• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Club FAQ - (Updated March 22, 2017)

Shadowfaith

Shinigami...
Welcome to the new Club FAQ thread. Here I (and the other clubs mods) will list some of the commonly asked questions and answers to them. Credit does to Chelc for the base of the thread and a lot of the answers.

Club FAQ​

What threads should I read before reading/posting any further?
-Main Forum Rules
-Club Rules
-Club Approval/Disapproval thread

How do I know if my club is suitable?
Well first off you read the club and forum rules and check what you need to cover in order for your club to be approved. If you are still unsure you PM a club moderator to double check.

Will I be a good owner?
Well that depends. With a club you need to be sure that you want to own it and that you are capable of handling the responsibilities.
-Are you going to be active? Club members look to you to keep them going, if your not going to be active then there is a chance the club will die. We don’t ask that you check it every day, but every week would be nice.
-Are you following the rules? You need to be a good role model for your club members if you don’t want your club to be spammed and eventually closed. So make sure you have read the rules and are ready to enforce them in your club and report any rule breakers.

How do I submit a club?
Simple, you click this: [
newthread.gif
] located at the top of the club page and then enter the title and details of the club before clicking ‘submit new thread. Note that you only have to click the submit button once (unless there is a plain error) as your thread is then sent to the moderation queue where it will either be approved or disapproved by a club moderator.

How long does it take for my club to be approved?
We can’t really put a time on it. It can be approved anywhere between the time you post it and a million years down the line (not really but you know what I mean). The club moderators have real lives as well as forum lives and they will not always be active. The normal time span for a club to be approved is 1-2 days.

I pressed submit! Where is my club?!

If you read the club rules you would know that your club has been sent to the moderation queue awaiting approval from a mod. In this period of time your club will not be visible to you or others so don’t panic. Just be patient and wait for a mod to approve or disapprove it. For more info on the moderation queue please read the club rules and to check whether your club has been approve/disapproved, please check the ‘Club Approval/Disapproval thread’.

How many clubs can I create?
There is no limit. However, running too many Clubs can be pretty stressful. Personally, I feel one is enough, especially if it has a lot of members. So yeah, you'll have to think this out yourself - just remember that it will be a lot of work if you choose to run more than one Club.

The owner of the _____ club hasn’t been active. Can I re-start it?

If the club owner has been inactive for 4 weeks or more then yes you can re-start that club. If the owner is active but simply hasn’t posted in the club then you need to PM them for permission to re-start it. If the answer is no then sorry but they still have ownership. If they do not reply then PM a mod to check if it is alright. Please note that to re-start a club where the owner has not been active, the club members need to have a vote on who the new owner will be to avoid quarrelling.

The _____ club was closed. Can I re-start it?
Yes you can, unless it was stated otherwise by a moderator. But please take into account why the club was closed. If the club was inactive, please think to yourself on if it is even worth starting a new one.
Also note that if the previous owner of said club has requested another member take it over, then the member that was recommended is automatically the owner if he/she accept it.

The owner of the _____ club is horrible. What can you do about it?
If a moderator receives complaints of a horrible club owner then we can close the club and take they’re ownership away, but that is only if we have complaints. Please do not take matters into your own hands! Report the person or PM a club moderator and we will take it from there.

The owner or the _____ club was banned. Can I restart it?
If this is so, please PM a club moderator to check on the ban status of that member. If it is a temp ban then there may be no need for the club to get restarted. It all depends on the reason of the ban.

I’ve been inactive for 4 weeks or more and another person owns the club I started, can I have it back?
No. Plain and simply. You were inactive and thus members felt the need to take the club into they’re own hands and so decided on re-starting it. If you have a valid reason then I’m sorry to say that even that can’t be helped, you will then need to discuss it with the current club owner.

I want to make a club, but its similar to another. Am I aloud?
It all depends. For example if your planning on making a club for the legendary dogs, but there is already a Legendary Pokemon club then yes you are aloud because although both clubs are based on the legendary dogs they are not entirely alike. On the other hand if you wanted to start another Legendary Pokemon club, then no you can’t…there is already one, why would you want to? o_O

I want to make a club about a single Pokemon. Am I aloud?
No. Why? Because you can discuss little about one Pokemon. The club will run out of topics and it will eventually die out. If you want to make a club about a Pokemon, make it about a family or group of Pokemon.

