEVER had called Ninetales being used at all, much less being used more than Politoed. And Swift Swim Kingdra made surprisingly poor showing, too. And then there were just so many "surprise" pokemon. I mean, come on! Glaceon? Misdreavus? STEELIX? There was definitely a fair share of "standard" teams that we've all come to know and love and be bored of, but they were far fewer in number than I would have thought.

All I can say is, that's so refreshing to see how the metagame has evolved, and I can't wait to see what's going to happen at worlds!

Shreyas

@Drizzleboy: I got that news! Awesome job, and I expect you to take 1st at Worlds xP
@Kyurem: Don't feel too bad! 21st place is still AMAZING. I remember feeling terrible after getting 18th place in 2011, but when you think about it, you have the same finish as those in top 16, maybe not place-wise, but win-loss. Still good, and you should feel proud!

@zozo: IKR! Nationals is where all the standards tend to nearly go away. You'll see really weird sets and Pokemon, and generally those take top places! A lot of trainers may look like they are running standard teams, but a lot of them actually have standard Pokemon that have a pretty crazy twist to them. In worlds, I expect to see some pretty awesome Pokemon.

@joejm: Did you go to nationals? .-. Also, might as well shut down the club after the forum goes up, the club did it's job, and actually spread awareness of VGCs as well, so it had a pretty nice run :)

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
Any place at nationals would be nice... I don't live anywhere near where regional's are played, so I couldn't enter even if I wanted too. So Congrats to those who can compete and did rank :D

KuzKan

Hey guys! How have you been?
I'm so sorry i was away yet agin but some problems came up so... yeah ><
So... i've read there wont be anymore 5th Gen tournaments? Thats kind of a shame since idk if i can get Pokemon XY or even a 3DS when they come out ><
Either way... im planning on starting to play again from scratch so if i manage to get some time my plans are to have a full shiny pokedex with competitive pokemons xD
I'm really glad to be back and to see you guys! ^^

Oh btw justin, im on Masters division ^^

Shreyas

So, we got our VGCs subforum!

I believe this club has served a strong purpose, and has definitely made a good impression. Now with the subforum, are you guys still planning on keeping this club running?

jstinftw!

hey trainer
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS!!!!! VGC SUBFORUM!!!!!!!!!

We need to start talking about how we're going to keep the subforum alive though, so that we DON'T lose it. But as for the Club, I honestly don't see a reason to like, scrap it. This is where we, as VGC players, hang out and have casual conversations about VGC. This can be the planting grounds for big topics in the actual subforum, as well as serve as a place to just talk about VGC casually. There isn't exactly a chat thread. :p

Silvershark

HAWLUCHA!!!
This can also be a place for newer VGC players to ask questions and get team advice since Ragnarock made it pretty clear he doesn't want the new section turning into a help forum. I still think we should create a thread outlining the basics of doubles, then directing people here if they need more help. It also wouldn't be a bad idea to get a tournament set up after the global showdown to commemorate the opening of the sub-forum. Nothing fancy, just a plain VGC '13 ruleset, maybe a few pokemon for prizes. Should be easier to set up than our last attempts since it sounds like there won't be anymore wifi tourneys for awhile.

KuzKan

Exactly as justin and silvershark said.
Quite a few people worked hard on this club mantaining it active and pretty (aham... i see you justin xD) so it would be a shame if it would be closed right?
We can talk about the updates and news and that kind of stuff in the alreaddy existing thread on the sub-forum while conducting club activities like before, at least, thats my opinion.
And now with our own sub-forum maybe we can attract even more people to the club making it even more active right? wich woul be awesme if we could have like weekly tournaments or at least a bit more frequent.
Either way it will be amazing too see how many attention VGC will receive on serebii from now on, i hope it grows big!!! yush!!

KuzKan

Nicely done, i woul love to atten to VGC but its impossible for now ;_;

Btw guys, what about we having a tournament here?
I know this has been quiet for a while but maybe it would help us to be a bit more active? Maybe?
Perosnally i dont think i can enter since i started new games on my white and white 2 yesterday but i can organize it if you guys want to ^^

Shreyas

Nicely done, i woul love to atten to VGC but its impossible for now ;_;

Btw guys, what about we having a tournament here?
I know this has been quiet for a while but maybe it would help us to be a bit more active? Maybe?
Perosnally i dont think i can enter since i started new games on my white and white 2 yesterday but i can organize it if you guys want to ^^

How about we open it up to the whole site in general? ;o
Like, we could run a tournament and put it past the admins so it can get a little more attention and a possibly larger participation.

KuzKan

How about we open it up to the whole site in general? ;o
Like, we could run a tournament and put it past the admins so it can get a little more attention and a possibly larger participation.

Yeah actually i was thinking if it would be possible to post it on the VGC sub-forum?
it probably would help attracting more people to that section aswell.

Shreyas

Yeah actually i was thinking if it would be possible to post it on the VGC sub-forum?
it probably would help attracting more people to that section aswell.

Forum wide tournaments generally go here, but it'd be a lot cooler if we can have an "official" VGCs tournament. But, that requires a moderator to start the tournament.

I mean Ragnarok did imply he'd consider starting up VGCs tournaments (unless I misunderstood), so we can just wait it out.

KuzKan

Forum wide tournaments generally go here, but it'd be a lot cooler if we can have an "official" VGCs tournament. But, that requires a moderator to start the tournament.

I mean Ragnarok did imply he'd consider starting up VGCs tournaments (unless I misunderstood), so we can just wait it out.

Hmm should we try to contact him and talk about it?
I think it would be cooler for it to be considered "official" in the VGC forum instead of just possting it alongside all the other single tournaments.
And on top of that as said before, it would probably help the sub-forum getting a bit more attention

joej m

Club Double Trouble
As sad as it may be I personally feel no need for this to exist at this point with the new VGC sub forum up.
I personally believe we should shut it down and move all conversation to the nintendo format section.

btw I am working on the articles:
how to prepare for an event
how to make custom EV spreads

KuzKan

idk... after so much time it would be a shame tearing the club apart wouldnt it?
i'd personally like to talk here just like up until now, can't really explain why but yeah...

Status
Not open for further replies.