• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Club Nintendo prizes

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
I don't know that this warrants its own thread, but I didn't see an existing one this would fit into.

So you guys may know that on June 30, the Club Nintendo year will end, and if you've gotten an Elite status, they'll give you some sort of prize, like in previous years. My question is, should I go ahead and purchase the Game and Watch Gallery 2 game, or wait and see if they offer it as a prize? My only reason for not waiting is I'm worried they might remove the game when the date turns over. Do they usually remove stuff after the end of a "year"?

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
They don't normally offer items from their coin selection as Elite prizes.

I see...

Do you happen to know if they remove prizes when the year ends? I'm trying to decide if I should buy Game & Watch 2 now.

BCVM22

I'm pretty sure they haven't actually removed any of the major coin-amount prizes since they started the program. I can't prove that factually, of course, but near as I can remember, those Game and Watch items at the very highest coin prices have been there since the beginning.

Remember, however, that you lose your coins when the status year ends. Had you waited until the 30th, you would have found the item you want not offered as an Elite prize and your coin totals reset to 0.

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
I'm pretty sure they haven't actually removed any of the major coin-amount prizes since they started the program. I can't prove that factually, of course, but near as I can remember, those Game and Watch items at the very highest coin prices have been there since the beginning.

Remember, however, that you lose your coins when the status year ends. Had you waited until the 30th, you would have found the item you want not offered as an Elite prize and your coin totals reset to 0.

You lose your coins on June 30? I thought they lasted two years... but then I don't remember when I got some of my coins.

pokemon1996

<-- I will get'em
I would recommend ordering it if you know that is what you want. I doubt that will be an elite prize. Gold has always been a desk calender, platinum is never the same.

Skiks

MUCH RESPECT
Just order your coin item now. I already bought a Hafunda deck myself because I knew my coins would expire soon. Don't wait I'm pretty sure a lot of your coins will go considering you had enough piled up for a game and watch game.

DaAuraWolf

I’m Back...
The Platinum reward in my opinion is kinda of disappointing this past year compared to the past Platinum rewards here in North America. I actual wouldn`t mind if I would have just got the Gold reward this year instead of Platinum. But , I decided to get the Platinum reward anyway because I wasn`t going to pass up the actual reward I worked all club year long to get. The items in question that I`m talking about is Mario & Friends pin badge collection for Platinum status and a 2012 Nintendo themed calender for Gold as usual with the year on it being different. If your are curious about what they look like , The URL to the website is below. Now the long wait till November to actual receive the reward begins now.

https://club.nintendo.com/2011-elite-gift.do

DaAuraWolf

I’m Back...
No thanks , I`m keeping the pins because I think that the pins look more awsome because of the 8 bit character designs. I was only disappointed because I thought that was a step down from what they had to offer the 2 previous years (Mario hat plus Doc Louis`s Punch out for 2009 and the Mario Figurine set for 2010.). But thanks for asking anyway.

Myrrh

Two years now that I miss out on at least Gold Status, with last year missing it by only ten coins. And I really like those calenders...

Jigglychu, somewhere on the site it should tell you how many of your coins should have expired at the end of the Club Nintendo year. Mine said I had 70 expiring so I got a red reversible pouch.

Skiks

MUCH RESPECT
You can choose either reward if you're Platinum. Nintendo knew it's kinda suckish compared to last year.

pokemon1996

<-- I will get'em
25 retro mario pins FTW!! :D

Cobalt_Latios

Still going with the calendar, even if I did manage to get Platinum (still wrapping my mind around that...). Calendar just seems more practical to me anyways.

/CL