I want to make a club about a family of Pokemon i.e the Charmander, Charmeleon and Charizard club. Am I aloud? [NEW]
As of the start of October, this is not aloud as the mods have come to the agreement that there is no need for them as they can easily be discussed Pokemon type threads such as the Fire Pokemon Club. So be all means go ahead and make a type club but family clubs are no longer accepted. This of course excludes the Legendery Pokemon club as they are basically a type of Pokemon.

Can I bump my club?
The answer to that is generally no, if your club is dying and you were the last to post then it is obvious interest has been lost in your club and that’s that. However if your club has only recently been approved and has been pushed back to the second page with zero replies, you can bump it…BUT ONLY ONCE. Anymore than that and it is against the rules.

Is my post acceptable? (Members)

We’ve been having major problems with one liners in the club section and we ask you to make your post count. When posting make sure that your post is:
-Sticking to the topic. Try not to stray from the club topic too often
-Intelligent. No we don’t want you to figure out the square route of 2,409,448 but we do want to see that you have put some thought and effort into your post, if only a little.
-Not breaking forum rules. This goes without saying really, make sure you read the forum and club rules.

How do I join a club?
Make sure you read the first post of the club you wish to join as some clubs have they’re own rules and will ask you to provide a password or PM a club owner for permission to join. DO NOT POST “OMG CAN I JOIN!11!” as that is classed as spam, give a valid reason for why you want to join…try and sell yourself to the club owner to give you a position in the club.

I got rejected from a club…what?
The chances are you did not follow the rules and you were rejected. Do not repost in that club asking why or demanding to be made a member as you will be infracted or worse yet, banned. Club owners should have the decency to tell the members why they were rejected and if they do not, the rejected member has full rights to PM that owner and ask them why.

I have troublesome member. What should I do?
Warn them. If they still don't listen to you and continue to break the rules, report them using the report button [
report.gif
], and we will deal with them by infracting them, or if its really bad, PM a club moderator and we will take care of them.

Can I change the name of my club?
You can't edit the name of it, but we can. If you typoed, left out something in the title of your Club or simply just want it changed, drop either one of us a PM with what you want it to say and we'll fix it for you. Note that only the club owner can request the name change.

Can I close my Club
Again, something only we can do. PM us with an explanation of why you want your Club closed and we will close it for you.

How do I search for a club?
Use the search feature provided by the forum and type in a keyword. This is the main way for searching for clubs that may have already been made.

Who are the club moderators?
Tiffany ;421; VampirateMace ;169;

Okay if there is anything else you would like to ask, feel free to ask here. The post will be updated with more questions and answers as they are met.

Last edited by a moderator:

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
Please define "one-liners", for the good of us all. I've been in multiple clubs where the owners are convinced that any post of a single sentence will get the club closed, or even posts of multiple sentences that don't form a second line.

For that matter, if we do have a post that short that's still intelligent and on-topic, where's the problem?

Chelc

I'll just CP what I said in the Clubs Input thread:

One-liners seem to be confusing for most people here. The way I see them, they are one-sentenced/one-lined posts that do not contribute to the Club's topic in any way. Let me clear up the differences below:

One-liner that should be reported: Yeah, that's cool! I totally agree with you.
Not only is it one line, but who cares? No one. This post has absolutely no explanations as to reasons for feeling that way. It's a Stupid Pointless Annoying Message, aka spam. These types of one-liners can, yes, get a Club closed if there are too many, and should always be reported. A warning will be issued the first time, any other times, a three point infraction for spam will be issued.

One-liner that should not be reported: I think we should have a contest for this Club each week. What about a Pokemon themed fan art or fan fic contest?
Even though it is one line, it gets to the point, and there isn't much more you can say, really. These types of posts don't have to be reported. Apologies if this isn't the best example, I don't feel that well and can't really think of a good one right now. If you still need help differentiating/want a better example, just ask.

I don't have a problem with one-sentenced posts that are to the point and contribute to the topic. I'm not sure about the other mods - maybe they could post their take on one liners here as well? ^^;

the jman

Ak47 I choose you!
are we allowed to own more than one club?

Bossk

Like a champ.
It's stated above that yes, in fact you can, although they said it may be difficult to maintain

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
The last Galactic club was closed, and the only stipulation for starting a new one was that the previous owner couldn't do it. So I made a new one and it got closed because it says someone else was handling "the state of the new club" (this isn't defined).

Why? The only rule was that it couldn't be Yeti who starts a new one. Will the new one be reopened when this is defined/ironed out?

Yeti

Banned
The last Galactic club was closed, and the only stipulation for starting a new one was that the previous owner couldn't do it. So I made a new one and it got closed because it says someone else was handling "the state of the new club" (this isn't defined).

Why? The only rule was that it couldn't be Yeti who starts a new one. Will the new one be reopened when this is defined/ironed out?
Word up from Chelc:
The only mod who agreed with that statement is (as far as is known) the one who posted it.
Since, you know, some certain users came into the thread to troll and started some mess and that would not have been myself. ;x

Yeah it got closed because you were bashing the old one in your first post (Tiffany had to edit it, that was not needed thx) and several mods felt it was too soon to remake the thread considering there was still disagreement over the last one, and perhaps some lingering tensions due to the trolling.

Chelc would like to inform you a new one will be opened in due time, so just be patient. The first post will gain mod+ or higher approval before being submitted by the next user, to ensure there's nothing that needs to be removed due to bashing.

She also says the mod who approved the thread shouldn't have, due to all the conflict regarding it.

/don't shoot the messenger just relaying stuff from Chelc/

Torpoleon

So, with the No Poke Family Club rule, that means any more club that people want to make and are Pokemon Families, it wont get accepted, but the ones that are still alive can stay alive, right? If not, I will be seriously annoyed if you guys close my Piplup, Prinplup and Empoleon Club because it is still alive.

Shadowfaith

Shinigami...
The ones that have been accepted can stay, but as soon as/if they die, there will be no more acceptions, you will not be able to re-start it =P

Dark kittie farie

Light & Darkness
I'm not exactly sure about this, but....I'm wondering if we're allowed to make a club that doesn't have to do with Pokemon?

Plusle+Minun

fanfiction is life
^^Very much so.

Can you make a club for one pokemon game?

Also, my search tool isn't working. It's loading, loading, then it stps loaking on the blank page and the title says "http://serebiiforums/search/php?7548937" etc.

the jman

Ak47 I choose you!
^^ Yes but its pointless. theres already a pokemon leafgreen club (firered players are there also) and theres a pokemon HG/SS club.

Splapp

I read about Club names in the rules section, but would a sort of 'Team blablabla' name be alright for a TCG club?

Thanks, Splapp

Trainmaster718

ORAS is here!
In the club rules, it states:

I. Do not PM/VM members to join your club
This will be classed as intent to annoy others and can lead to Warning > Infraction > Ban. You may advertise in your sig but nothing more. If you catch anyone doing this then please report it to a moderator immediately, either through using the report system or Pming a mod.

I just restarted a closed club, and I was wondering if I just dropped a friendly VM on the older members' pages telling them that it was restarted if they were still interested. Would this be considered advertising my club?

Last edited:

CheeseChan.xx

I ♥ Shinji
I'm sorry if I sound like a noob, but I need to know:

If a club has become inactive, can I reform it?

Would I be allowed to create a club of Pokemon who know a certain move? I was hoping to make one of Transform.

pokemaster394

JESUS FREAK
This has been bothering me for a while, but what happened to the Official Dragonball Z club? I remember joining it and posting in there for a little bit, then next thing I know, its deleted! I mean, usually if a club ends, it gets locked. So why didn't that happen to this one?

This has been bothering me for a while, but what happened to the Official Dragonball Z club? I remember joining it and posting in there for a little bit, then next thing I know, its deleted! I mean, usually if a club ends, it gets locked. So why didn't that happen to this one?
Are you talking about this club? It doesn't appear deleted just dead and sunk down into the archives of rotting clubs. There was also the other DBZ club that you posted in too. Both clubs died since they haven't had posts since late Feburary but if you like you could uh, remake the club. =D

allaboutthecute

When I grow up
I belong to this club, and it hasn't had a post in like, 20 days. I got the last post, so i can't restart it, and i want to know if i can PM/VM the owner to ask if they are still interested in keeping the club open. Not pressuring them to post or anything, just asking whether or not they aren't posting on purpose.

Chelc

I belong to this club, and it hasn't had a post in like, 20 days. I got the last post, so i can't restart it, and i want to know if i can PM/VM the owner to ask if they are still interested in keeping the club open. Not pressuring them to post or anything, just asking whether or not they aren't posting on purpose.

Yeah, that's fine if you want to PM/VM the owner about that. If he/she doesn't respond after a week or so, PM a mod if you're still interested in restarting the Club so the old thread can be closed.